Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) (27152 Views)

Police Arrest Lagos ‘Big Boy’ Who Buys Expensive Items With Fake Alerts (Video) / Female Teacher In Court For Having Sex With 17-Year-Old Student (Photos) / Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by MediaLife: 12:42am On May 20, 2019
A school gardener, Femi Aderonmu, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly beating a Senior Secondary School 3 pupil of the Jubril Martins Memorial Grammar School, Iponri, Rafiu Adagun, to death.

It was gathered that Rafiu was heading home after writing his West African Senior School Certificate Examination on Wednesday when he was accosted by the gardener along the Oke-Olu Road in the Iponri area of the state.

It was learnt that Aderonmu engaged the deceased in a fight, which led to the latter being unconscious. He was later rushed to hospital where he was confirmed dead.

In a post on Instagram, Rafiu’s sister, identified simply as Adebusola, accused the school of covering up the incident.

She added that the family got to know of exactly what happened through some pupils, who were eyewitnesses.

However, in a statement on Sunday, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, confirmed the arrest of Aderonmu, adding that he would soon be charged to court after investigation.

Elkana stated,
“On April 16, 2019, around 2.40pm, the Iponri Police Station received a complaint from the Jubril Martins Memorial Grammar School, Iponri, that on April 15, 2019, around 4.40pm, one Femi Aderonmu, a gardener with the said school, engaged one Rafiu Adagun, an SSS3 pupil, in a fight along Oke-Olu Road, Iponri.

“In the process, the pupil fell down and became unconscious and was rushed to the Smith Medical Hospital, where he later died. Eyewitness accounts showed that the deceased was returning home with his friends after writing the WASSCE and the suspect blocked him on the way and pulled him down on the accusation that the deceased had insulted him earlier.

“Homicide detectives from the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, visited the crime scene and the corpse of the deceased was deposited in the mortuary for autopsy. The suspect has been arrested and will be charged to court for murder.”

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/05/police-arrest-school-gardener-over.html

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by MediaLife: 1:01am On May 20, 2019
embarassed embarassed
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by chan9ja: 1:23am On May 20, 2019
Pathetic...

3 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by GistmoreNG: 3:09am On May 20, 2019
cool
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by iCauseTrouble: 10:23am On May 20, 2019
How come nobody is asking about what caused the fight?

9 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by kaen1317: 10:23am On May 20, 2019
I swear the country have spoil finish.

1 Like

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by xilixr: 10:23am On May 20, 2019
ok
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by IamPatriotic(m): 10:23am On May 20, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by WenysAD(f): 10:23am On May 20, 2019
Terrible
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by fran6co(m): 10:23am On May 20, 2019
cry mehn watin go make grown up man like that go fight small pikin, dehm i just tire for this kind matter.

1 Like

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by Deathisfree: 10:23am On May 20, 2019
Chai. Frustration and depression every where
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by Lotel: 10:24am On May 20, 2019
There's something missing here
What caused the fight
Who and who saw the fight

2 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by Proffdada: 10:24am On May 20, 2019
cry
It's not everyone you need to fight
Some people just need forgiveness
Now the village people have succeeded with their CCTV

8 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by johnmirabel: 10:24am On May 20, 2019
My God! He's heartless...
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by chrisxxx(m): 10:24am On May 20, 2019
The rate of bitterness in the country is unquantifiable. A driver was shouting at me this morning for no justcause that would require no provocation as such.
I simple got to him and started to plead with him not to vent his anger on me as I am not Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:25am On May 20, 2019
undecided
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by Wahleehk10: 10:25am On May 20, 2019
A lesson to we adults. These teenagers are usually very rude and disrespectful at this stage of their life. We all went through that stage.

Now in a bid to teach them some very brain changing lessons, some of us tend to cross boundaries. I suspect that that kid behaved unruly towards the gardener which prompted him to decide to show him who is older.

He obviously didn't plan to kill him but who cares now? He'll definitely pay the price for it.

Lessons to the rest of us... Before u unleash ur anger on someone, ask yourself whether that person is fit enough to survive the lessons u wanna teach em. No be every body wen the waka for road deh alive o.some are walking corpse. One touch gbam they drop dead and u find ur self behind bars or even sentenced to death. sad

14 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by superlanny(m): 10:26am On May 20, 2019
The heart of men is truly evil, the devil will be really astonished at the way some of his followers in Nigeria are outshining him.
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by Codes151(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2019
Is that useless question enough to kill the boy?
iCauseTrouble:

5 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by Bustincole(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2019
U have bring pains to d family of d deceased ... now Judgement will do its job on u
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:29am On May 20, 2019
May he rest in peace, all these ss3 boys wanting to unleash their strength on elder had forgotten the elder gone through that stages too. Its happens here a lot, even an SS2 student was telling me he would beat me one time and I won't see draw, I told him that will be his last day on earth. I said I didn't sleep home for 3 years at my own time, feeding from hustling on street and one yeye boy that fetches water everyday and sit on mama food Dearing,.. I only has his mother to pity , not him

1 Like

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by OzziOhinoyi(m): 10:30am On May 20, 2019
cool
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by Anonymous4: 10:33am On May 20, 2019
Rafiu case on NL.. it's very painful. my condolences to the Adagun Family
Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by naptu2: 10:34am On May 20, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Lotel:
What caused the fight

MediaLife:
Eyewitness accounts showed that the deceased was returning home with his friends after writing the WASSCE and the suspect blocked him on the way and pulled him down on the accusation that the deceased had insulted him earlier.

5 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by donbenie(m): 10:35am On May 20, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
What caused the fight is written there,

The Gardener alleged the boy insulted him earlier..

4 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by donbenie(m): 10:36am On May 20, 2019
Lotel:
What caused the fight
Read well,

The Gardener alleged the boy insulted him earlier..

And the boy's friends narrated what happened..

2 Likes

Re: Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) by Popmaster2019(f): 10:36am On May 20, 2019
Wicked people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Jailed For 20 Years In Indonesia / Kidnapped Student Of Adeyemi College Of Education Escapes After 11 Days / Eiye Confraternity Members Arrested In Mushin Area Of Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.