Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You (44695 Views)

Why You Need An Artiste Manager In 2023: Written By Amechi Okoli / Is It Possible For An Artiste To Blow Without A Record Label In Nigeria / Are You An Artiste? Partake In The Danny S "Kiss" Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by YusufTheGreat: 1:37am On May 19, 2019
Nigerian music has come a long way home and abroad, what’s not to love giving the kind of growth the industry has witnessed in recent years.

At this point, it is safe to say Nigerian music is going international and this (going international ‘ish’) now raises the question of whether or not our music is mature enough for the big stage out of Africa.

The reason for the rise of this question stems from the kind of lyrics our music contains. It is safe to say that most Nigerian artists pay less or no attention to the lyrical content of their music; all they want to make is a club banger that would get them some shows and gigs.

This obvious reason is why a singer as talented as Asa is more of a hit outside the country than inside the country.

Make we leave talk for another day!

Guys, Name One Naija Artist Whose Lyrics Has Never Make Sense To You

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Sundaygeorge: 3:43am On May 19, 2019
I remember that Tonto dike song...only hearing the sound track...get me angry....

348 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Kingpee2(m): 3:45am On May 19, 2019
I detest those Agege songs with passion,too much of heavy noises in their songs and their lyrics re always so so raz with no good meaning ...

124 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by OKorowanta: 4:23am On May 19, 2019
I know say some go say na Terry G but I give the award to Vic O.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by MJBOLT: 4:53am On May 19, 2019
too many people,i cant pick one but 99% of nigerian musicians have wack lyrics

206 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by tohyorsih(f): 6:55am On May 19, 2019
Speed Darlington and Vic O cheesy

75 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by CAPSLOCKED: 8:13am On May 19, 2019
Sundaygeorge:
I remember that Tonto dike song...only hearing the sound track...get me angry....

LOL.. TONTO. TERRIBLE PERSON. TERRIBLE MUSIC.

IF THEY PLAY THAT GIRL'S MUSIC AT MY FUNERAL I'LL WAKE UP AND KILL EVERYBODY.

636 Likes 66 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by tillaman(m): 8:25am On May 19, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL.. TONTO. TERRIBLE PERSON. TERRIBLE MUSIC.

IF THEY PLAY THAT GIRL'S MUSIC AT MY FUNERAL I'LL WAKE UP AND KILL EVERYBODY.
grin grin so you don’t like Tonto’s song abi?? She broke record bro
She’s the only female artist to launch her career and end it the same day, she launched her career With the Track HIGH (HI) And she ended it with IT’S OVER
Respekt Tonto Bro grin

386 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by cassidy1996(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2019
yemi ala

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:32am On May 19, 2019
The only Nigerian than makes sense lyrically is sound sultan all others don't make sense. But who even listens to songs lyrics in Nigeria.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by YusufTheGreat: 10:31am On May 19, 2019
tohyorsih:
Speed Darlington and Vic O cheesy
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by YusufTheGreat: 10:32am On May 19, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
The only Nigeria than makes sense lyrically is sound sultan all other don't make sense. But who even listens to songs lyrics in Nigeria.
no body

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Jacqueline22(f): 10:34am On May 19, 2019
Speed Darlington akpi
50 inch’s or better
That guy is crazy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by skimmy005: 12:48pm On May 19, 2019
DAVIDO

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by dollytino4real(f): 1:07pm On May 19, 2019
u get me 'hi' by totoh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Makaveli217(m): 1:19pm On May 19, 2019
All nigeria artists are bullshit, with their trash ass songs.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by gtrader: 1:24pm On May 19, 2019
Yemi Alade... what is "You do me tumbom tumbom? Lol

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by emmancipated(m): 1:44pm On May 19, 2019
see Mary see Jesus
by Olamide
is just a confusing song

198 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by franklingud(m): 1:47pm On May 19, 2019
Truth is... Nigerians like listening to good rubbish. That's why artists like wizkid, kCee, Lil Kesh, Skiibii, tekno, small doctor, zlatan, naira marley, etc doesn't have lyrical content in all their songs.
At least Davido is trying but not even up to 70% when rated.
KCee is the worst.

Artists like Asa, Timi Dakolo, Simi, Adekunle gold, Korede bello, Duncan mighty are really making me proud.
Somebody please tell Peruzzi to go and take some music lessons, even back in the '80s.

Teni is really doing great, as you can see she won best new artist.

Rappers like M I are legendary lyricists.

Others go to the studio to smoke weed, shout to a good production and start their gibbering, ranting and release it for Nigerians that like listening to their nonsense.

And lastly let me make it clear that Falzthebadguy album EP "moral instructions" is EPIC.
Kudos to him.

Modified ; I added more artists to those who lack good lyrics to their songs.
My opinion though.
Nigerian artists should add some lyrics to their songs. And also their music should pass a message. 2baba has done his best in singing good songs.

Nowadays all they do is dance dance dance!!

First time since I joined this forum my comment is on the first page?
Wow!! Is there any award or reward for this?
Lol!!

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

331 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by SamgoldBaba: 2:11pm On May 19, 2019
franklingud:
Truth is... Nigerians like listening to good rubbish. That's why artists like wizkid, kCee, Skiibii, tekno etc doesn't have lyrical content in all their songs.
KCee is the worst.
Artists like Asa, Timi Dakolo, Simi, Adekunle gold, Korede bello, Duncan mighty are really making me proud.

Others go to the studio to smoke weed, shout to a good production and start their gibbering, ranting and release it for Nigerians that like listening to their nonsense.

And lastly let me make it clear that Falzthebadguy album EP "moral instructions" is EPIC.
Kudos to him.
You nail it bro! God bless you

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by kings59: 2:27pm On May 19, 2019
SamgoldBaba:

You nail it bro! God bless you

He didn't nail anything bro, he only nailed his own head.

Every country has their own lyric, if you go to America, they have their own, if you go to Ghana, their also have their style of music.

If you said those musicians are singing trash, what about fela

Let's be realistic, we have our own pattern and artist must follow our pattern. Must we follow or imitate foreign artist??

Be proud of your country.

In the business world, you must give your customers what they want.

Make some noise for the only musician who understood and gave us what we wanted.

Make sone noise(like) for 2face idibia, also don't forget Nigga raw, face, Harrison, tiwa,wizkid,simi,burna boy and davido.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Lilymax(f): 2:31pm On May 19, 2019
franklingud:
Truth is... Nigerians like listening to good rubbish. That's why artists like wizkid, kCee, Skiibii, tekno etc doesn't have lyrical content in all their songs.
KCee is the worst.

Kudos to him.
I'm sorry,I agree with your list, but did you say Korede Bello?
The one who sang "mungo park", abi is there another Korede Bello?

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by SamgoldBaba: 2:37pm On May 19, 2019
kings59:

He didn't nail anything bro, he only nailed his own head.

Every country has their own lyric, if you go to America, they have their own, if you go to Ghana, their also have their style of music.

If you said those musicians are singing trash, what about fela

Let's be realistic, we have our own pattern and artist must follow our pattern. Must we follow or imitate foreign artist??

Be proud of your country.

In the business world, you must give your customers what they want.

Make some noise for the only musician who understood and gave us what we wanted.

Make sone noise(like) for 2face idibia, also don't forget Nigga raw, face, Harrison, tiwa,wizkid,simi,burna boy and davido.
So Adekunle Gold imitates foreign artists??

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Westsida: 3:13pm On May 19, 2019
Well, to me I’d say none. All of them don once or twice made senses!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Ne0w1zarD: 3:13pm On May 19, 2019
Frog voice
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Kobicove(m): 3:13pm On May 19, 2019
Chop banana till you go yo grin

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by hisexcellency34: 3:13pm On May 19, 2019
You
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by devigblegble: 3:14pm On May 19, 2019
Almost 99% of 9ja artists especially the new ones

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by OzziOhinoyi(m): 3:15pm On May 19, 2019
shocked

That artiste that goes by the name Konga.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Westsida: 3:15pm On May 19, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
The only Nigeria than makes sense lyrically is sound sultan all other don't make sense. But who even listens to songs lyrics in Nigeria.

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 19, 2019
At least 80% of Nigerian artists sing jargon and gabagantis.

10 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Breezzy(m): 3:15pm On May 19, 2019
Olamide

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bullet Blasts Event Organizers For Playing Nigerian Music In Ghana (Video) . / Download Full Tracks: MI Abaga Album – Chairman / P-Square - Personally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.