Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

The Right Attitude In Approaching God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Right Attitude In Approaching God (655 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / Our Attitude In Church / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Right Attitude In Approaching God by yommyuk: 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2010
Luke 18:9-14

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'
14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Jesus conclusion that only the tax collector went home justified before God would have shocked Jesus audience, who regarded Pharisees as righteous and tax collectors wicked.

This is what the Scriptures mean when they say,"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him (1 Corinthians 2:9)

God bless wink
Re: The Right Attitude In Approaching God by larezo2006(m): 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2010
may God help us towards the right attitude.
Re: The Right Attitude In Approaching God by timro(f): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
[i][/i][center][/center][color=#550000][/color]I recall when I was much younger, I believed I was so so perfect that i felt  I do not do the things i read  in one of the Bible passages about adultery, back biting, gossip and the others only to discover after few days that I was worse than that and the fact that me thinking I do not do such was the problem.

Lord have mercy.

(1) (Reply)

Why Would You Allow A Female Pastor To Preach To Your Kids? / Nabeel Qureshi: A Short Testimony / Bwiti Religion - Gabons Return To Paganism! (watch Bbc Documentary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.