Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today (726 Views)

What I Saw At The Bank Today!! / BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge / My Frustrating Experience With ALAT By Wema Bank Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by LOSKYXANDER: 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
I chose to refer to it as diamond/access bank because the branch in which I had the experience was a former diamond bank branch in Port Harcourt.
So I decided to close all the bank accounts that I have not been using in order to track my active accounts with ease. I went to Gtb, submitted a letter to close one of my 2 accounts, proceeded to fidelity to close my account and the 3rd bank I visited was Diamond/access. This is were problem began!!! The que was crazy and disorganized!! I spent close to 2 hours before it got to my turn. I politely told the customer care staff that I would like to close one of my 2 accounts as I presented my letter. She typed God knows what and returned the letter to me saying that I didn't sign my signature well. Can you imagine that?? This is a signature that I've been using for ages!! I signed a second time and she insisted I sign a third time still claiming that I didn't get it correctly. Then she stood up from her seat, brought a form and rudely asked me to fill for change of signature and go and get a passport photograph claiming that the change of signature request would take 24 hours and that I should not bother to come the next day. At this point, I got frustrated!! I tried to reason with her about the unfair treatment and the next thing I heard was "next customer". At this point, I snatched the letter from her table, squeezed it and dumped it on my way out of the bank in anger and headed to zenith bank which was opposite. At Zenith, the process went smoothly just as it was with the previous banks.
This is not the first time I have been treated this way with that bank. When I was in school (FUTO), I visited diamond bank on campus to make a withdrawal at the counter. After debiting me, the teller guy asked me if I had the diamond bank mobile App. When I said "no", he seized my money and insisted that I install the app before I receive my cash!!
Initially I wanted to close just one of my accounts. But the next time I visit an access bank branch, I'm going to withdraw every kobo and close both accounts!! angry

2 Likes

Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by akp202(m): 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
Only u get 8 account....watin u dey carry Dem do
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by cassidy1996(m): 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
sorry! see as account full everywhere
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by ahnie: 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
Diamond Bank again....cursed bank.
My 30k z still stuck there because of ordinary BVN issues.

Yeye bank.mtscheew!
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by micfoley: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
Why dont u just withdraw all the money in the accounts and forget about them?
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by LOSKYXANDER: 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
micfoley:
Why dont u just withdraw all the money in the accounts and forget about them?
I don't want my sweet name in that useless bank as a customer. Can't grant the stupid bank that privilege
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by dingbang(m): 11:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lol. grin
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by Goalnaldo(m): 12:06am On Jun 07, 2019
Union Bank did the same in my case I wanted to apply for ATM.
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by Xneg: 3:40am On Jun 07, 2019
What will you be doing with over 8 accounts with different bank, I believe only people in shady business have that number of account
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by Enniez2018(m): 4:42am On Jun 07, 2019
Haaaa, if u hear diamond or access bank, just runnnn. Crappy service even the customer support staff are frustrated.
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by LOSKYXANDER: 6:14am On Jun 07, 2019
Xneg:
What will you be doing with over 8 accounts with different bank, I believe only people in shady business have that number of account
Count again... I have 6 accounts with 4 banks. 2 are NYSC accounts (fidelity was opened in the state I was posted to and had to open a diamond bank account when I relocated to another state) then the zenith account was the account that was opened for me during my IT for payment.
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by Geologistboy: 2:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
Diamond abi na Access bank again? Una problem don too much o!! Lalasticlala abeg carry this thing go were e suppose be make that bank get sense!!
Re: My Frustrating Experience With Diamond/access Bank Today by Olusheyi1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2019
Someone here may need the info on my signature, quickly check it out...

(1) (Reply)

Make Up To #5000 Per Day Without Investment From Kuda Bank / Afdb To Hire Professionals Through 2019 YPP / Which Business Can I Start With #70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.