Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Can I Buy A Car That Has Been Previously Used In Cotonou In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Buy A Car That Has Been Previously Used In Cotonou In Nigeria (1181 Views)

Mercedes-Benz C300 Used In Selling Local Herbs In Kaduna (Photos, Video) / Zimbabwe Man Beats Tesla, Invents Electric Car That Does Not Require Charging / Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Buy A Car That Has Been Previously Used In Cotonou In Nigeria by minijasper03(m): 4:25pm On May 21, 2019
Please house, I've been wondering if it's possi
ble to buy a car that has been previously used in Cotonou in Nigeria, without having any problems with law enforcement agencies
secondly, what are the steps to be taken in getting such cars over to Nigeria. thanks
Re: Can I Buy A Car That Has Been Previously Used In Cotonou In Nigeria by sacx: 5:05pm On May 21, 2019
Land borders are presently closed in Nigeria. If you tow the line of Cotonou, you will definitely have troubles with law enforcement agencies.

1 Like

Re: Can I Buy A Car That Has Been Previously Used In Cotonou In Nigeria by minijasper03(m): 10:44pm On May 21, 2019
but if I can find my way around, is it possible to buy used Cotonou cars,cos their used cars are way better than ours
Re: Can I Buy A Car That Has Been Previously Used In Cotonou In Nigeria by sacx: 11:04pm On May 21, 2019
minijasper03:
but if I can find my way around, is it possible to buy used Cotonou cars,cos their used cars are way better than ours

Of course, if you can find your way around. But for your peace and sanity, I wouldn't recommend it. And you can find good used cars in Nigeria too, if you observe diligence in searching them out.

1 Like

Re: Can I Buy A Car That Has Been Previously Used In Cotonou In Nigeria by nurey(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2019
minijasper03:
Please house, I've been wondering if it's possi
ble to buy a car that has been previously used in Cotonou in Nigeria, without having any problems with law enforcement agencies
secondly, what are the steps to be taken in getting such cars over to Nigeria. thanks

Yes you can but since the car would be staying in Nigeria for a long time you will have to get customs document for it from the Nigerian customs. Though I see Ghana and Benin republic plate number in Lagos I am guessing there is a pass those vehicles have since the are used as inter country transportation which they can show to our law enforcement to avoid been impounded. Also the drivers may be using an international driver's license
Re: Can I Buy A Car That Has Been Previously Used In Cotonou In Nigeria by minijasper03(m): 11:58am On May 23, 2019
nurey:

Yes you can but since the car would be staying in Nigeria for a long time you will have to get customs document for it from the Nigerian customs. Though I see Ghana and Benin republic plate number in Lagos I am guessing there is a pass those vehicles have since the are used as inter country transportation which they can show to our law enforcement to avoid been impounded. Also the drivers may be using an international driver's license

but there are many vehicles in Nigeria with no/fake customs documents
Re: Can I Buy A Car That Has Been Previously Used In Cotonou In Nigeria by nurey(m): 12:19pm On May 23, 2019
minijasper03:

but there are many vehicles in Nigeria with no/fake customs documents

Yes there are but you and I know is illegal. I don't give illegal advice nor shortchange the government grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Owns Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche, Lamborghini, Ducati, Audi, MAN…. / Pls Help On Honda Crv 2007-2011 / HELP Guys..i’m Paying For A 03 Camry... What Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.