Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please (1052 Views)

Please Computer Gurus Come To My Help / Laptop Gurus Please Recommend A Laptop For Me / I Need The Help Of Laptop Gurus!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by cue64: 7:38am On May 22, 2019
I'm one of those people who actually suck in making choices, and I am currently stuck in making one too so please help me out
Between
hp envy x360 fx 9800p
Which has touch screen and 360 degrees fold
8GB Ram 1tb hard disk
But houses an Amd R7 processor
And an
HP ELITE BOOK 840 G3
Core i7 8gbram 500gb Hdd and
Touch screen
Which should I pick and why?
Thank you very much
Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by cue64: 7:38am On May 22, 2019
HP ENVY

Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by cue64: 7:40am On May 22, 2019
Elite book

Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:11am On May 22, 2019
cue64:
I'm one of those people who actually suck in making choices, and I am currently stuck in making one too so please help me out
Between
hp envy x360 fx 9800p
Which has touch screen and 360 degrees fold
8GB Ram 1tb hard disk
But houses an Amd R7 processor
And an
HP ELITE BOOK 840 G3
Core i7 8gbram 500gb Hdd and
Touch screen
Which should I pick and why?
Thank you very much
Prices of both...
Price is necessary to know the best value you can get...
Have you checked out Asus Zenbook 14 with Nvidia MX 150 or Huawei Matebook D with AMD Ryzen 5
Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by cue64: 9:45am On May 22, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Prices of both...
Price is necessary to know the best value you can get...
Have you checked out Asus Zenbook 14 with Nvidia MX 150 or Huawei Matebook D with AMD Ryzen 5
i'm getting both at a fair price though the envy's price is a little higher
Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by PrinceCEE(m): 1:32pm On May 22, 2019
Depends on what you want to use it for.

What'd you be using the laptop for, then I'd ask questions pertaining to the required properties needed to give you maximum satisfaction.
Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by cue64: 2:10pm On May 22, 2019
PrinceCEE:
Depends on what you want to use it for.

What'd you be using the laptop for, then I'd ask questions pertaining to the required properties needed to give you maximum satisfaction.
i'm learning Coding, plus I have an online business so I will always be online.. And I will love to at least game on it sometimes
Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by PrinceCEE(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2019
cue64:
i'm learning Coding, plus I have an online business so I will always be online.. And I will love to at least game on it sometimes

Depends on the coding...

Generally, although you can use any laptop for programming, but for maximum operation, you'd need a laptop with more clock speed(≥2.6ghz is good)

You shouldn't be told about the Ram, although this is something you can easily buy and upgrade the laptop, but it tends to be costly depending on the size of the Ram you want to buy. (≥8gb is better, although 4gb is good too)

Some program's efficiency needs to be determined by running it on many child-processes, hence, needs more cores. Dual core systems can be efficient to run the program with two child-porcesses. But, you'd get more output by running it on a quad-core laptop(4 cpus), octacore would be very good...

Then, down to gaming and watching HD videos, you'd need a laptop with a high graphics card, while 1gb is relatively good, 2gb and more is better.

And lastly, as a programmer, one of the most important things I look for in a laptop is the battery's duration while coding. Put this in mind too. You already know how epileptic power is in Nigeria, so you'd need a battery that lasts long. That's where I normally make compromise. I can trade graphics card for longer battery.

So, check these properties in the two laptops, and make a pick yourself, or post these properties here, we can then help you narrow down the picking.
Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by cue64: 8:41pm On May 22, 2019
PrinceCEE:

Depends on the coding...

Generally, although you can use any laptop for programming, but for maximum operation, you'd need a laptop with more clock speed(≥2.6ghz is good)

You shouldn't be told about the Ram, although this is something you can easily buy and upgrade the laptop, but it tends to be costly depending on the size of the Ram you want to buy. (≥8gb is better, although 4gb is good too)

Some program's efficiency needs to be determined by running it on many child-processes, hence, needs more cores. Dual core systems can be efficient to run the program with two child-porcesses. But, you'd get more output by running it on a quad-core laptop(4 cpus), octacore would be very good...

Then, down to gaming and watching HD videos, you'd need a laptop with a high graphics card, while 1gb is relatively good, 2gb and more is better.

And lastly, as a programmer, one of the most important things I look for in a laptop is the battery's duration while coding. Put this in mind too. You already know how epileptic power is in Nigeria, so you'd need a battery that lasts long. That's where I normally make compromise. I can trade graphics card for longer battery.

So, check these properties in the two laptops, and make a pick yourself, or post these properties here, we can then help you narrow down the picking.
thanks for your response, I'm not using it in Nigeria zo it's safe to say the light won't be an issue.. But I still have alot to consider though now I think 'm even more confused
Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by PrinceCEE(m): 8:45pm On May 22, 2019
cue64:
thanks for your response, I'm not using it in Nigeria zo it's safe to say the light won't be an issue.. But I still have alot to consider though now I think 'm even more confused

Alright, good that you're not using it in Nigeria.

Go for the elitebook
Re: Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please by cue64: 10:28pm On May 22, 2019
Thanks
PrinceCEE:

Alright, good that you're not using it in Nigeria.

Go for the elitebook

(1) (Reply)

Must Power 12v, 2000w/2.0kva Fast Transfer True/pure Sine Wave Inverter / Clean Samsung NC10 Notebook Mini Laptop 10" In Kaduna>>>(SOLD❌❌❌) / 8gig Ddr4 Ram Available @ 10k Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.