Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,375 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary (4064 Views)

Marieh Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah) / The Cobweb Story On Hijrah From Makkah To Madeenah / A Golden Advice From A Noble Sheikh In Makkah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:05pm On May 18, 2019
Asalam alaykum. There are a lot of problems with this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/4998545/marieh-carey-performed-live-saudi

Let's get into it.

Albaqr: For a fact, Marieh Carey was not the first SATANIC singer to perform in Saudi Arabia organized by the Saudi government (royal family). Several other satanic singers and entertainers like WWE wrestlers have in the past performed in the land of "Kitab wa Sunnah".

I don't see how Mariah's performance warrant this level of outcry. This performance was held outside Makkah, why add "Near Makkah" in the headlines? Why not just state "Mariah Carey performed in Saudi Arabia, Jeddah"? Why introduce Makkah in the headline.

Am afraid, this was intended to increase the chance of inciting Muslim outrage. And to me, this was the first red flag, I immediately felt this was more of a disguised plot by Iranian regime or estranged Muslim Brotherhood and their sympathizers to sabotage the Saudi regime.

Also, calling Marey Carey satanic singer? I'll hold you to this, Albaqr. There are worse and more satanic things happening in Saudi Arabia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:08pm On May 18, 2019
# People are dying in Yemen at the hand of the Saudi regime, the prince and royals are watching Marieh Carey.

Well, they have obviously intervened to end the conflict, but only failed & intensified the conflict. Besides, Mariah was not just there to entertain the royalty. It was as part of an ongoing Golf tournament. Her Saudi fans wanted her and were there to watch. Saudi people love music too. Even though it is forbidden in traditional Islam.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:09pm On May 18, 2019
# Jamal Khashoghi was brutally murdered and chopped up like chicken by the Saudis, the prince and royals are watching Marieh Carey while their local champions "salafis" all across the globe kept mute. Many Saudi scholars and activists who have strongly condemned this satanic regime are either exiled or jailed while some were already beheaded.

I know, I really feel bad about the Khasshogi incident. But come on, covert assassination of the regime opponent has always been part of Muslim history. Khashoggi, a journalist fled Saudi Arabia to US, where he continued to criticize the ruling regime. He was an opponent to MBS, and the prince might have taken him out.

In the middle ages, Muslim caliphs would assassinate or execute their subjects on grounds of mere suspicion. According to hadith, Muhammad would send his assassains to execute those who condemned him, such as Kab bin Ashraf or Asma bint Marwan.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:11pm On May 18, 2019
According to hadith, rebelling against the leader is haram. Unless the leader clearly apostatize from Islam, none may rebel. At best, the Muslims may admonish the ruler. The salafi scholars probably did that quietly, unless they believe Khashoggi deserved his fate.

Sahih Muslim » The Book on Government
1. There will be leaders who will not be led by my guidance and who will not adopt my ways? There will be among them men who will have the hearts of devils in the bodies of human beings. I said: What should I do. Messenger of Allah, if I (happen) to live in that time? He replied: You will listen to the Amir and carry out his orders; even if your back is flogged and your wealth is snatched, you should listen and obey.

2. Amirs will be appointed over you, and you will find them doing good as well as bad deeds. One who hates their bad deeds is absolved from blame. People asked: Messenger of Allah, shouldn't we fight against them? He replied: No, as long as they say their prayer.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2019
When Khashoggi was killed, some Muslims quickly heaped all the blame on MBS and denied it had anything to do with Islam. An insult upon Khashoggi. MBS is the closest person in Muslimdom to a caliph, and should he be guilty for killing Khashoggi, he is not accountable before the the people for his crime, because he is still a Muslim.

So, rather than blame Saudi regime, Albaqr should have called attention to Muslim traditions supporting this barbarity. Don't blame the player, blame the game.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2019
# The greatest catastrophe for the Muslim world is the status of the Palestinian. They are being killed on a daily basis, encamped in what is known as "largest open prison in the world" with no access to good, drug, water, or anything for that matter unless the Zionist regime give approval. The coward Muslim world kept mute, and the buffoons of the Saudi regime continue to organize live concert watching Marieh Carey, and wrestling.

Palestine is an unfortunate situation. But not the greatest catastrophe that befell Muslim. Muslims don't care about Palestine. Palestine is a victim card that Muslims just raise to unite themselves against the common enemy or to garner sympathy from non-Muslims.

Some time ago, I created a thread, "What is so wrong with Trump's Muslim ban?" I expose the cognitive dissonance in Muslims pledging solidarity to Palestine, yet migrating to the west, and engaging with westerners.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:13pm On May 18, 2019
Who, except a masochist or liar go live in the house of the enemy of his brothers? Then works for they enemy of their brothers, and pay tax to them. Are these genuine brothers even if they sympathize with their brothers?

There are 57 Muslim countries open to Muslim migrants and refugees, but these Muslims prefer to go to Europe and North America? 20% of Israelis are even Arab Muslims. I feel sad for the Palestinians who are not only victimized by state of Israel but by their own Muslim brothers.

The sooner they realize this is their fight alone, not a collective Muslim fight, the better for them.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2019
But wait, who is at fault for the Palestinian plight today? Is it only the Western imperialists and the Muslim powers? To answer this, we have to go back to the conquest of Jerusalem in the 7th century by Muslim army. You can say that the Muslim army acquired the land unethically, by abusing their military might.

The land was inhabited by Jews and Christians until Muslim armies invaded without need and took the land for themselves. This is the first sin of the Muslim army. They then proceed to build their Mosque on the Jewish sacred site. This is their second sin. Christian armies tried to retake the land once or twice but failed. This is how Palestine became Arab/Muslim land.

1 Like

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2019
When Christian armies overpowered Muslims in the 1900s, they seized the land. And of course the rest is history. Regardless of the manner of acquiring the land over 1000 years ago, on secular term, the land is for Arabs or Palestinians, I'll admit.

But unfortunately, this dilemma cannot be resolved on secular basis only, it is deeply grounded in Abrahamic religious rhetoric. So, let's see;

Qur'an tells us the land belong to the Children of Israel. The Qur'an uses the term "Children of Israel" for all Jews, regardless of bloodline. So, the problem with Muslims turning this into a religious issue is that it doesn't work for them. It proves their ancestors erred terribly about Islam.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2019
Prince Muhammad ibn Salman and UAE prince "with whores" at night party in U.A.E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jdm-3TJcdo&feature=youtu.be

That's him? I wouldn't be surprised. Even as a prince, it must be hard to live in a country where you can't even stand 10ft from a woman, unless she is your mother, sister or daughter. Every year, thousands of Saudi men go for holiday in Dubai where the laws are lax enough to allow them mingle with women.

Burka, niqab, gender segregation, all these things breed sexual obsession, and irrational craving for women.

1 Like

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by true2god: 2:24pm On May 18, 2019
usermane:
Asalam alaykum. There are a lot of problems with this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/4998545/marieh-carey-performed-live-saudi

Let's get into it.

I don't see how Mariah's performance warrant this level of outcry. This performance was held outside Makkah, why add "Near Makkah" in the headlines? Why not just state "Mariah Carey performed in Saudi Arabia, Jeddah"? Why introduce Makkah in the headline.

Am afraid, this was intended to increase the chance of inciting Muslim outrage. And to me, this was the first red flag, I immediately felt this was more of a disguised plot by Iranian regime or estranged Muslim Brotherhood and their sympathizers to sabotage the Saudi regime.

Also, calling Marey Carey satanic singer? I'll hold you to this, Albaqr. There are worse and more satanic things happening in Saudi Arabia.
AlBakir failed to understand that the Saudis would rather tolerate Maria Carey than having the shia Muslims around them. The last time I checked, the highest victims of public beheading in Saudi Arabia are the Shi'a.

AlBakir is fighting the wrong battle; he should have found a way to make peace with the oppressive Sunnis instead of condemning their source of joy and happiness which he termed 'unislamic'. King Salman and the current crown peace are trying to open up Saudi Arabia to modernity but Islamic zealots would rather commit terror against this 'shirk' instead of appreciating human process.

1 Like

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:30pm On May 19, 2019
Ahh... There sure is no love lost between Albaqr and Saudi A, on political and religious grounds. After creating this thread, condemning Saudi A, the next week he created another thread glorifying Iran; https://www.nairaland.com/5015685/40th-anniversary-islamic-revolution-what

I'll take a moment examining some of his claims on that thread before moving on to the next comment in this thread.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:32pm On May 19, 2019
Albaqr: The 1979 Islamic revolution of Iran was a success story that sent clear message and thunder-striking fear to the heart of the arrogant superpowers that “there is no power except Allah's”.

This is laden with misinformation.

The title "Islamic revolution" is a misnomer. There were all factions behind the revolution, the communists, secular nationalists, liberals, reformist & conservative Muslims. Outsiders wrongly thought it was an Islamic revolution because it was led by a clergy, Khomeini. And because they saw things like women protesting in black burkas.

1 Like

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:32pm On May 19, 2019
But Khomeini in his speeches would often speak of freedom of speech, women's right, democracy, and he promised not to assume power after the revolution. Thus the leftists naturally trusted him as the face of their revolution. They had no idea he was leading them on.

As to the women protesting in burkas, it was no religious expression but a show of rebellion against the shah who had banned the burka for years. The same women protested when Khomeini enforced headscarf on women after the revolution.

1 Like

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:33pm On May 19, 2019
Here are some of Khomeini's speech during the revolution;

"In Islamic Iran the clergy themselves will not govern but only observe and support the government's leaders. The government of the country at all levels will be observed, evaluated, and publicly criticized." -- Interview with Reuters news agency, Paris, October 26, 1978

"It is the Iranian people who have to select their own capable and trustworthy individuals and give them the responsibilities. However, personally, I can't accept any special role or responsibility." -- Interview with Le Journal newspaper, Paris, November 28, 1978
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2019
"The foundation of our Islamic government is based on freedom of dialogue and will fight against any kind of censorship." -- Interview with Reuters news agency, Paris, October 26, 1978

"My proposal for establishing an Islamic government does not mean a return to the past. I am strongly for civilization and progress." -- Interview with international reporters, Paris, January 11, 1979; also quoted in Ettela'at newspaper in Iran.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2019
"Women are free in the Islamic Republic in the selection of their activities and their future and their clothing." -- Interview with The Guardian newspaper, Paris, November 6, 1978
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:36pm On May 19, 2019
Well after the revolution, his plan for a theocracy became clear. Massive protests and rebellions followed, but it was too late. The clerics had secured power and whatever hope the leftists had would never materialize due to the Iraqis invasion, that mark the start of a 7 years war.

1 Like

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:36pm On May 19, 2019
Here are Khomeini's speeches post revolution;

In every place in this country only clerics can get the job done. Don't show so much prejudice that you want to put the clerics aside. What have you done for your country in all these years that now you're saying clerics should not be in charge? Appreciate these clerics. -- In a meeting with the Islamic Parliament, Jamaran (2), Tehran, May 27, 1981.

"Don't listen to those who speak of democracy. They all are against Islam. They want to take the nation away from its mission. We will break all the poison pens of those who speak of nationalism, democracy, and such things." -- In a meeting with Iranian students and educators, Qom (3), March 13, 1979

1 Like

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2019
"We have to warn these intellectuals that if they don't stop their meddling, they will be crushed. We have treated you gently so that maybe you would stop your evilness, and if you don't stop, we will have the last word. -- In a talk to the Iranian people, August 8, 1979.

"We have to identify those who are not in line with Islam and the Islamic movement by their articles, speeches, and activities. They are all afraid of one thing, which is Islam. They might criticize many things, but the key point is that they are attacking Islam itself. -- To a group of clergymen, Qom, October 22, 1979.

1 Like

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2019
"These criminals that have been arrested are not accused, but their crimes have been proven. We only have to prove their identity and then kill them all. There is absolutely no need for a trial. No compassion for them will be allowed. We believe that the guilty party does not need a trial and must be killed." -- In a message to the Iranian people, June 30, 1980
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by Empiree: 2:10am On May 20, 2019
usermane:

I know, I really feel bad about the Khasshogi incident. But come on, covert assassination of the regime opponent has always been part of Muslim history. Khashoggi, a journalist fled Saudi Arabia to US, where he continued to criticize the ruling regime. He was an opponent to MBS, and the prince might have taken him out.
Nonsense!

It is human history. All govts around the world do this nasty thing. Get over it, buddy.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by true2god: 5:47am On May 20, 2019
Empiree:
Nonsense!

It is human history. All govts around the world do this nasty thing. Get over it, buddy.

Does this include Mohammed's killing of his political enemies as it is well documented in the seerah and the hadith?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by Empiree: 9:14am On May 20, 2019
true2god:
Does this include Mohammed's killing of his political enemies as it is well documented in the seerah and the hadith?
You just can't seem to get over your obsession with prophet muhammad(saw)?. Any slight thing it is muhammad this muhammad that. Get well soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2019
Misinformed, Albaqr continues;

Albaqr: The revolution took the world superpowers as a great surprise where they continue to imagine how “a mullah living (eating) with onion, garlic and yoghurt” could topple one of the most powerful governments of the time that saw the overthrow of the last Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, and the end of 2,500 years of Persian monarchy.

I'm afraid, Albaqr need to update himself. The revolution was far from a "great surprise" to the superpowers. Before Khomeini returned to Iran, he held secret talks, deals or agreement with the US administration. Despite officially reiterating support for the shah, the US administration already lost faith in the shah, by 1979.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:17pm On May 22, 2019
At the time of the revolution, Khomeini had been on exile from Iran, and could not return free and safe under the official law. And should he enter Iran free and safe, he still feared a coup d'etat against his regime by the shah's loyal military - who were also under instruction of US administration.

So, a deal was struck. In return for the US administration guaranteeing his free & safe return to Iran, and no military coup against his new regime; Khomeini promised the US administration that his government will remain on good relations with the US and favor American interest.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2019
Of course, Khomeini lied. But the US administration were convinced, and pushed the shah to leave Iran, and talked the shah's military out of a coup. Thus, enabling Khomeini to return to Iran, to power, without any resistance from the shah's regime.

Citation here; America's secret engagement with Khomeini
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2019
As you see, Khomeini was negotiating background deals with the US, while publicly riling up his followers against the same US. And the US negotiated with Khomeini behind the scenes, while reiterating support for the shah.

For the arrogant superpowers, this revolution was not "a great surprise" or "thunder-striking fear". For, they intentionally facilitated it. Obviously, it just didn't turn out as they planned. But we were all fooled by US and Khomeini.

So remember, believe no more than half you hear.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 12:11pm On May 25, 2019
Albaqr proceed to pay his respect to Khomeini, the leader of the so called Islamic revolution, that was a great surprise and thunder-striking fear upon the superpowers.

Albaqr: As part of the study on Imam and his achievements especially the 1979 revolution, the British Broadcasting corporation (BBC) packaged an informative documentary about Imam Khomeini titled, “ The man who changed the world”.

And indeed, Imam changed the world, the fact that his achievement was unprecedented.
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 12:12pm On May 25, 2019
Khomeini used to be household name, he was loved by Muslims worldwide despite being shiite because he supposedly restored Islam to Iran and turned the country against the imperial west. But Khomeini was a terrible man, and any one able to research objectively quickly finds this. Here are just 3 quotes from him on Islam:

Here is Khomeini sanctioning terrorism for blasphemy. This calls to mind the Charlie hebdo shooting over 4 years ago.

''The author of the 'Satanic Verses' book, which is against Islam, the Prophet and the Koran, and all those involved in its publication who were aware of its content, are sentenced to death. I call on all valiant Muslims wherever they may be in the world to kill them without delay, so that no one will dare insult the sacred beliefs of Muslims. If someone knows them but is unable to kill them, he should hand them over to the people for punishment.''
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/14/newsid_2541000/2541149.stm
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2019
Here is Khomeini sanctioning child marriage.

It is better for a girl to marry at such a time when she would begin menstruation at her husband’s house, rather than her father’s home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven.
Tahrir Al Wasilah by Ayatollah Khomeini

Here is Khomeini sanctioning sexual play with babies. Yet whenever we raise the issue of pedophilia in traditional Islam, we are met with cries of "blasphemy" and "Islamophobia".

A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However, he should not penetrate vaginally, but intercrural sex with the child is acceptable. If a man does penetrate and damage the child then, he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl will not count as one of his four permanent wives and the man will not be eligible to marry the girl’s sister.

Tahrir Al Wasilah by Ayatollah Khomeini
Re: Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary by usermane(m): 12:14pm On May 25, 2019
Khomeini's sexual obsession is very evident, despite an avid proponent of hijab. Contrary to expectations, hijab obsessed cultures breed this kind sexual perversion, as end result of years of sexual repression and frustration.

All these information are public and accessible through Google. Khomeini was no saint. But Albaqr demonise Mariah Carey who simply sings and dances with a bit of skin, but then exalts one of recent history's cruelest leader.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka / Prof. Tijjani El-miskin Among Nigerian Pilgrims That Died In Mecca Today(photo) / Is It Right To Have Foursome With Your Wives In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.