Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,212 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal (621 Views)

"I Am Incredibly Grateful" Nnadozie Celebrates French League Best Goalkeeper / Ronaldo Angry As Bernardo Silva Wins Nations League Best Player - Fans Claim / Portugal Vs Spain: The Moment Ronaldo Scored Free-Kick Goal To Tie At 3:3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by fikiman7000(m): 10:04am On Jun 05, 2019
Lionel Messi's stunning free kick against Liverpool has been voted the Champions League Goal of the Tournament for 2018/19.
The Argentine maestro curled the ball into the top corner from around 25 yards out, with Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson unable to do anything about the wonder strike. It was a fitting way for the supremely skilled forward to score his 600th goal for Barça, and was also his 42nd free-kick goal for the Catalans.
Messi's strike has now been named Goal of the Tournament, with the announcement being made on the official UEFA Champions League social media channels following a fan vote in association with Nissan.
The goal came in Barcelona's semifinal first leg tie against Liverpool at Camp Nou. It was Messi's second strike of the game and put Barça 3-0 up, which meant Liverpool had a monumental task on their hands to progress.
However, Messi's efforts all turned out to be in vain, as Jurgen Klopp's side shocked the football world by decimating Barça 4-0 in the return leg at Anfield. Liverpool went on to win the competition, defeating Tottenham in the final to claim their sixth European Cup.
Messi had plenty of competition for the award, with fans given the chance to vote for Arjen Robben's trademark left-footed strike against Benfica and Ivan Rakitic's stunning half-volley against Tottenham.
His biggest competition, however, was from old rival Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese superstar scored a brilliant first-time volley against his former club Manchester United in the group stage following a lofted through-ball from Leonardo Bonucci.
However, it's Messi strike that's been voted the best, and it's hard to argue with the voters' choice. Messi also finished as the 2018/19 Champions League top scorer with 12 goals in just 10 games.
The Argentine will hope his side fare better in Europe next year, Barça having also thrown away a three-goal lead against Roma in 2017/18.
Cc lalasticlala

Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by fikiman7000(m): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2019
Mod should please move this news to the front page,the former news that Ronaldo was the winner of the UCL GOAL OF THE SEASON WAS WRONG, please check the UCL page on Instagram for confirmation of this news
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by Nbote(m): 10:12am On Jun 05, 2019
I'm surprised d mods haven't deemed it fit to push dis to FP. CR7 fans ryt now. I'm sure dey'll come to tell us how UEFA or Real Madrid rigged d results

Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by Spactacle(m): 10:16am On Jun 05, 2019
Nice one
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2019
fikiman7000:
Mod should please move this news to the front page,the former news that Ronaldo was the winner of the UCL GOAL OF THE SEASON WAS WRONG, please check the UCL page on Instagram for confirmation of this news
are you high
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2607891.html
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by fikiman7000(m): 10:34am On Jun 05, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
are you high
I thought i showed you a screenshot Okay then go to the IG account of the uefa champions league for confirmation before you display your ignorance
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by Nbote(m): 10:43am On Jun 05, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
are you high

They chose d top 10 from which a winner was voted for... Dat list is d 10 goals dat made d final shortlist
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 10:52am On Jun 05, 2019
fikiman7000:

I thought i showed you a screenshot Okay then go to the IG account of the uefa champions league for confirmation before you display your ignorance
that was a poll conducted for ig users not from uefa technical observer's
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 10:53am On Jun 05, 2019
fikiman7000:

for ig users not for uefa obsevers
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by fikiman7000(m): 11:14am On Jun 05, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
Honestly,ignorance is a disease
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by Nbote(m): 11:38am On Jun 05, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:

Lolzzz... See dis one.. UEFA technical committee picked d goals and den put it out for fans to also vote and Messi's goal won d vote... It was an official UEFA poll
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2019
Nbote:

Lolzzz... See dis one.. UEFA technical committee picked d goals and den put it out for fans to also vote and Messi's goal won d vote... It was an official UEFA poll
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7103957/Fans-vote-Lionel-Messi-Champions-League-goal-tournament.html?fbclid=IwAR3CnzJXCaaWCLbLL9pQQ20DLy2W4RThYOANRcFsE68vQLwQvTtfdwOmkKU
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by fikiman7000(m): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7103957/Fans-vote-Lionel-Messi-Champions-League-goal-tournament.html?fbclid=IwAR3CnzJXCaaWCLbLL9pQQ20DLy2W4RThYOANRcFsE68vQLwQvTtfdwOmkKU
Fools like you are always the first to turn abusive
Let me make this clear,best goals are voted by fans and that's why UCL posted messi's on all their social media accounts,do you follow the champions league goals and player of the week en route to the final match?
Re: Lionel Messi's Free Kick Vs. Liverpool Voted Champions League's Best Goal by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
fikiman7000:

Let me make this clear,best goals are voted by fans and that's why UCL posted messi's on all their social media accounts,do you follow the champions league goals and player of the week en route to the final match?

best goal are voted by fan's shocked
Jesus how did i end up replying your mentions chai. Tuah!

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Celebrate C.Ronaldo After Receiving Marca Leyenda Award. / 'leaked Ballon D'or Rankings' List On Social Media Reveals 2019 Winner / Top 5 Greatest African Players of all time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.