Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church (868 Views)

Abel Mwelwa: Zambian Priest Suspended After Married Lover Died In His House / 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking Jik In Church / Zambian Prophet Removing A Lady's Pant In Church In Front Of Congregation (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by sarrki(m): 11:59pm On May 18, 2019
At least 27 people have now been confirmed dead, 18 others in critical condition(presumably in Zambia) after drinking ‘Jik’ in church last Sunday in the name of casting out demons,The Zambian Observer reported, without giving important details about location, the name of the church and the pastor involved.

The publication went on to state that the affected congregants who include teachers and nurses were told by the prophet that Jik would wash away all demons that have been tormenting them in their lives.

https://zwnews.com/27-confirmed-dead-18-in-critical-condition-after-drinking-jik-in-church-see-pics/

1 Share

Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by sarrki(m): 12:02am On May 19, 2019
This is ow Africans are

Seriously who did this to us

1 Like

Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by Kingpee2(m): 3:58am On May 19, 2019
They deserve to die for being dumb and stupid ,sorry if that was harsh ,but how can yo drink such and be expecting deliverance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by Kayceo2010: 4:41am On May 19, 2019
Chai
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by Id97: 5:35am On May 19, 2019
When one practice religion gullibly without a healthy bit of skepticism,unfavourable occurrences like this is inevitable.
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by malvisguy212: 7:04am On May 19, 2019
there problem is BIBLE ILLITERACY
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by helinues: 7:28am On May 19, 2019
They should rest in pieces for not using their senses
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by RandomGuy48: 9:43am On May 19, 2019
Were they aware it was Jik before drinking or did they just think it was some special mixture the pastor created?
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by HappyPagan: 9:53am On May 19, 2019
Just like Nigerians drinking anointing oil to cure cancer and malaria.

I love my Mama cry but church has made her lose her mind.. If Adeboye do this one for redeemed, plenty people go die....

1 Like

Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by CAPSLOCKED: 10:26am On May 19, 2019
HappyPagan:
Just like Nigerians drinking anointing oil to cure cancer and malaria.

I love my Mama cry but church has made her lose her mind.. If Adeboye do this one for redeemed, plenty people go die....

I'VE LOST LOVE AND FRIENDSHIPS BECAUSE OF RELIGION. BECAUSE OF BORROW "BELIEFS" THAT SHOULDN'T EXIST OUTSIDE THE HEADS OF BELIEVERS.

RELIGION CAUSES MORE DAMAGE THAN GOOD. YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND IT UNTIL YOUR MAMA DISOWNS YOU FOR REFUSING TO DRINK THE HOLY JIK WITH HER.
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by MJBOLT: 10:33am On May 19, 2019
this is what you call drinking the "KOOL AID".Jim Jones did something similar and killed close to 1000 people,zombies will never learn

Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by CAPSLOCKED: 10:54am On May 19, 2019
MJBOLT:
this is what you call drinking the "KOOL AID".Jim Jones did something similar and killed close to 1000 people,zombies will never learn

"According to escaping Temple members, children were given the drink first by their own parents, families were told to lie down together......

GOT THAT PART FROM WIKI.
MORØNIC PEOPLE BECOME MØRONIC PARENTS, WHO GIVE BIRTH TO MORE MØRONIC PEOPLE THAT GROW INTO MØRONIC PARENTS.

I PITY THE ADULT MAN WHO TAKES EVERY WORD OF HIS PARENTS BECAUSE "PARENTS KNOW BETTER", AND "WHATEVER AN ELDER CAN SEE SITTING A CHILD CANNOT SEE EVEN IF HE CLIMBS UP A HILL".

THAT'S THE RUBBISH THE OLD CLOWNS CONTINUE TO USE IN KEEPING YOUNG PEOPLE UNDER THEIR CONTROL, AND MANY YOUNG PEOPLE ARE FAILING TO SEE THE FOOLERY IN SUCH IDEAS.

OVER 400 CHILDREN WERE EITHER KILLED OR HARMED BY THEIR OWN PARENTS IN THE JIM JONES MASS MURDER EXPERIMENT.... BECAUSE OF RELIGION.

THIS FURTHER PROVES THAT BELIEVING IN RELIGION AND OTHER THINGS BECAUSE YOU GOT IT FROM YOUR PARENTS DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. IF MORE PEOPLE LEARN TO QUESTION THINGS BEFORE ACCEPTING THEM THE MESS WE'RE FINDING AROUND THESE DAYS WILL BE MINIMIZED, I BELIEVE.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by MJBOLT: 11:40am On May 19, 2019
i remember when i was watching a documentary about jim jones,one of the survivors of the jim jones saga talked about how she was at his residence with a family(a woman and 3 kids) then they received a call from jones town asking them to kill themselves.the next thing that happened according to her is shocking,she said the woman took her 3 children to the bathroom and slit their throats then she killed herself

CAPSLOCKED:

"According to escaping Temple members, children were given the drink first by their own parents, families were told to lie down together......

GOT THAT PART FROM WIKI.
MORØNIC PEOPLE BECOME MØRONIC PARENTS, WHO GIVE BIRTH TO MORE MØRONIC PEOPLE THAT GROW INTO MØRONIC PARENTS.

I PITY THE ADULT MAN WHO TAKES EVERY WORD OF HIS PARENTS BECAUSE "PARENTS KNOW BETTER", AND "WHATEVER AN ELDER CAN SEE SITTING A CHILD CANNOT SEE EVEN IF HE CLIMBS UP A HILL".

THAT'S THE RUBBISH THE OLD CLOWNS CONTINUE TO USE IN KEEPING YOUNG PEOPLE UNDER THEIR CONTROL, AND MANY YOUNG PEOPLE ARE FAILING TO SEE THE FOOLERY IN SUCH IDEAS.

OVER 400 CHILDREN WERE EITHER KILLED OR HARMED BY THEIR OWN PARENTS IN THE JIM JONES MASS MURDER EXPERIMENT.... BECAUSE OF RELIGION.

THIS FURTHER PROVES THAT BELIEVING IN RELIGION AND OTHER THINGS BECAUSE YOU GOT IT FROM YOUR PARENTS DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. IF MORE PEOPLE LEARN TO QUESTION THINGS BEFORE ACCEPTING THEM THE MESS WE'RE FINDING AROUND THESE DAYS WILL BE MINIMIZED, I BELIEVE.
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by tillaman(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2019
I don’t know Why am so Pained I swear some humans are so dunce ehn, how can some one ask you to gulp jik all in the name of being a Pastor and you did, who does that??
These days ehn any one can come out and claim to be a pastor
Both the pastor and the members should be caged, the pastor should be caged for murder and the members should be caged for being a dunce,
I hope the dead finds rest and My thoughts are with the bereaved families and as for those struggling with their lives I wish them speedy recovery so they can join the rest of the church in the cage! Very anyhow human beings
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by OtemAtum: 12:57pm On May 19, 2019
RIP to the dead, but Jehovah has failed in his responsibilities again as usual. Why can't Yahweh save these people? He just watched them die for the 'disglorification' of his name.

Anyway, I have been warning people for almost three years now that Yahweh is currently in his spiritual cage where the gods of science has subjected him to, for the change of mentality of humanity.
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by sarrki(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2019
OtemAtum:
RIP to the dead, but Jehovah has failed in his responsibilities again as usual. Why can't Yahweh save these people? He just watched them die for the 'disglorification' of his name.

Anyway, I have been warning people for almost three years now that Yahweh is currently in his spiritual cage where the gods of science has subjected him to, for the change of mentality of humanity.

Everyman shall answer for his foolishness
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by OtemAtum: 2:40pm On May 19, 2019
sarrki:

Everyman shall answer for his foolishness
What if it was Yahweh that commanded them to drink the Jik as you guys claimed he told Abraham to kill his son Isaac? Why will they answer for the foolishness of Yahweh their god?
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by Trippledee(m): 2:56pm On May 19, 2019
Brainwashed sheeples
Re: 27 People Dead, 18 In Critical Condition After Drinking ‘jik’ In Zambian Church by Karleb(m): 10:50pm On May 19, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

GOT THAT PART FROM WIKI.

This comment is GOLD!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

It is wrong to ask for Money when preaching the gospel. - Pastor Benny Hinn / Are We All God's Children? / RCCG: Would Adeboye Ever Be a Rich Man If He Were Not a G.O Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.