Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two (32495 Views)

Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student / Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) / Bejide Ifeoluwa Is Redeemers University's Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by nengibo: 10:05am On Jun 04, 2019
Tare Youdeowei

Babcock University in Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, has graduated 1,926 first degree holders, among which was Mrs Edafe Dogo, a mother of two who graduated with a 4.95 cumulative grade point average, to emerge the overall best in the 2018/2019 academic session.

Dogo, who is a staff of the school, said she chose Business Education because of her love for teaching, a trait she picked from her mother who was an elementary school teacher.

While speaking with journalists at the 17th convocation of the institution held at the University Stadium on Sunday, she also disclosed that the support of God, her husband and lecturers enabled her to achieve the great feat.

“As a wife and mother of two children, I will say it was God and I trusted Him from the beginning because I didn’t know how to go about it. My family was wonderful, they cooperated with me. My husband helped out whenever I was tired and couldn’t meet up. Throughout it was just God, because without God the waking up early and sleeping late to read would have been in vain. I also had the best lecturers. They never gave up on us, they kept on pushing us until we achieved. I owe my success to my lecturers, family, colleagues and classmates.

“I feel it was easier for me because I was doing something I loved doing, every class or exam was enjoyable. When the results started rolling out I was amazed and just surrendered to God’s will. This is simply God’s will, there is nothing super about me,” Dogo enthused.

Speaking on the topic ‘Faith, Fact and Fiction’, the Jacob and Frances Sanger Mossiker Chair at the University of Texas in the United States, Prof. Toyin Falola, said the days of the government taking care of everyone was over, as he noted that there was a need to combine skills acquisition with the acquisition of certificates.

Falola said, “We need not say we want to separate faith from knowledge because we can combine them to produce better citizens that can have more integrity. Students can collect a degree and be spiritual and also knowledgeable, this combination is very positive for the development of the country.

“However, the important question is to what extent can the government assist private universities like Babcock. They can do scholarship for students because they are Nigerians. A scholarship will be the best because that way they divert money to the private university. The days when the government could absorb everybody has gone and we need to combine the acquisition of skills with certificates. It is not wrong to have a BA in English and have a skill in plumbing or painting. So, we have to rethink the packaging of these degrees to make sure they are infused with skills element.”

He further advised the graduates to use the values they learned to develop themselves and the country.

On his part, the Secretary to the Federal Government of Nigeria, Mr Boss Mustapha, said it was essential that the government ensured that the standard of education was not lowered.

Mustapha advised, “One of the things we need to do is to ensure we prepare our graduates in every stratum of our educational system for the world market. That means we have to give them skills or resources to be able to face the challenges of employability. It is not only about graduating with a certificate if you don’t have the desired skills to be employable it constitutes a problem.

“Our education system should tilt towards the direction of making our graduates skilled in such a way that they will not rely on the government for employment but become entrepreneurs and job creators.”
The Vice-Chancellor of the institution, Prof. Ademola Tayo, said he expected the students to become job creators rather than job seekers because they were taught entrepreneurship. “Most times education in Nigeria trains only the head alone without training the hand and heart that is why some are very clever mentally but they are not able to use their hand to add value to the society. Babcock believes in holistic education, training the whole man; the physical, spiritual and social aspects of man, so that wherever they find themselves they can cohabit with other people.

https://punchng.com/mother-of-two-emerges-best-graduating-student-at-babcock/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 04, 2019
Why is she being compared to a regular student?

9 Likes

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
cc:lalasticlala well-done please move this

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by StrikeBack(m): 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nice
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by seuncyber(m): 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
Awesome

2 Likes

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by tydi(m): 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
grin

She couldn't be less a single mother and achieve that feat.. Those single mothers are always frustrated and bitter.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by BrainSanitizer: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nice
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by iTearHerToto: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
So she had to look everly unkempt to achieve that Just look at her hair

I don't even wanna talk about the crayon Teeth

Pukes angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
I must congratulate her. Nice feat worthy of the attention.
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by samintegrity(m): 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
grin
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by StarUp: 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
And some "single-slayqueens" can't even make third class shocked

4 Likes

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by osabiya16(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
It's called Focus
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by Automatic3444(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
In everything there is a time and season wink
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
mrAMG2:
Why is she being compared to a regular student?
appreciate her efforts dude undecided

6 Likes

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by israelmao(m): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
With the divided attention?Kudos to you,don't mind the bitter and envious mind on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by Preca(f): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nice
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by biolite(m): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
She is an inspiration to younger generations

1 Like

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by OboOlora(f): 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
Quite impressive!

And one vagabond just dropped out and is about to be the third or is it fourth baby mama to a frog!

Someone should give me that ‘I spit’ image

2 Likes

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by Deuces25(m): 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
There is no limits to what you can achieve, go girl!

1 Like

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by ChaseNtwk(m): 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
Great
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by chibaby1985(f): 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by Nairalandmentor(m): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
shocked
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by Miracle4Sure: 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
Lovely
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by lonelydora: 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
Babcock is the best private school in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by InansBobo(m): 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
Wow, congratulations to her
but all the young guys in that school didn't try oo, they couldn't deliver more with their fresh young brains.
Well, bf, gf and IG won't allow them study harder
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by henrydadon(m): 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
Congratulations to her

Well deserved
Re: Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two by koyeni(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
Good one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did You Experience Flogging While In College (photo) / Hurray, ASUU Wants Prompt Pay For Endless Strikes! / Ogedegbe Destiny Osayi, UNIBEN Law Graduate Bags First Class In Law School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.