Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results (42311 Views)

GET Traffic For Free Organic Search Results On Search Engines / Why SEO Keeps Changing The Way It Works / 6 Web Properties You Can Use To Protect Your Branded Search Results (with Real E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by CCnaija: 9:50pm On May 24, 2019
I was searching through google just this evening and found that it now includes the website favicon in the search result. Anyone else noticed this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by GrowYourSales(m): 10:53pm On May 24, 2019
Yea, I even thought it was my eye that was doing me.

That must mean a lot of SEO shift

Do you have a business? Need increased sales? Check my signature

5 Likes

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Etsyl: 11:04pm On May 24, 2019
I think say na my brain sef grin

1 Like

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by ken6488(m): 11:18pm On May 24, 2019
I thought it was my browser

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by falcon01: 11:41pm On May 24, 2019
i didn't notice it cos i don't use Google too much.. i use duckduck go

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:59pm On May 24, 2019
Whites never stop improving, I get app updates almost everyday. It's crazy how they keep improving. Meanwhile, our dear Nairaland...

197 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by OVA200(m): 3:33am On May 25, 2019
All google applications are the best in their respective categories from google play music to google keyboard to youtube to google photo to google drive to google mail.
Stubborn nairaland is still stuck to green and white with archaic looking emojis since over 7 years i've known this place.

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by bravesoul247(m): 4:03am On May 25, 2019
The search result seems different from the way it was. I thought it was my tecno phone o grin. Nairaland you sef improve kwanu

16 Likes

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Elvin247(m): 5:25am On May 25, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Whites never stop improving, I get app updates almost everyday. It's crazy how they keep improving. Meanwhile, our dear Nairaland...
shocked

3 Likes

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by MVLOX(m): 6:18am On May 25, 2019
the only constant thing in life is change...

4 Likes

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Timmypromise(m): 6:23am On May 25, 2019
Yeah
Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:37am On May 25, 2019
MVLOX:
Not with Nairaland

42 Likes

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by MVLOX(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Not with Nairaland
what if there are changes u haven't noticed

1 Like

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Generalwoodz(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2019
Nairaland will improve in 2070...dont worry

12 Likes

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:42am On May 25, 2019
MVLOX:

what if there are changes u haven't noticed
Then it isn't change

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by MrTrend(m): 6:59am On May 25, 2019
Improve search formatting.

Developers don't sleep.

1 Like

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Ufedolove: 7:49am On May 25, 2019
Yea, I very much noticed. Yesterday evening
Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by mytime24(f): 7:53am On May 25, 2019
Same here
Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by mu2sa2: 8:01am On May 25, 2019
MVLOX:
But sometimes it's change for the worse.
Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by AmNuhRegular(m): 8:03am On May 25, 2019
Not noticed any changes oo

1 Like

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by ITbomb(m): 8:04am On May 25, 2019
Oluwasaeon:

Not with Nairaland
Nairaland noni?

You all talking, after you'll compare nairaland to quora, lemme ask ya one, load both site up now and see which one comes up first.

We are using shitty phones on a shitty internet network while those enjoying quora are with high soc phones and fast broadband.

A small feature like that favicon showing chunk up resources on the server end and on the user end. Google have enhanced their server end but we are still waiting for Google to load on our shitty networks. Who gains?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by martineverest(m): 8:05am On May 25, 2019
they announced it earlier in the week

1 Like

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by alawi5k: 8:05am On May 25, 2019
CCnaija:
I was searching through google just this evening and found that it now includes the website favicon in the search result. Anyone else noticed this?
Same here.
Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by EnglishUsa: 8:06am On May 25, 2019
Yes i even try to Google buhari's wife has resign this morning, instead of me to see Theresa may i continuously seen buhari's wife grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Onyenna(m): 8:06am On May 25, 2019
I noticed as well....
Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Nairalandmentor(m): 8:06am On May 25, 2019
wink
Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by fashrola(m): 8:07am On May 25, 2019
falcon01:
i didn't notice it cos i don't use Google too much.. i use duckduck go

Are you hiding your tracks? grin

1 Like

Re: Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results by Nobody: 8:08am On May 25, 2019
CCnaija:

Sharp guy. Indirectly advertising your website grin

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After You Learn These 8 Google Tricks, The Internet Will Never Be The Same. / 10 Things Nigerians Search On Google / Promise Excel Is Dead, Blogger Dies Of Heart Disease (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.