Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant (24255 Views)

My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant / List Of Estate Owned By Lagos State Government| Co-tenant / Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria| Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by CotenantNIG: 7:50am On May 24, 2019
Hi Guys Today we look at different kinds of Apartments

Dont Forget to always Read from our Blog
https://cotenant.com.ng/news/

Lets get started

As you may have concluded on your own by now, there are a lot of options when it comes to renting in Nigeria.

Similarly, there are also a plethora of choices when it comes to apartment types! Depending on your price range, choice of neighborhood, and living situation (roommate, significant other, family, etc.), you will also need to make a decision on what type of apartments to live in.

Studio: A one-room apartment that comes with a kitchen and a full-size bathroom. Variations of a studio include an alcove studio or a convertible studio.

Alcove Studio: The same as a regular studio but generally has an L partition in the living room. This creates the perception of more space and is really nice to use for a sleeping area.

Convertible Studio: A studio big enough such that one could build a wall to create a bedroom.

Convertible (Flex): An apartment that has enough space to be converted into an additional bedroom. Example: A large one bedroom apartment that has enough space to be walled off to create a 2nd bedroom may be advertised as a convertible two-bedroom (two bedroom flex).

Duplex/Triplex: Apartments with two or three levels respectively. The second or third floor may be used for sleeping quarters only. Junior 1 bedroom: This is a slight step up from a studio and usually includes a separate sleeping room or ¾ room.

Luxury Hi-Rise: This type of ultra-modern building is typically designed to stand at least twenty stories high and tend to offer its residence additional services that include on-site staff and concierge services as well as other on-site amenities like swimming pools,gyms, and valet services and can be found mostly on the island

Junior 1 Bedroom: This is a slight step up from a studio and usually includes a separate sleeping room or 3/4 room.

Railroad Apartment: These are found in smaller and older buildings and are named for their straight floor plan. There are usually three or four rooms that are all connected without a hallway, forming a long and thin rectangle. Bedrooms can be on either side or in the center.

Two-bedroom: also known as a real two-bedroom, this has two actual bedrooms, a common living space, and a kitchen which might be separate.

Wing two-bedroom: this style of apartment has two bedrooms joined by a small common space, such as a kitchen, but not much more insofar as living space is concerned.

Shared Apartments: A room in a shared apartment is normally the apartment type that is the easiest and fastest to get. In a shared apartment you will have your own individual bedroom, and you will share the kitchen and the bathroom with 1-3 other students of the same gender.

Garden Apartment: Read More Apartment types here

Thank You
https://cotenant.com.ng

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by Nobody: 8:22am On May 24, 2019
The list no complete as under bridge no dey there.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by CotenantNIG: 9:19am On May 24, 2019
sherylbakky:
The list no complete as under bridge no dey there.

lol lalasticlala
Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by helphelp: 12:48pm On May 24, 2019
Photos would have done greatly with this post

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by ekensi01: 12:49pm On May 24, 2019
This data scammers the tire so?

Why are man Utd delaying to sell pogba?
Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by Jokerman(m): 12:52pm On May 24, 2019
In Lagos, all we know is;

1 room face me I face you (toilet and kitchen shared with other neighbors)

1 room self con (toilet and kitchen alone)

Room and parlour face me I face you (toilet and kitchen shared with other neighbors)

Room and parlor self con (toilet and kitchen inclusive)

2 bedroom
3 bedroom
4 bedroom

Duplex

52 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by maynation(f): 1:00pm On May 24, 2019
Bloggers ehn. No be only apartments na sizes of pants

3 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by eedriyz(m): 1:01pm On May 24, 2019
Jokerman:

Room and parlour face me I face you (toilet and kitchen shared with other neighbors)

2 bedroom
3 bedroom
4 bedroom

Duplex

Thank you jare.

8 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by 400billionman: 1:06pm On May 24, 2019
The Power of Copied Work cool

2 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by jchioma: 1:07pm On May 24, 2019
OP, you could have it more interesting by adding some graphics of the different apartment types listed.
Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by 400billionman: 1:08pm On May 24, 2019
maynation:
Bloggers ehn. No be only apartments na size if panties.

Wetin concern this topic with Paynt ?
Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by Bbbwings: 1:09pm On May 24, 2019
No photo
I don't know what op is talking about.

1 Like

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by maynation(f): 1:16pm On May 24, 2019
400billionman:

Wetin concern this topic with Paynt ?
Wetin concern you concern my comment?
Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by Bamss1: 1:27pm On May 24, 2019
What could have brought this nonsense to front page
Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by Allylic(f): 1:32pm On May 24, 2019
All what is written above by the op is not applicable to a Nigerian..
Give them names that we know
Bedsitter
Self contain
Flats
Face me I slap you
Duplex
Storey building and the rest

6 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by CotenantNIG: 1:45pm On May 24, 2019
Jokerman:

2 bedroom
3 bedroom
4 bedroom

Duplex

true but that's their natural name

1 Like

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by laptopsale(m): 1:50pm On May 24, 2019
CotenantNIG:

true but that's their natural name
we don't want natural names, mbok is it by force.

2 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by CotenantNIG: 1:57pm On May 24, 2019
laptopsale:
we don't want natural names, mbok is it by force.

lol my guy
Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by laptopsale(m): 2:01pm On May 24, 2019
CotenantNIG:

lol my guy
bring back our face me I slap you, one room self con, room and parlour self, 2 & 3 bedroom flats, and all the duplex from terrace to detached.

2 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by OakRealtorsNG: 2:01pm On May 24, 2019
Interesting..

A very nice corner piece house for commercial use with lettable space of 600sqm and a 3bedroom duplex and it can park more than 25cars.
Good for schools, lounges, club, banks, office etc and its can also be shared.

Click here for details:

https://oakrealtors..com/2019/03/office-space-in-adeola-odeku-for-lease.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by Onyenna(m): 2:11pm On May 24, 2019
Which kind thread be this!?...

No pictures @ all!!?
Re: Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant by edicied: 3:25pm On May 24, 2019
so basically studio == self contain

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost! / President Buhari reacts to school building collapse in Lagos Island / Bungalow House Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.