Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? (931 Views)

Why Does Android Phones Consume So Much Internal Storage? / How To Format Sd Card On Itel S12 As Internal Storage / Help! Huawei Ascend G6 U10 3G "Internal Storage Damaged" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by SageTravels: 6:29pm On May 22, 2019
Why does internal storage keep growing over the time for no reason? At some point it becomes simply impossible to update apps, due to lack of sufficient memory space.

I don't download anything but every time, my phone memory is always growing. How can I fix this pls?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by kenomobola(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2019
SageTravels:
Why does internal storage keep growing over the time for no reason? At some point it becomes simply impossible to update apps, due to lack of sufficient memory space.

I don't download anything but every time, my phone memory is always growing. How can I fix this pls?

First off, what phone are you using? Secondly, it seems like an app is logging data on your phone, taking note of all you're doing on the phone.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by SageTravels: 11:02pm On May 22, 2019
kenomobola:

First off, what phone are you using? Secondly, it seems like an app is logging data on your phone, taking note of all you're doing on the phone.

I suspect Apps but how to locate the app is the problem now. if I use Xender and check files, under big files I will see some big data to delete. how to locate all is my challenge.
Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by kenomobola(m): 11:12pm On May 22, 2019
SageTravels:

I suspect Apps but how to locate the app is the problem now. if I use Xender and check files, under big files I will see some big data to delete. how to locate all is my challenge.

What phone are you using?

Can you provide a screenshot of the big files, as detected by Xender?
Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by SageTravels: 8:35am On May 23, 2019
kenomobola:

What phone are you using?
Can you provide a screenshot of the big files, as detected by Xender?
I use infinix hot 4 pro

Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by kenomobola(m): 11:19am On May 23, 2019
SageTravels:

I use infinix hot 4 pro

OK. That phone uses an MTK SoC. Can you click on the big files, and make a screenshot of it?
This behavior you noticed, when did you first notice it?
Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by Ejebleje: 1:01pm On May 23, 2019
Sagetravels, your phone has a lot stored in form of cached data. A lot of apps are responsible eg(most especially) your browser(chrome, opera, or whichever applies to you), and apps that store data . Clear your history in your browser or clear cache

Clear out the trash folder for your pictures and videos.

Clear cache of any third party app that tends to store files for future use eg download manager, VLC , and the likes .

Go to Settings>storage>app>clear cache

Repeat for each app you suspect is eating up space until your phone clears up a little.

It appears you’re using a 16gb phone , so you’re going to need to be doing this from time to time unless you have a memory stick slot on your phone.
Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by Just2endowed2(m): 3:13am On May 24, 2019
Get a memory card of 32gig which will be okay. I sell memory card though,genuine SanDisk microSd from 16gig to 256gig.

Hala me 0706.656.1480
Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by UbongCR7(m): 4:15am On May 24, 2019
Go to settings
Open on apps
Click on chrome app
Clear all data on your chrome
That's the way I did mine last time

1 Like

Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by Nobody: 9:41am On May 24, 2019
install file manager by Google
Re: How Can I Fix Internal Storage Growing For No Reason? by koskilala: 1:00pm On May 24, 2019
use your phone master app to clear cache and junk files
SageTravels:

(1) (Reply)

Mint Used Redmi Note 7 4/128gb For Sale / TECNO K7 For Sale With Accessories / Itel A32f For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.