Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,825 members, 7,831,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Create Your Family Common Ground Rules - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Create Your Family Common Ground Rules (220 Views)

My Wife Has Reduced Me To A Common Trash. / My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground / Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Create Your Family Common Ground Rules by reign2013(m): 12:10pm On May 28, 2019
* Family Common Ground Rules*

Family sometimes finds it self caught up in the web of different view points.

Questions like which school should our kids attend, which part of the town should we live, matter related to children discipline, how to handle in-laws, etc, can bring serious stress on a family’s’ positive emotional cloud if not properly handled.

In time past, I have tried several ways of handling such cases in my home without the level of success I would have loved.
I tried the ' maniplative' method, 'forceful- macho' method and 'avoidance'- let peace reign method. But they didn't produce the win- win 'God- win' dimension that I really want in my home.

Until I discovered what I called our ' family common ground'. As a Christian I discovered that my home belongs to God and he has our best interest at heart.

Overtime, when there is conflicting interest in our family we bring it to the test of common ground, the word of God and that becomes the final verdict.

I have seen myself and my wife literally reporting some contending issue to God and before long, God in his divine way, ministers to the other parties and that ends the argument.

This common ground principle has made our intimacy with God better. Our children now know that they have to talk with God first before requesting any thing from Dad and Mom. Same goes for me and my wife. We seek God's face first before discussing our view points.

We are now a communicating family. No more personal victory. God wins.

Common Ground principle is working in my family. It can work in yours too.
Find your family common ground and work it out.

Mr Olayiwola Paul Akanni
(MindScope Consultancy)

Connect with me on my private WhatsApp number for a Free chat( on the limited bases only)

(1) (Reply)

French Home/online Tutor / Just Like The Days Of Eve And Adam! / Book Home Salon In Nigeria For You And Your Family from your phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.