Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 (2359 Views)

Volvo S40/V40 Or Nissan Tiida? Which Of The Two Is A Good Choice For Bolt/uber / Accord 07 (DC) Repairs / Honda Accord 07 Vs Honda Civic 07 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by lordkenny(m): 1:03pm On May 21, 2019
Honda Accord 07 (DC) OR NISSAN ALTIMA 06.

Car gurus in the house, kindly advise me the better option between the two cars. I have negotiated the price to be at par. But I don't know which one to go for as I have not drive either of the two car models and brands before.
Please help a novice.
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by timifakay(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2019
lordkenny:

Car gurus in the house, kindly advise me the better option between the two cars. I have negotiated the price to be at par. But I don't know which one to go for as I have not drive either of the two car models and brands before.
Please help a novice.

Honda accord please.
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by Mayor555(m): 1:25pm On May 21, 2019
Honda Accord sir

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by ITbomb(m): 1:32pm On May 21, 2019
Seems you really love the Nissan but every other person including the mechanic are screaming Honda

But then,
https://www.nairaland.com/5006268/why-nissan-cars-overlooked
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by 2eggs1goal: 4:27pm On May 21, 2019
Honda over Nissan any day any time

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by sacx: 5:02pm On May 21, 2019
Make sure you get a qualified mechanic to check that car before putting money into it.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2019
lordkenny:

Please help a novice.

Toks or Nigerian used?
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by Fogman(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2019
Please run away from Nissan Altima. Car you will use for 1week and 3 other weeks it will be with mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by samintegrity(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2019
Fogman:
Please run away from Nissan Altima. Car you will use for 1week and 3 other weeks it will be with mechanic.

Says who??

Most of those bad mouthing Nissan Altima actually doesn't use it or never used one.

I have used 2 Nissan Altima in total and presently it is my current car and I car say that the car is good.

Pls don't mind all this comment, come to some part of this country like Ondo State. 90% of carb drivers used a Nissan car.

Yet Mechanic rush to bad mouth it.

I still don't understand. If the car was that bad tell me why more than 90% taxi driver in a state will keep getting Nissan.

3 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by lordkenny(m): 7:20pm On May 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Toks or Nigerian used?
Nigerian used
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by lordkenny(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2019
timifakay:

Honda accord please.
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by Fogman(m): 7:30pm On May 21, 2019
samintegrity:

Says who??

Most of those bad mouthing Nissan Altima actually doesn't use it or never used one.

I have used 2 Nissan Altima in total and presently it is my current car and I car say that the car is good.

Pls don't mind all this comment, come to some part of this country like Ondo State. 90% of carb drivers used a Nissan car.

I still don't understand. If the car was that bad tell me why more than 90% taxi driver in a state will keep getting Nissan.

I knew 2 neighbours that used it and after so much wahala they sold off. In fact 1 of them replaced the engine and the 2nd just abandoned it in a mechanic shop with for sale tag on it and got himself another car last month
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by woodrow(m): 7:51pm On May 21, 2019
Fogman:

I knew 2 neighbours that used it and after so much wahala they sold off. In fact 1 of them replaced the engine and the 2nd just abandoned it in a mechanic shop with for sale tag on it and got himself another car last month

Why would you blame Nissan for the bad maintenance culture of your neighbors?

Except you can give detailed maintenance history of your neighbors,pls don't come here with hearsays.
Since 1990,there has always been a Nissan in our personal house.from pathfinder maxima,Altima and now another pathfinder, there has been no regrets.

I can't say anything about the Honda accord as I haven't personally owned one,but I would restrain myself from telling the op what some of my neighbors who own the accord have told me about it.
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by samintegrity(m): 4:10am On May 22, 2019
woodrow:

Except you can give detailed maintenance history of your neighbors,pls don't come here with hearsays.
Since 1990,there has always been a Nissan in our personal house.from pathfinder maxima,Altima and now another pathfinder, there has been no regrets.

I can't say anything about the Honda accord as I haven't personally owned one,but I would restrain myself from telling the op what some of my neighbors who own the accord have told me about it.

God bless you sir. Some pple literally forget they need to check engine oil over a certain period but no as long as the car moves they are good.

The day it stopped then the car is bad. That small sound from your engine needs urgent attention nothing is small nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by Readonee35L(m): 4:26am On May 22, 2019
The altima is a Special car.

Most times you see this Camshaft and Crankshaft sensors. Can make a good nissan look like a nightmare.
Those sensors are the cause of %80 of modern nissan problems.
Misfire
Late starting
Tripping of in motion
Bad fuel eco
E.t.c

Asides this i don't think the nissan is that bad.
If you can get geniune sensors you'd be alright

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by fabienjoe: 8:09am On May 22, 2019
samintegrity:

God bless you sir. Some pple literally forget they need to check engine oil over a certain period but no as long as the car moves they are good.

The day it stopped then the car is bad. That small sound from your engine needs urgent attention nothing is small nothing.

I just don't understand people's reasoning sometimes - they always go on about poor maintenance when the issue of poor reliability of some brands comes up..If Honda and Toyota can function properly despite the abuse and kazeems in Nigeria but Nissan needs special care to function, does that not say it all? Even users in Europe and US where maintenance is better have documented issues with these brands of cars. Most cars Nigerians see as problematic are equally viewed as such abroad...I don't really know what the debate is all about.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by CocoaOla: 9:30am On May 22, 2019
Why compare seniors with juniors
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by Nobody: 9:48am On May 22, 2019
samintegrity:

Nissan Micra, Sunny and Primera. Definietley not Altima. No person in his right senses would use an Altima for cab except maybe Uber or Taxify.
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by Nobody: 9:53am On May 22, 2019
woodrow:

Some people get too defensive over nothing. Nobody is saying the Altima is a bad car, but compared to the DC the Honda is better in terms of reliability and ease of mantenance. Does that mean we are bad mouthing Nissan Altima? Op wants advice and in this case the better car he can choose is the Honda, unless if he is someone that has very good knowledge about cars then no problem going for the Altima. If a car needs special care to function well then automatically it is less reliable than the one that doesn't need any special care. TRUTH

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by garfield1: 10:03am On May 22, 2019
greenhulk:

Nissan Micra, Sunny and Primera. Definietley not Altima. No person in his right senses would use an Altima for cab except maybe Uber or Taxify.
Help me sir,my son is dying at the hospital.he needz to be opersted for appendix

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by woodrow(m): 12:26pm On May 22, 2019
greenhulk:

Some people get too defensive over nothing. Nobody is saying the Altima is a bad car, but compared to the DC the Honda is better in terms of reliability and ease of mantenance. Does that mean we are bad mouthing Nissan Altima? Op wants advice and in this case the better car he can choose is the Honda, unless if he is someone that has very good knowledge about cars then no problem going for the Altima. If a car needs special care to function well then automatically it is less reliable than the one that doesn't need any special care. TRUTH

Special kwa..is it a rolls Royce or a Lamborghini??
Kindly define "special care to function" and while you are at it,let's know if you have owned or personally used one or you are giving advice based on what you heard from your neighbors and forums.

The Nissan Altima is a normal everyday sedan.camshaft and crankshaft sensors diagnosis and replacement is not rocket science.your "truth" might be true bit it is not always the truth.
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by lordkenny(m): 4:02pm On May 22, 2019
greenhulk:

You just hit the nail on the head.
Re: Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 by samintegrity(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2019
greenhulk:

Very accurate.

(1) (Reply)

Never Buy Fuel When The Delivery Tanker Is Still In The Station / Take A Look At This Diamond Mercedes Benz (Photo) / Oil Sludge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.