Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) (24434 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNG: 10:48am On May 28, 2019

The Federal Government is currently constructing a railway line connecting Lagos to Ibadan.

The railway line is going to be the first Double Standard railway line in Nigeria.

The 156 kilometers railway track is being built according to Chinese standard and technology.

The project which will cost $1.6billion dollars has employed the services of about 7000 Nigerians in the construction.

This design of this railway line is based on traffic volume forecast of over 3.2 million tons of goods/cargoes per annum, while the passenger services can take 16 pairs of passenger trains.

The project includes the construction of eight  (cool railway stations and Apapa and Ebute-Metta and Intermediate stations at Agege, Kajola, Papalanto, Abeokuta, Omi-Adio.

Read also: 30 Things To Know About Recent Railway Construction In Nigeria (1999-2019). To Read, Click HERE

The station at Olodo is a passing station while the station at Ibadan is an intermediate station with technical operation.

The services for the locomotive workshop, rolling stock depot and marshaling yards will be located at Kajola, Ogun state.

The extension of the Lagos-Ibadan rail line to the Lagos seaport will significantly enhance the export and import trade of the country. This project is multi-functional for both passenger and freight services connecting three states-Lagos, Ogun and Oyo.

The railway line in the nearest future will be extended from Ibadan to Ilorin, Minna, Kaduna, and Kano and will link the Federal Capital Territory via Kaduna.

Meanwhile, construction of the railway track has recently commenced at the Yaba.

See photos below.

https://autojosh.com/lagos-ibadan-railway-construction-work-commences-at-yaba-see-photos/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNG: 10:48am On May 28, 2019
Read also: 30 Things To Know About Recent Railway Construction In Nigeria (1999-2019). To Read, Click HERE

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by HospitalityDiva(f): 10:48am On May 28, 2019
Nice one. This will go a long way to reduce traffic at the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. Hopefully the railway line would be completed before the end of 2020.

Meanwhile, ladies, instead of the regular sanitary pad, why not use the medicated panty-liner. See my signature for more details.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Baawaa(m): 10:50am On May 28, 2019
They should fast track this project,Nigerians are waiting

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Planet3xi: 10:56am On May 28, 2019
Autojosh.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by welcomeback(m): 10:58am On May 28, 2019
the work at yaba is a bit slow compared to Ogun state.. i was at Odeda LGA in Ogun state few weeks ago and i can say that the fast pace of work there is massive.. i believe we can do better and see its completion as soon as possible...

14 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by postiva: 11:11am On May 28, 2019
v
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Reffone: 11:14am On May 28, 2019
I need soft investors for my business
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Sirpaul(m): 11:14am On May 28, 2019
Lagos is dirty afffff argh

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by chukwuibuipob: 11:15am On May 28, 2019
cheesy wink grin sai baba NEXT LEVEL

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by rusher14: 11:15am On May 28, 2019
A game changer.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by ainas247: 11:16am On May 28, 2019
cheesy I must enter this train and I will revert..

Dominate Google page 1 with your business.
start now
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by damoobaba: 11:16am On May 28, 2019
We dey observe
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by BlackfireX: 11:16am On May 28, 2019
Awaiting failure.....
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by shamsin6300(m): 11:16am On May 28, 2019
May God Bless PMB & all those that have this country at mind

11 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:16am On May 28, 2019
Sirpaul:
same with everywhere in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by LordRahl001: 11:16am On May 28, 2019
Good news
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Sirpaul(m): 11:17am On May 28, 2019
that's bad
Donmedra:
same with everywhere in Nigeria
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by aremuforlife(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2019
Na lie is gradually becoming Na truth.
We are getting there

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by superlanny(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2019
This is a continuous welcome development, for those of you that hate Buhari, this is one of the reasons, why we voted and rooted for him, las las na all of us go still enjoy am, change that is visible, not change that is visible in some people's Bank account and families. We want change for all, slows as it may be, we will get there and correct all the wrongs by the termites who have eaten deep into Nigerias destiny. God bless Muhammadu Buhari.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by mmsen: 11:19am On May 28, 2019
welcomeback:
the work at yaba is a bit slow compared to Ogun state.. i was at Odeda LGA in Ogun state few weeks ago and i can say that the fast pace of work there is massive.. i believe we can do better and see its completion as soon as possible...

Yaba is crowded. Why would the pace of progress be the same in those two places?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by KristaPretty(f): 11:20am On May 28, 2019
Sirpaul:

Lagos and your anus which one dirty pass?

7 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by shine12: 11:21am On May 28, 2019
The public needs to be protected by putting heras fencing along the edge of the excavation. Children or even adults can easily fall from the edge.
With a 25tonne excavator, there should definitely be a barrier separating pedestrians from the machinery.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by sammyj: 11:23am On May 28, 2019
grin grin Hope the government continue on this momentum. Ameachi is truly working compared to some failed ministers !!! grin grin Click Like if you believe in this project and Share if you do not believe in the project!!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by able20(m): 11:24am On May 28, 2019
Up governor Sanwo-Olu next president 2023

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by 9jaArea: 11:25am On May 28, 2019
Now that elections are over, I wonder what wailers will say about this project.

Lol...

Sometimes I feel like some of them are cursed to hate all their lives

kay29000:

They are saying it is because Amaechi wants to remain in Buhari's cabinet. You know them na...they will always find something to say.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Babawon1: 11:26am On May 28, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
But I don't understand one thing. I thought it will be completeness in June, y did work just start at yaba when they already reach ibadan
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by emma321(m): 11:26am On May 28, 2019
Good news
Re: Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Sirpaul(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2019
KristaPretty:

Lagos and your anus which one dirty pass?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nigeria Immigration Deports 6 British Citizens / MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.