Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,735 members, 7,813,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It (18322 Views)

DIY: How To Temporarily Fix Transmission Shift Cable Fault In Your Car / One Week Old Tokumbo Car With Engine Problem Please Help / Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by phunbyt(m): 4:08pm On May 23, 2019
I got a Honda Accord baby boy recently and the gear shift is draining me off cash... It delays before shifting from one gear to another. Lagos mechanics have scammed me within the last two months and I'm dead broke right now. I need to move the car to Ilorin for business...

One said it's a rewire's work, rewire did it still the problem persist please what do I need to do I'm a novice please experts should please tell me what the problem could be and what can be done.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Yourbest(m): 6:52pm On May 23, 2019
Just cut your loss and get a new gear. I had a RAV4 that was like that, at the end when I calculated all I spent. Was going to get me a brand new one

12 Likes

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by kingreign(m): 6:52pm On May 23, 2019
phunbyt:
I got a Honda Accord baby boy recently and the gear shift is draining me off cash... It delays before shifting from one gear to another. Lagos mechanics have scammed me within the last two months and I'm dead broke right now. I need to move the car to Ilorin for business...

One said it's a rewire's work, rewire did it still the problem persist please what do I need to do I'm a novice please experts should please tell me what the problem could be and what can be done.

Get a competent technician to scan and diagnose that car. Stop trial and error and stop throwing parts at the car without knowing the real cause of the issue.

13 Likes

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Mrsteven1: 6:52pm On May 23, 2019
Do extensive an research, to determine what's wrong, YouTube will be very helpful or better still if you have the money just get a new gear.

6 Likes

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Richdad50(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2019
shocked

You do not have a car if you have a Honda. What you got is a liability and an inferior to anyother brand aside innosons. Sell asap

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Dshocker(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2019
Op this is 2019 and no young lad still drives around a baby boy.... Please dispose that jarlopy before it will give you two k-leg on motion,that's if you value your life grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Austino50: 6:53pm On May 23, 2019
Sell the car and go for any Toyota make

3 Likes

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 23, 2019
Honda again?!?

1 Like

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Stillthebest: 6:54pm On May 23, 2019
phunbyt:

Use OBD to diagnose it. Most times if it is auto the faults usually from failed sensors.

4 Likes

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by kingreign(m): 6:54pm On May 23, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

You do not have a car if you have a Honda. What you got is a liability.

Uninformed folk Spotted, this na beer parlour and pepper soup discussion
Austino50:
Sell the car and go for any Toyota make
Toyota gangs have come again as if Toyota is problem free. undecided

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by kolafolabi(m): 6:54pm On May 23, 2019
Bro, buy another tokunbo gear and thank me later.. It could be repaired but in 3-4 months, it packs up.

5 Likes

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by oluwaseun8(m): 6:55pm On May 23, 2019
Stop wasting ur money, replace the gearbox... Baby boy gearbox is about 40k - 50k @ oyingbo .

8 Likes

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Absoj(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2019
This honda! Upon say na. I'm we still dey manage..me just go change gear to manual so dat my mind go rest...dat one na me sha
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by CityNGR: 6:56pm On May 23, 2019
embarassed team replace!!
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by nicepoker101(m): 6:57pm On May 23, 2019
Replace it with a new transmission

1 Like

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 23, 2019
Sell the toy
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by millionboi2: 6:58pm On May 23, 2019
Car and problem
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Derinhenz: 6:58pm On May 23, 2019
Change your windshield and tires
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Stillthebest: 6:58pm On May 23, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

You do not have a car if you have a Honda. What you got is a liability and an inferior to anyother brand aside innosons. Sell asap

Stop saying what's not generalized. If Honda are not good why are they one of the best sellers in Ng?? Other car brands could be better but they also have their specific issues too, and not everyone will go for the same brand of cars.

11 Likes

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by CocoaOla: 6:59pm On May 23, 2019
Nigerian will want to use one car forever after warranty has expired instead of buying new part they repair and manage the old one
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by emmyvet(m): 6:59pm On May 23, 2019
Yourbest:
Just cut your loss and get a new gear. I had a RAV4 that was like that, at the end when I calculated all I spent. Was going to get me a brand new one
Seems is common with Rav4 o, had the same issue early this year and spent some money fixing it now I am getting the sign but will change gear box oil before I conclude.
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by dapadawee: 6:59pm On May 23, 2019
see me see trouble am I a mechanic egba mi erami se mo jo meco ni
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by phunbyt(m): 7:00pm On May 23, 2019
Stillthebest:

Use OBD to diagnose it. Most times if it is auto the faults usually from failed sensors.

Can the failed sensor be repaired or replaced And at what cost approximately?
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by signed: 7:00pm On May 23, 2019
Good evening house.
Kindly help connect me to where i can buy torkumbo gear for honda baby boy.
Thanks.
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by phunbyt(m): 7:02pm On May 23, 2019
oluwaseun8:
Stop wasting ur money, replace the gearbox... Baby boy gearbox is about 40k - 50k @ oyingbo .

Pardon my ignorance sir.... The new gear box will come with new sensors right
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 23, 2019

That is where Volvo beats most car brands. Even if its gear (automatic) is faulty, you can you it for years, if you know how to "prime" it.

1 Like

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Richdad50(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2019
So because northerners are stiffed neck on car brands
Stillthebest:

Stop saying what's not generalized. If Honda are not good why are they one of the best sellers in Ng?? Other car brands could be better but they also have their specific issues too, and not everyone will go for the same brand of cars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by ak22(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2019
phunbyt:

Ask @ GAZZUZZ
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by chuberg(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2019
Yourbest:

Abeg how much did you get yours, my own is giving me sign. 2007 model
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Umartins1(m): 7:05pm On May 23, 2019
I have never own a car before smiley smiley smiley

Thank you NLers for subscribing to my Youtube channel. I am now on 940+. Please, I need less than 60 subscribers to get approved by Youtube as I have fulfilled other conditions. Please, help me subscribe to my Youtube Channel with the link below. I am the one posting most of the video lyrics you see on the front page.
www.youtube.com/snitrammedia
Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by Timekeeper: 7:07pm On May 23, 2019
Just....

1 Like

Re: Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It by antagonist: 7:09pm On May 23, 2019
ak22:

Ask @ GAZZUZZ

which gazzuzz? that charge and bail overrated mechanic?

please save your money for people that know what they are doing, not google and internet mechanics

look for people like radautoworks

world class auto technicians who just started to revolutionize car repairs in Lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/radautoworks

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tricks Vulcanisers Use To Defraud Motorists / Car Coolant / Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.