Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks (2130 Views)

Would You Hug a Snake? Meet the 10 Friendliest Snakes in the World (Photos) / My Boerboel Dog Has 8 Breast Teats For 10 Puppies / See What Happened To My Boss After I Killed These Big Snake In My House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
My house is between two undeveloped plots.

Personally, I have not sighted live snakes in this compound since I moved in 2017, but in the last two weeks, my boerboel has killed 3 snakes and would drag them to a location within the compound where we can easily see them.

Similar to all the 3 snakes killed, they are bitten in two or three places by the dog.

The first time, I was so worried that the snake might have bitten my dog, so I called the handler who casually asked me to feed her with onions.

My worry is, how did she succeed in bitting and killing the snakes without being hurt?

Anyone with similar experience should please share.

Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by dawnomike(m): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nicely done...
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
@Lala...can you grace the front page with this for experts to comment.
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by nofuckz(m): 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
Bring your dog we eat, snakes aint fleshy enough.
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
angry
nofuckz:
Bring your dog we eat, snakes aint fleshy enough.
angry angry
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by Benjaniblinks(m): 10:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
Looks More Like Worms. *Yuck*

1 Like

Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
guy these snakes looks like the dangerous specie fa!

pls get those fumigation people to fumigate your area before sorry go enter.

1 Like

Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
Snakes we saw, dog we haven't. Is the dog a spirit? ??

1 Like

Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by daviefm(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
LET'S SEE UR DOG

HE MIGHT BE USEFUL FOR WE HUNTERS WHEN WE GO TO CHURCH WITH THOSE LADIES AND THEY TURNED TO SNAKE DURING PRAYER
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
obiekunie1:
guy these snakes looks like the dangerous specie fa!

pls get those fumigation people to fumigate your area before sorry go enter.

Thanks man!
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
GRADEXP2:

Thanks man!

you are welcome bro!

pls dont forget to show some appreciation to that your hero dog! cool
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
The dog

1 Like

Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
obiekunie1:

you are welcome bro!

pls dont forget to show some appreciation to that your hero dog! cool

Sure!
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by Baroba(m): 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
Be careful oo, It will take one sharp venomous cobra or viper and that dog is a gonna..clean out your sorroundings to stop attracting snakes.. Those snakes might not even pack venoms or it's venom drop for drop was not potent enough to kill the dog..Kudos to your dog all the same, but you are playing Russian roulette with his life..
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by Baroba(m): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2019
Be careful oo, It will only take one sharp venomous cobra or viper and that dog is a gonna..c.. Those snakes might not even pack venoms or it's venom drop for drop was not potent enough to kill the dog..Kudos to your dog all the same, but this na dangerous game..
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2019
Baroba:
Be careful oo, It will take one sharp venomous cobra or viper and that dog is a gonna..clean out your sorroundings to stop attracting snakes.. Those snakes might not even pack venoms or it's venom drop for drop was not potent enough to kill the dog..Kudos to your dog all the same, but you are playing Russian roulette with his life..
Thanks bro... I do my best to fumigate everytime, but my neighbour to the right is UK based, who acquired the land, fenced and vanished. To my left is an international school that acquired large tract of land for future development, which is also fully fenced and gated.
I cant have anyone jump into those private properties for clearing.
Do you have any idea about how else I can keep the reptiles away?
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by Namdeenero(m): 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
Not sure of the other two snakes but the first picture is a viper and is very venomous. Your dog needs a special treat.. Dogs have very quick reflexes so chance of getting bitten is very slim. Finally raw Onion is toxic to dogs, try activated charcoal smiley
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 12:06am On Jun 04, 2019
Namdeenero:
Not sure of the other two snakes but the first picture is a viper and is very venomous. Your dog needs a special treat.. Dogs have very quick reflexes so chance of getting bitten is very slim. Finally raw Onion is toxic to dogs, try activated charcoal smiley

How will I apply the activated charcoal? I know activated charcoal or carbon is used for chlorine absorption in water. How will I apply this to the dog?
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by Waspy(m): 12:56am On Jun 04, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
abi o... Was about asking

1 Like

Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by Namdeenero(m): 8:16am On Jun 04, 2019
GRADEXP2:

How will I apply the activated charcoal? I know activated charcoal or carbon is used for chlorine absorption in water. How will I apply this to the dog?
Just add some quantity to your dogs water and let him drink up
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2019
Namdeenero:
Just add some quantity to your dogs water and let him drink up

Thank you.
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by Ogcruz: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
Snake no de bite her?
About she get antivenom
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by GRADEXP2(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ogcruz:
Snake no de bite her?
About she get antivenom

Bros...nah wetin dey surprise me be dat o.
Re: My Boerboel Dog Killed These 3 Snakes In 2 Weeks by davillian(m): 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
You think snake venom na play ba?
If you truly love your dog or value its life then you should protect it from confronting snakes by all means.
RIP to your dog in advance CU's it would get killed by a snake soon in that your snake invested compound

(1) (Reply)

Caucasian Shepherd / sold... / Boerboel Cross Mongrel For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.