Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters (1655 Views)

Meet The White Britons Who Cannot Read Or Write In English / My 3-Year-Old Son Can't Read Or Write Letters, Please Help / Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by Mariangeles(f): 4:03pm On May 26, 2019
Having a good handwriting is something to be really proud of.
Your handwriting says a lot about you.
By your writing, one could tell how skilled or clumsy you are with the pen or pencil .

Training a child at an early age to write in calligraphic letters would imbibe in the child the importance of a good handwriting.

Introducing calligraphic writing lessons into the Nigerian schools' curriculum all through the primary level, will be a very good way to train the child in the art of good handwriting and maintain the good writing culture.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by SamgoldBaba: 4:14pm On May 26, 2019
It's good
I remember my friend's dad anytime he writes to our class teacher then it's always in calligraphy...
Nice tho

1 Like

Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by MJBOLT: 4:44pm On May 26, 2019
how will good hand writing improve the education sector?
Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by delugajackson: 5:07pm On May 26, 2019
My handwriting was so bad that my family thought I would become a doctor.

I later changed my handwriting and they lost all their hopes in me.

9 Likes

Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by Mariangeles(f): 5:26pm On May 26, 2019
MJBOLT:
Having a good writing is an improvement on yourself .
it is a quality and to your advantage.
A person with a good hand writing is well respected...isn't that reason enough ?
Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by Mariangeles(f): 5:30pm On May 26, 2019
SamgoldBaba:
It's good
I remember my friend's dad anytime he writes to our class teacher then it's always in calligraphy...
Nice tho
I found some of my dad's old letters that were written to him...they were written in calligraphic letters .
I found out I was fascinated with them and curious to read them .
It seems it was part of the school curriculum before ...I think it should be reintroduced
Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by MJBOLT: 5:31pm On May 26, 2019
there are a lot of people with good hand writing in nigeria,nobody takes them serious.

Mariangeles:
Having a good writing is an improvement on yourself .
it is a quality and to your advantage.
A person with a good hand writing is well respected...isn't that reason enough ?

1 Like

Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by Mariangeles(f): 5:33pm On May 26, 2019
delugajackson:

I later changed my handwriting and they all lost their hopes on me.
Were you one of those "new term, new writing" kids ? grin

1 Like

Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by Mariangeles(f): 5:34pm On May 26, 2019
MJBOLT:
there are a lot of people with good hand writing in nigeria,nobody takes them serious.

I take them serious .
It's something to be proud of ...
Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by meobizy(f): 9:19pm On May 26, 2019
MJBOLT:
It doesn’t but it separates those who learned the skill (mostly a sign of attending a good private school) from those who didn’t (other types of schools).

It’s almost no different from proper enunciation, the person doesn’t need to bear intelligence but will receive preferential treatment anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by meobizy(f): 9:24pm On May 26, 2019
Schools should teach this skill for three full years until the students imbibe it.
I’m tired of seeing semi-illiterate typography which is rampant in Nigeria.

I was taught this back in school but our teacher’s ignorance made him drop the activity after only two months.
I guess he saw no need to teach it or couldn’t read the letters.
Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by DesChyko: 10:35pm On May 26, 2019
MJBOLT:

False! False!! Due to the rarity of finding people with good handwriting co-ordination, I receive more than my fair share of recognition because of how I write.
I'm an inspiration to many people in my field, even parents alike.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by Mariangeles(f): 11:36pm On May 26, 2019
DesChyko:

False! False!! Due to the rarity of finding people with good handwriting co-ordination, I receive more than my fair share of recognition because of how I write.
I'm an inspiration to many people in my field, even parents alike.
I believe you .

As for me, once I see a hand written note in a good handwriting, I suddenly take interest in knowing who wrote it, the person's name and all ...

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by femi4: 5:56am On May 27, 2019
Calligraphy is a fancy pen writing
Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by Mariangeles(f): 9:47am On May 27, 2019
This is FP worthy don't you think so ? It's children's day
Seun
Mynd44
Fynestboi
Dominique
Re: Teaching Children How To Write In Calligraphic Letters by nicepoker101(m): 10:11am On May 27, 2019
delugajackson:

I later changed my handwriting and they lost all their hopes in me.
And you ended up an engineer grin

(1) (Reply)

UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS BUSINESS SCHOOL (ULBS) APPLICATION FORM IS OUT - 08158942445 / Correct Date Of Birth Error On Waec Certificate Without Stress / Professor Omololu Soyombo Picks Appointment Letter As Acting Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.