Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God (888 Views)

Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by paxonel(m): 3:17am On May 29, 2019
1. The fallacy of hasty generalization
hasty generalization is a conclusion that because most people in a class are wrong, therefore everyone in that same class must be wrong. Atheists concludes that because most christians cannot prove the existence of God, therefore all Christians cannot prove the existence of God.

2.. Non-conformation to law of identity fallacy the law of identity explains that the identity anything is nothing but that identity, that if the identity of a thing is not known one cannot say anything categorically about that thing.

If God truly exist, then there is nothing else but God truly exist.That if the existence of God is not known to the first person, then he cannot say anything categorically about it. Meaning, he cannot argue anything until he is 100% certain of his position.
Likewise, if God truly do not exist, then there is nothing else but God truly do not exist. That if the non existence of God is not known to the second person, then he cannot say anything categorically about it. Meaning, he cannot argue anything until he is 100% certain of his position.

Having established that, the first person is the atheist and the second person is the theist(as in a Christian who has read bible and is 100% certain of God existence)

1. The second person has read the bible , the first person is an atheist and not a Christian therefore he cannot possibly read the bible.
2. Because the second person has a cognitive understanding of the bible, therefore he is 100% sure of God's existence and can therefore say something categorically about it, and because the first person has not read the bible therefore, he is not 100% sure of his position that God do not exist therefore cannot say anything categorically about it .

Think about it
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by falcon01: 4:38am On May 29, 2019
so mixing big big words and manipulating grammars for your mind you think you are making sex? atheis Ask you for proof for mor tyan thousand years you cant give single you are just doing corner corner.

4 Likes

Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by paxonel(m): 6:42am On May 29, 2019
falcon01:
[s][so mixing big big words and manipulating grammars for your mind you think you are making sex? atheis Ask you for proof for mor tyan thousand years you cant give single you are just doing corner corner[/s]
another fallacy called attacking the personality rather than asking question grin

Next

1 Like

Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by falcon01: 9:24am On May 29, 2019
paxonel:
another fallacy called attacking the personality rather than asking question grin

Next
who told you am an atheist ? you cant answer simple question.. you'll be going roun and round ... thats why I dont engage un yhis kinda questions I know there is no answer

2 Likes

Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2019
1. Please go ahead and provide evidence for your god.

2. How you able to say anything categorically about your god? And why is making inference from what you say about your god wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by johnydon22(m): 10:58am On May 29, 2019
LordReed:

2. How you able to say anything categorically about your god? And why is making inference from what you say about your god wrong?
Can you dial my line again?
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2019
johnydon22:
Can you dial my line again?

Sent you a text wink
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by paxonel(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2019
falcon01:
who told you am an atheist ?
did I say you are an atheist? Are you for real or some kinda fake..

you cant answer simple question..
keep jumping into conclusion

you'll be going roun and round ... thats why I dont engage un yhis kinda questions I know there is no answer
my guy you don't know anything, keep your question to yourself. undecided
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by paxonel(m): 11:22am On May 29, 2019
LordReed:

the evidence is in the bible, do you want to see it? grin
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by budaatum: 11:27am On May 29, 2019
paxonel:

1. The second person has read the bible , the first person is an atheist and not a Christian therefore he cannot possibly read the bible.
What's the point of reading the Bible if one can't do what one reads in it? Is the above not a "hasty generalization", and a case of the forest in one's own eye?

Why can an atheist "not possibly read the Bible"?
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by paxonel(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2019
budaatum:

What's the point of reading the Bible if one can't do what one reads in it? Is the above not a "hasty generalization", and a case of the forest in one's own eye?
atleast we can still try to do little of what we can, it's isn't hasty generalization.

Why can an atheist "not possibly read the Bible"?

it's just simply natural not to read holy books belonging to religions other than yours. For instance, I'm a Christian, naturally I'm not interested in reading the Quran so i will have no clue of what Muslims are saying about the Quran except i ask sincere questions and not countering them of their beliefs.
But incase i am not interested at all, then i will remain silent not countering them still.
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by budaatum: 11:49am On May 29, 2019
paxonel:
it's just simply natural not to read holy books belonging to religions other than yours. For instance, I'm a Christian, naturally I'm not interested in reading the Quran so i will have no clue of what Muslims are saying about the Quran except i ask sincere questions and not countering them of their beliefs. cheesy
So you are just doing what you accused others of doing by "hastily generalising" based on your limited view? But shame is the fact that even your own religious book you seem to not have read or understood or you would not have bothered opening this twig of a thread without first deforesting your own eyes!

If a person wants to "ask sincere questions" about Christianity, would you not tell them to read the Bible? If you would, how can you possibly "ask sincere questions" about Islam and not read the Quran? Did you in fact "ask sincere questions" about atheists before you opened this thread in which you "countered" what you presumed to be their beliefs?!

Christ did say, "do not live by bread alone or you will be malnourished". He obviously did not lie!

1 Like

Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by paxonel(m): 12:27pm On May 29, 2019
budaatum:

So you are just doing what you accused others of doing by "hastily generalising" based on your limited view?
no, grin

My view is my view, they have their view and we should steak to our own different views which can never be generalized, that's why i remain neutral in their conversation. Now, my action is never hasty generalization.

But shame is the fact that even your own religious book you seem to not have read or understood or you would not have bothered opening this twig of a thread without first deforesting your own eyes!
I have explained what i meant by hasty generalization and how it applies, there is no twig there. grin

If a person wants to "ask sincere questions" about Christianity, would you not tell them to read the Bible? If you would, how can you possibly "ask sincere questions" about Islam and not read the Quran?
that's the point I'm making.

Did you in fact "ask sincere questions" about atheists before you opened this thread in which you "countered" what you presumed to be their beliefs?!

The point about the thread isn't that atheists are fallacious believing that God do not exist, rather the fallacy comes when they comit hasty generalization in other to prove their point, i mean they can choose to make sound argument avoiding the fallacy, that will be Ok.
i have long interacted with atheists. Some of them in reality are my good friends because they do not hastily generalize that all Christians cannot prove that God do exist .

Christ did say, "do not live by bread alone or you will be malnourished". He obviously did not lie!
grin grin grin grin grin
That's my guy, budaatum

But let's reason it, is there any other thing that can nourish the physical body other than food?
I'm just trying to understand you.
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by budaatum: 12:45pm On May 29, 2019
paxonel:

But let's reason it, is there any other thing that can nourish the physical body other than food?
I'm just trying to understand you.
Yes, paxonel, "there any other things that can nourish the physical body other than food". Eating a balanced diet, is one, and not just sticking one's head in sand reading one single book.

After all, "by every word that God spoke", says the word, and how would you know whether God spoke it or not if you "stick to our own different views" and have not bothered to read their's yourself?
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 1:01pm On May 29, 2019
paxonel:
the evidence is in the bible, do you want to see it? grin

Why should I accept it as proof? Do you accept the Quran as proof? Do you accept the Egyptian book of the dead as proof?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by paxonel(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2019
LordReed:

Why should I accept it as proof?
you have not seen it yet you have already decided you are not going to accept it. There is no point showing you then grin

Do you accept the Quran as proof?
ofcourse yes, quran is one of the proof
[
Do you accept the Egyptian book of the dead as proof?
I have not heard about that before
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by johnydon22(m): 2:33pm On May 29, 2019
LordReed:

Sent you a text wink
Got it
Re: Just Two Fallacies Atheists Use To Defend Their Belief Of Non Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2019
paxonel:
you have not seen it yet you have already decided you are not going to accept it. There is no point showing you then grin

LoLz! You had nothing to show me in it before.

ofcourse yes, quran is one of the proof

Proof of what

I have not heard about that before

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_the_Dead

Now you have.

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life December Retreat 2019 / Why Was Healing So Easy In Biblical Times But Not Now? / We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.