Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Uber And Taxify(bolt) Don't Regard Their Drivers, Share Your Experiences. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uber And Taxify(bolt) Don't Regard Their Drivers, Share Your Experiences. (1595 Views)

"My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" / If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uber And Taxify(bolt) Don't Regard Their Drivers, Share Your Experiences. by classicdonsimon(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2019
Nigerian's let stop deceiving others and tell them the Truth.
I am an Uber and Taxify driver. I owe my ride and I driver by myself at my free period.
Let's get it straight.
These companies are just making huge amount of money for themselves without considering the drivers, they only care about the rider.

Now let's analyse these points:

1. Uber has slashed their riders fee to 40% in order to get the riders to keep coming back, that is to say if a Ride was calucated to be N1,000 in 2017, now it's N600. The 40% slash is not going into the drivers pocket, it's a discount that goes into the thin air. Inside that 600 that was charged, 25% goes to uber and 75% goes to the driver. Let share it, uber takes 150, driver takes 450(fuel, maintenance, car owners money, pocket money and your feeding included).

2. Considering Lagos Traffic still these companies make fares look very miserable at the end of a journey.
E.g. A trip from Ojuelegba to Lasu from was calculated to be 2,600 although there was no Traffic but the road is terrible. Before I ended the ride the lady was like "I hope it won't exceed 5,000" in my mind I smiled because I was expecting to see more than 5k. Funny enough I saw 2,600 with my mortuary standard AC and fuel, I was MAD. Can you believe that on my way coming back there was no order going back to Surulere from that zone I had to run empty and was in a traffic for almost 2hrs and I got to my office by 10:14am. This is ridiculous I said, I laid a complaint and they told me that the fare was calculated appropriately. Ok I chill.

A normal Taxi will consider a lot of things into factor before taking you to that place:
A. Distance
B. Traffic
C. Chances of not getting a rider back
D. Fuel
E. Stress
F. Vehicle maintenance. Etc
G. Don't forget oh! He is not putting Ac for you.
H. Accident (God guide us)

Driving is strictly a mental stress job, in doing mental stress work you age quickly and that is while 96% of drivers in this country grow white hairs quickly. It's not as a result of age it's the mental stress attached to it.
*Foreign companies pay more on a mental stress job because they understand the predicament attached to it*

Second instance
How can you charge 1800 from the same Ojuelegba to ogba in Ikeja after heavy traffic in the evening. This is really madness.
Come on, I understand that you need to stay in business but not at the drivers detriment, because they are really the finger that feeds you companies.
We all understand how heavy traffic is in the evening from 4-8pm and you still give funny bills. These riders comfort is really guaranteed why is the comfort not reflecting in their bills?

3. Drivers account for 35k-40k a week to the car owners. I want to ask, all these non-calculating drivers that accept such deals, is it the same business they are doing with it or are they running inter-state because that is better.

A lot of these guys don't seem to have much responsibility, most of them live in someone's house and pay no rent and they take care of themselves alone. Please you should think twice let's work something out.

Maximum you can make a week after all the hard work if you follow Uber and Bolt rules is 35-40k per week after expenses, you pay car owners 35k you are left with 5k. Hmmmmm! how can you rely on <10k per week for a mentally drained job like driving?

4. A typical nigeria don't read T/C before accepting, I accepted anyways but I am seriously complaining to them but believe me a lot of people are ready to accept even if it kills them. So the company feels reluctant about my complaints.

5. Friday, Saturdays and Sundays, are peak periods Yes I agree. My people don't consider a lot of factors, car repairs likewise maintenance are very expensive. Your stress, your life span?

Americans understood these fact which I know that our own conditions are far worst than theirs and they still went on strike. My brother if we strike for 1 month alone, these guys will be greatly affected and think twice.

99% of Nigeria females stays at the back and complain with their bad mouth, these are girls who don't even have Ac in their houses and when they come in they talk to you like their personal drivers with heavy authority. Lol, but this is one of the side attractions.

Drivers poses a great role in any economy, and should be regarded. If All drivers should go for strike only 1 day 80% of all company workers will be absent. The remaining 20% have their cars and can't play all the roles in offices.

Instead of asking/begging for extra tips at passengers drop off, I think we have to re - strategies on how to be contented. We can only do this by making or forcing these companies to make the job more lucrative again.

Me and you have decided to work hard and that doesn't mean that we should work our Ass out to make very little money. Working hard is good but working smart is fun. Together we can works wisely.

Bring in your experiences let's shear and tackle issues.

Thanks and drive safe.

2 Likes

Re: Uber And Taxify(bolt) Don't Regard Their Drivers, Share Your Experiences. by ewawumi(f): 6:51am On May 23, 2019
All this and many more reasons are y @EkoCab is there! You will have great experiences that you never wanna leave them!!!
Re: Uber And Taxify(bolt) Don't Regard Their Drivers, Share Your Experiences. by ophili(m): 8:53am On Jul 05, 2020
I totally agree with. Uber is a total mess.....
I took someone from Ikoyi to Ajao Estate . They charged 2k and gave me 1.5k

The other day was from Lekki to Ago Palace. And about 1800 came to me.. Its just nonsense. They deserved to be hacked... Their system deserved to be hacked..
Suddenly they changed agreement from 25% for first 20 trips to 25% for all trips. Its pure nonsense

(1) (Reply)

How To Join Wealthy Affiliate From A Blacklisted Country - Nigeria, India / Start A Tissue Paper Production Business Plan In Nigeria 2020 / Trying To Get A Loan From Opay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.