Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery (2484 Views)

PRICE LIST ON CARS/BUSES/VANS/TRUCKS AT LOME PORT, TOGO (+22891222400) / TRUCKS HEADS,DUMP TRUCKS AND SPARE PARTS ARE IN STOCK. / Brand New Ashok Leyland Buses, Trucks And Trailers For Sale: 08187022943 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery by Globaltrux: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2010
Hello to all In Nigeria
You may not know it but i'm sure that there are many old vehicles and machines remaining in Nigeria dating back to the old colonial days and earlier.
most will not be aware that there is a lucrative market in the Northern hemisphere for such vehicles and equipment, for example a vintage Steam Roller recently got sold on auction for over £150,000 ( circa NGN 37,500,000 ), i am sure that someone somewhere is aware of the whereabouts of old, vintage cars, trucks and road equipment, if so contact me for a fair market valuation, don't let someone from Europe offer you a fraction of it's true value.
So please get looking in those old sheds and barns that have been abandoned for years, you never know you might just turn up a treasure.

I know that there are vehicles there, for instance on my last trips to Lagos i saw myself an old jaguar car from the 1960'6 , i also saw a Mercedes-Benz 600 pullman, (Ex one of your generals / state presidents), it was lying in a workshop in Appapa for years untouched, that itself is a valuable car and there are probably many like it around the various states.

Find them and i am confident that we can arrange European collectors to buy them at market related prices.
Please do not make the mistake of thinking that every vehicle will be worth a fortune, i am sorry to say, it does not work that way. The value will depend on many factors, such as,

Make
Model
History
Estimated cost of restoration.

Righthand drive and lefthand drive vehicles are both acceptable

Even vintage tractors have a value.

Please let me know what you have and if possible send me some pictures of the item.

You can contact me through Niaraland r on my alternative email

Cheshireccc@btinternet.com

Cheshire Classic Cars & Commercials.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best Regards

iain McKee
Re: Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery by chatterly: 9:33am On Jan 08, 2012
Hi There,
Was just going through nairaland and i came across your post,my grandad has a rolls royce phantom circa
1959,he was the former ooni of ife(a town in nigeria)and an MBE.The car is sitting in a barn in ife,not been driven in the last 30 years.Its a big family and i cant claim to have a right to dispose of it but i am sure the family would be willing to sell if given a right price.You can make enquiries at rolls royce to validate the authencity of this and the model of the car.Rumour has it that it was built to order.cheers
Re: Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 08, 2012
chatterly:

Hi There,
Was just going through nairaland and i came across your post,my grandad has a rolls royce phantom circa
1959,he was the former ooni of ife(a town in nigeria)and an MBE.The car is sitting in a barn in ife,not been driven in the last 30 years.Its a big family and i cant claim to have a right to dispose of it but i am sure the family would be willing to sell if given a right price.You can make enquiries at rolls royce to validate the authencity of this and the model of the car.Rumour has it that it was built to order.cheers
by the time u have sold all he left behind, i wonder what his great grand children would use to have a taste of his personality and style lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery by chatterly: 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
Hi There,
Re: Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery by chatterly: 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2012
aguiyi:

by the time u have sold all he left behind, i wonder what his great grand children would use to have a taste of his personality,taste and style lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Was expecting a post like this.Please read the initial post before making ignorant comments.I have no need for the great mans money,i just made a comment that the car has been idle for 30 years and will probably never be used again and the fact that i dont have any right to dispose of it.
Re: Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
op said he is looking for the ones to buy not discuss/document about. if you truly dont want to sell it then,carry ur pepper soup joint gist comot from another man thread. akuta angry
Re: Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery by chatterly: 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
Clapfor yourself.TYpical Nigerian tongue
Re: Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 09, 2012
abeg carry ur own go jor tongue tongue grin
Re: Looking For Vintage Cars, Vans, Trucks And Machinery by kaydee(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
Who has a vintage car for hire?

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2002 1.6 M 9pre Order) / Tokumbo 2004 Honda Accord Ex For Quick Sale N1.7m / Clean 2006 Porsch Cayenne For Sale For 7.3mil(negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.