Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,531 members, 7,854,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:13 PM

Pls Is This Possible - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Is This Possible (744 Views)

Is This Possible? / Pls Is It Possible To Install A Window Of A Different Bit On A Mini Pc / Is This Possible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Is This Possible by Lotel: 5:26pm On May 22, 2019
Is it possible for me to upgrade my laptop's ram size
There's presently 2gb installed in it and I want to upgrade to 8 gb or even preferably 16gb
I use a hp notebook 15 laptop with double slots for ram

And how much do both rams cost
Re: Pls Is This Possible by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:13pm On May 22, 2019
Re: Pls Is This Possible by khalhokage(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2019
Yes you can upgrade your RAM, check online to know the maximum RAM your laptop is rated for and the type of RAM it uses (DDR2, DDR3 or DDR4), if the maximum is 8gb as I suspect it is then you would need to buy two 4gb sticks.
I don't know how much they cost.
Re: Pls Is This Possible by PrinceCEE(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2019
MrNipplesLover:
are u talking about RAM or ROM?

cos u can't upgrade RAM ooh, and the only option to upgrade the ROM is to get an external Memory Box.

if u wanna upgrade both, just sell the one you have at hand, add money and buy an upgraded one.

stay blessed, bro.

Just walk past a thread if you don't know anything about it.

Op, Ram Can be upgraded, but every architecture has a maximum Ram it can take, to avoid collapse.

Since your laptop is 2gb, and there are two slots, I presume it can take up to 4gb. But it might take more, just check the max online.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Is This Possible by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:55pm On May 22, 2019
PrinceCEE:

Just walk past a thread if you don't know anything about it.

Op, Ram Can be upgraded, but every architecture has a maximum Ram it can take, to avoid collapse.

Since your laptop is 2gb, and there are two slots, I presume it can take up to 4gb. But it might take more, just check the max online.

undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Clean UK Corei5 HP Elitebook 8460p For Sale In Lagos / What Is The Meaning Of This? / Recover Files From Formatted Hard Drive, Flash And Memory Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.