Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} (15488 Views)

Experienced Computer Business Center Manager Needed In Lagos / Starting Up A VTU Business In Nigeria (tips) / A Computer Business Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Mybussinessmind: 1:13pm On May 19, 2019
With the existing fluctuations in our economy, there is a great need for any human who wishes to survive to source for any good working means of making legit money and not just total dependence on white collar jobs which may not even come.

Starting a computer business center is another viable option to break into the world of entrepreneurship and make good money in the process.

Many potential entrepreneurs have submitted requests on this blog to have a computer center business plan written out and made available for public consumption.

Computer business centre in Nigeria is open to offer several services such photocopying, typing and printing project work, letters, correspondence, memoir, spiral binding and laminating of paper materials, scanning of documents, instant passport photographing, typesetting, installation of systems, computer training, internet services (for computer business centre with cybercafé ).

Other services that can go alongside a computer business centre includes sales and repair of computers, sales of examination scratch cards like WAEC, NECO, JAMB, sales of recharge cards, computer training services, sales of computer accessories, etc.

A computer Business Center is literally a money making venture here in Nigeria. Its lucrativeness can’t be over-emphasised and can fetch thousands of Naira just within few weeks of establishing the business.

The demand for computer services is high especially in tertiary institutions. If you check the school environments, you will notice small canopies with laptops and printers in them, positioned at different places around the school premises. All they do is check results for students; help them pay school fees online, type and print assignments, projects’, register courses and other school needs involving the use of computers and that’s how they make money in the business.

You can actually go into this kind of business but not like those done in schools. The computer service shop you are going to pull out will be different from those seen in schools premises, you need to give your business a brand, make adverts if possible and provide quality services which would make your customers to recommend their friends to your business center.
You can start this business and be established. You don’t need to be a computer geek nor the world fastest typist.

HOW TO ESTABLISH A COMPUTER BUSINESS CENTER IN NIGERIA.

How do you go about establishing a computer business center in Nigeria? The template is very simple, we have compiled some practical tips to follow. Here are they:

1. ACQUIRE ALL NECESSARY COMPUTER SKILLS, TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION.

If you don’t have any computer skill yet, don’t worry. With computer schools cluttered everywhere in every street, you’ll get the skills you required.
It is not a bad idea to attend a computer training class where you will acquire both basic and professional skills that will enable you to run your business successfully.
Depending on how fast you learn, you might be able to learn the required packages within 6 months or a year. Try as much as possible to be a professional in Microsoft Word, Microsoft excel and CorelDraw.

2. FIND A SUITABLE LOCATION FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
There’s a high chance that the appropriate and suitable location for a business center should be close to offices, school environment or university campuses, hospitals, banks, Electricity Company, shopping complex etc. Post office or local government headquarters is usually a normal domain for any computer business. This will guarantee a lot of turnover for you.
It doesn’t matter if someone is already doing the same business there, what matters is that you’ll always make your sale and go home happy.

3. REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS NAME

Consider starting your computer business centre as a registered company rather than as unregistered company. Choose a business name for your computer business centre and then register it. The reason why many businesses never go too far is because they fail to register their business name. I will suggest you register your business. For those of you in Nigeria who wish to register their company can register it now on CAC online business registration portal.

4. PURCHASE THE BASIC EQUIPMENT YOU NEED TO START THIS BUSINESS

Getting a good location to setup your business center is one thing, having the necessary equipment to provide optimal service is another. After you have secured a good place to start up, the next important step is getting the equipment and materials necessary to give your customers optimal service. Some of these include:

1. A LAPTOP OR DESKPTOP COMPUTER.

Your business center is incomplete if you do not own a computer system. I always recommend laptop because of how easy it’s to manage compare to a desktop.

The major advantage of laptop over a desktop is that it saves power. Due to how unstable power supply is in Nigeria, the battery of your laptop can serve you for few hours of fuel spent on powering desktop computer.
You need desktop computers and Laptop. At a start, you begin with five desktops and one laptop.

2. PHOTOCOPYING MACHINE

You need at least one or two photocopying machine. There are those who are willing to sell their fairly used photocopying machine at a good price but I strongly advised you buy new ones. Most business persons usually prefer going for the fairly used because of how cheap it is. However, if you don’t like entertaining frustration, then go for the new machine. The reasons being that;

1. New photocopying machine last longer than fairly used ones.
2. It will save you the stress of calling a technician always to repair broken machine.
3. Fairly used photocopy machine can be troublesome.
4. The new one makes the photocopied works come out sharp and fast.
5. There is manufacturer guarantee on the new machine, an added advantage.
3. PRINTER.

This is another equipment you won’t be able to do without in this business. It’s advisable you have about two different models in case of failure to print. It is also advisable you get a coloured printer too because your customers may need to print their work in coloured format. So, you will need a black and white printer and a colour printers to print material from both internet and typed work for your clients. The price depends on its features and quality.
4. GET DIFFERENT PAPER SIZE

You need different paper size such A4 paper, A5, Letter, portrait size, Envelop, Cabinet etc. This can either be bought as a rim or as a carton of five rims. Depending on the amount you have.
5. STAPLERS AND PINS

There is giant paper stapler and also regular sized stapling machine too. It is advisable that you get both as you will be having customers doing high and low volumes of work.
The other consumables you will need are spiral binding materials.

6. A STANDBY GENERATOR.

A very serious business person won't joke with this.
You know the situation of power supply in Nigeria these days, except if things changes tomorrow. If not, you will need a standby power generating set for your business. It is expected that you acquire a generator that can carry all your equipment and machines conveniently to avoid disappointing your customers. Not having this is like giving your competitors an edge.

7. INTERNET CONNECTION

Remember, you’re not running a cyber cafe. The internet connection is mainly for conveniences. There will be customers who will need to log into their Inbox and print. You’ll have to save them the stress by having this. This won’t cost you much.
8. CHAIRS

At least for a start, you will need 5-6 plastic chairs, one for the front desk, one for you and the rest for any visitor who wishes to grab a seat for him or herself.

9. TABLE

A good potable table is required with locker attached to it for storing safe items and maybe keep items out of the reach of customer’s sight.

10. WASTE BASKET

As the name implies, it is used for storing waste items and must be disposed off daily.

11. MULTIPLE EXTENSION SOCKET

This is needed for plugging your computers, printers, photocopying machines and other electronic gadgets.

OTHER NECESSARY EQUIPMENTS INCLUDES;

Laminating machine.
>Paper cutter.
>Scanner.
>Spiral binding machine.
>Flash drive & Card reader.
>Instant Passport Sized Photo.
> Other accessories like stabilizers, and softwares for carrying out specific

Renting a shop should be the last project in order to avoid the rent already counting when you are yet to start.

5. GET HELPING HANDS

Computer business center is service oriented business which only one person can’t handle alone. So, you will definitely need helping hands especially if your business centre is located in a busy province. Remember, you don’t want to keep them waiting for more than its necessary.
Moreover, it is important that you train your employees so that they can provide the type of service you want and preserve brand image.

GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICES FOR YOUR BUSINESS CENTRE

As we all know, profit is the soul of every business. Nonetheless, an entrepreneur should also endeavour to deal rightly with everyone. Some good business practices that will further advance your venture include:

1.Be confident.
The key to pulling off a business strategy is confidence. You need to believe in yourself and your business to make your clients confide in it.

2. Be polite to your customers. Always greet and receive them properly.

3. Be punctual and adhere to the Delivery Schedule. If the job of a customer is not ready by scheduled time, inform her/him in advance and apologise.

4. Be honest in dealings. Charge reasonably and honestly from the customers. You can create your price list by checking out what other computer business centre collect for a particular service they render to their customers. As a new beginner in the business, the price for a particular service you offer may be a bit lower than what others collect for the same service to help you build a good customer base.

5. Pay your dues and taxes in time.

6. Pay reasonably to your staff. Payment to them should commensurate with their qualification, experience and the output they produce.

Apart from maintaining a healthy connection with your clients and focusing on customer satisfaction, it is also important for you to take care of your employees and make sure they are happy working for you.
Stay grounded and be a mentor and a friend to them rather than being a boss. Be approachable and let them know that you are always available whether they need help in making a presentation or just a friendly chat.

A FULL DETAILED COST FOR STARTING A COMPUTER BUSINESS CENTRE.

Cc: lalasticlala 
Mynd44

Source: https://www.billionairezmindset.com.ng/2019/05/how-to-start-computer-business-center.html

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Mybussinessmind: 1:22pm On May 19, 2019
Read More:

FULL DETAILED COST OF STARTING A COMPUTER BUSINESS CENTER

https://www.billionairezmindset.com.ng/2019/05/how-to-start-computer-business-center.html
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by sulaimon22: 8:02pm On May 19, 2019
Nice One
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by leonard002(m): 10:48pm On May 19, 2019
Uncle, you finish work for here

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by IWealthCreator: 3:31am On May 20, 2019
what is the minimum price you can charge for photocopying to break even?
Which are the most rugged copier for business centre owners?
Thanks
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by joeyreports: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2019
To get the full Computer Training School Business Plan in Nigeria PDF Feasibility Study...

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Buyerscity(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
Earn ₦ 500 and get a fast, affordable loan with Branch! Get the Branch app: https://branch.co/download/fadare935. Be sure to enter my promo code fadare935 to get ₦ 500 in credit after repaying your first loan.
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by tomgold4u: 11:39am On Jan 29, 2020
Thank you very much @mybusinessmind. Your information helps alot, I'm planning of setting up a business centre/practical computer training soon. Thank you.
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Iceberg3: 9:38am On May 04, 2020
Cool stuff
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Samiyoung2020: 12:59am On Jul 07, 2020
Wow. this information has been very valuable. who else have been able to start the biz center biz? I am in Lagos and wish to start by November.
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by letitrainnow(m): 2:09am On Jul 07, 2020
This is a great information. I'll key into it.
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Alberttahir: 7:29am On Jul 07, 2020
Nice and educative
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by SimeonOTC(m): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2020
i have bn looking for this info for months... thanks alot..
o.p please reply me if you see this comment, we need to talk please..
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by haon: 7:09am On Sep 16, 2020
Guys, if you want to start computer business center the right way, listen to what this computer business center owner have to say. I hope this help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKtmFFvWEM4
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Corroro: 7:26pm On Sep 16, 2020
SMEs like these are the backbone of our economy, if you're business owner it will do good to know that you can access your finances at work, at home or on the go with FCMB business account. Open an account now at https://on.fcmb.com/online-account-business3 and enjoy seamless online and mobile transactions.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2020
And I just started mine this week...

I'm having a very tough time tho cos I emptied my account to watch this happen.

Hopefully, I'd bounce back.
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by SimeonOTC(m): 8:24am On Sep 17, 2020
ayobamiJR:
And I just started mine this week...

I'm having a very tough time tho cos I emptied my account to watch this happen.

Hopefully, I'd bounce back.

bro please tell how you started, how did you plan it and please the challenges you are facing..please..

and what do you mean by "i emptied my account to watch this happen"?
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2020
SimeonOTC:

bro please tell how you started, how did you plan it and please the challenges you are facing..please..

and what do you mean by "i emptied my account to watch this happen"?

Well, I was sacked where I used to work S a graphics designer but I thought that I would get my space and be independent. O raised enough to rent a shop at Ajah, Lagos and I tell you, the place I rented the shop is so busy that about 10 people walk past my shop every second but I'm not being Patronized but I know the secret to breaking free from this menace is in my hands, I just have to double my promotion. I will never give up.

I'm just 23 years old and I know what lies In store for me is bigger than all these challenges....as I'm talking to you, I'm broke because I bought table and all to make sure this office is of high class and unfortunately no jobs yet but it's a lesson for me....I have learnt now to not be broke when I have a new business, it's dangerous, it could collapse the business...I'm going to make sure I have reserves whatever I do

2 Likes

Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by SimeonOTC(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2020
ayobamiJR:

Well, I was sacked where I used to work S a graphics designer but I thought that I would get my space and be independent. O raised enough to rent a shop at Ajah, Lagos and I tell you, the place I rented the shop is so busy that about 10 people walk past my shop every second but I'm not being Patronized but I know the secret to breaking free from this menace is in my hands, I just have to double my promotion. I will never give up.

I'm just 23 years old and I know what lies In store for me is bigger than all these challenges....as I'm talking to you, I'm broke because I bought table and all to make sure this office is of high class and unfortunately no jobs yet but it's a lesson for me....I have learnt now to not be broke when I have a new business, it's dangerous, it could collapse the business...I'm going to make sure I have reserves whatever I do

okay bro..thanks for this..

though i learnt that from my mentor.. he said, after starting a new business, you aren't done with the spending, you still need some money 'kept aside' that shouldn't be touched, and that its to keep the business running for at least 3-5months..

at least, you've learnt that now..

as for not patronizing you, its normal for a new business, as far as the business is in a busy and a 'commercial' environment..be patient as people need to get to know you and trust your service..design a digital logo, banner and flyer and use them online for advert as well as offline via flex printing..

look for money from friends and family to keep the business running and dnt use your profit for person stuff or to satisfy your want or need..stay hungry, starve you needing desire, if na one jean and one shirt you get, do wash and wear till business kick up.

stay put bro, all is going to be alright..i will be opening mine by God grace after my service.

3 Likes

Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2020
SimeonOTC:

okay bro..thanks for this..

though i learnt that from my mentor.. he said, after starting a new business, you aren't done with the spending, you still need some money 'kept aside' that shouldn't be touched, and that its to keep the business running for at least 3-5months..

at least, you've learnt that now..

as for not patronizing you, its normal for a new business, as far as the business is in a busy and a 'commercial' environment..be patient as people need to get to know you and trust your service..design a digital logo, banner and flyer and use them online for advert as well as offline via flex printing..

look for money from friends and family to keep the business running and dnt use your profit for person stuff or to satisfy your want or need..stay hungry, starve you needing desire, if na one jean and one shirt you get, do wash and wear till business kick up.

stay put bro, all is going to be alright..i will be opening mine by God grace after my service.

Nice one... Thanks bro
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Ceekaycee: 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
You explicitly spelt out here..
Wehdone sire
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by SimeonOTC(m): 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2021
ayobamiJR:

Nice one... Thanks bro
bro waxup nahh..
long time..
how far about your business nah?
how is it going?

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 03, 2021
SimeonOTC:

bro waxup nahh..

long time..

how far about your business nah?

how is it going?

Long time Boss! Thanks for checking up, I can assure you that I'm never the same sober person as I was in my last comment, I have sacrificed and put a lot of work into my business and now I'm enjoying benefits, I face hard days but a lot had changed
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by SimeonOTC(m): 1:21am On Feb 04, 2021
ayobamiJR:

Long time Boss! Thanks for checking up, I can assure you that I'm never the same sober person as I was in my last comment, I have sacrificed and put a lot of work into my business and now I'm enjoying benefits, I face hard days but a lot had changed

wow...thank God..am happy for you..

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2021
SimeonOTC:

Thanks a lot boss

wow...thank God..am happy for you..
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by SimeonOTC(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2021
ayobamiJR:

goodday bro..how work and life?

please am about to kick start mine, with you vast experience, what advise do you have for me?
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
SimeonOTC:

goodday bro..how work and life?

please am about to kick start mine, with you vast experience, what advise do you have for me?

There's a lot but we can talk on WhatsApp for clarity, 07035781409
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by SimeonOTC(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
ayobamiJR:

There's a lot but we can talk on WhatsApp for clarity, 07035781409
okayy bro
Re: How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} by SocialJustice: 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
ayobamiJR:

Hello, how is this business now?

(1) (Reply)

Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens / Traders Turn To Barter Trading In Benue Over Naira Scarcity / Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.