Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet (1057 Views)

What Hasn't Been Invented, But Needs To Be ASAP / Phillip Emeagwali Is A Scam Programmer / Meet Philip Emeagwali: Biography Of Father Of Modern Day Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by chibaby1985(f): 8:33pm On May 31, 2019
If you are reading this on your phone, tablet or computer – Nigeria born Philip Emeagwali made that possible. Philip Emeagwali figured out how to combine multiple computers into what we now know as the new internet/super computers. It’s just that simple.

Time Magazine, in an article back 2007 (link is a few paragraphs below), admits that Emeagwali alone came up with the formula to allow many computers to communicate to each other at the same time. Which is basically the internet as we know it. “The Internet as we know it today did not cross my mind,” Emeagwali told TIME. “I was hypothesizing a planetary-sized supercomputer and, broadly speaking, my focus was on how the present creates the future and how our image of the future inspires the present.” ~ from the Time article As you read this article and research further, you will see that this Igbo (Hebrew) from Biafra Nigeria arrived at his place in history, at least in part, on his study of nature, specifically bees.

Emeagwali saw an inherent efficiency in the way bees construct and work with honeycomb and determined computers that emulate this process could be the most efficient and powerful. In 1989, emulating the bees’ honeycomb construction, Emeagwali used 65,000 processors to invent the world’s fastest computer, which performs computations at 3.1 billion calculations per second. ~ http://www.black-inventor.com/dr-phil

Many sites will try very hard to down play him, but when you look at the sources and facts… it is pretty clear. Just as when crediting Thomas Edison for inventing the light bulb, nobody says “well Ben Franklin invented electricity..”, it is just that simple when you read up on Emeagwali and his invention of the internet. So it is incorrect to begin an article on Emeagwali and the internet by saying “…computers were sending signals to each other as early as the 1950s.” ~ Time Magazine Which, in my opinion, minimizes the credit he deserves for his hard work on something that absolutely changed the world. Because those computers could not all talk to each other simultaneously.

Philip Emeagwali’s formula made that possible. This is the “internet”. He even coined the name internet and explains why he called it so. ~ http://www.emeagwali.com/biography/Ph

But Time magazine did go on to say: “…the Web owes much of its existence to Philip Emeagwali, a math whiz who came up with the formula for allowing a large number of computers to communicate at once.” ~ Time Magazine Read the entire Time Magazine article here http://content.time.com/time/specials

For earning a spot in the history of computing, the Nigerian postal service has issued a commemorative set of stamps in 50-naira (US$0.39) and 150-naira (US$1.17) denominations. Both stamps went on sale on January 18, 2006, at the dedication and the “First Day of Issue” ceremony in Abuja, Nigeria . Do your own research, but as for the internet…and how you will most likely do your research…. he did that!

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/05/african-nigeria-born-philip-emeagwali_31.html

Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 31, 2019
Stop misleading people jor, dude carried out research which help Intel to invert a very fast processor. He never invented the internet, I don't know where u get ur fake story from.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by Timmypromise(m): 8:44pm On May 31, 2019
But white still take the Glory
Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by graciousolo(m): 8:51pm On May 31, 2019
He didn't invent the Internet.

He worked on what he termed "supercomputers". Biko stop the wrong info.

He is a great one anyways.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by chibaby1985(f): 8:55pm On May 31, 2019
Timmypromise:
But white still take the Glory

Will they ever agree that a black man brought innovation to the new way of computing?
Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by chibaby1985(f): 8:56pm On May 31, 2019
charliboy654:
Stop misleading people jor, dude carried out research which help Intel to invert a very fast processor. He never invented the internet, I don't know where u get ur fake story from.

I just quoted a SOURCE
Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 31, 2019
IGBO AMAKA.
Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by budaatum: 9:09pm On May 31, 2019
chibaby1985:

I just quoted a SOURCE
Perhaps do some more research next time or you might not even invent a reputable valid simple thread!

History of the Internet
Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by chibaby1985(f): 9:38pm On May 31, 2019
budaatum:

Perhaps do some more research next time or you might not even invent a reputable valid simple thread!

History of the Internet

That's what the white man wants you to believe
Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by budaatum: 10:03pm On May 31, 2019
chibaby1985:

That's what the white man wants you to believe
I know. It's not of course that I see for myself that the Nigerian who you say created the internet forgot to invent it in Nigeria. The white man entered inside my head and put the almost 100Gb that I've used so far this month in there.

1 Like

Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 31, 2019
chibaby1985:

I just quoted a SOURCE
All the source u posted there are rubbish. Do u even know what the internet protocol is?
Don't argue with me bro. U r wrong.
Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by chibaby1985(f): 7:23am On Jun 01, 2019
charliboy654:

All the source u posted there are rubbish. Do u even know what the internet protocol is?

Leave that thing nigga
Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by chibaby1985(f): 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
charliboy654:

Who is your bro?
Re: African Nigeria Born Philip Emeagwali Invented The Internet by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
chibaby1985:

Who is your bro?
Obviously not you kid

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help I Need A Very Good Isp / I Mistakenly Formatted My Ipod Nano 2gb Pls Hellllp / Fairly Used Dip Cycle Inverter Battery For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.