Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Car Vibration When Changing Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Vibration When Changing Gear (1967 Views)

My Vehicle Jerks When Changing Gear / Danfo Driver Seen Changing Gear Between The Laps Of A Female Passenger (Photos) / Toyota Camry 2001 Model Jerking Of Engine When Changing Gear To Drive N Reverse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Vibration When Changing Gear by RSAV: 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
People, my Toyota Camry (1999 model, auto transmission) vibrates immediately after it changes gear, I think from gear 2 to 3. The vibration is more on the passenger side of the car. Someone adviced I check the gear seat, another suggested I check the wheels. The vibration stops after some minutes, when the car moves to gear 4.
Anyone with insight on this?
Re: Car Vibration When Changing Gear by osato45: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
check if your transmission oil is dirty and change
Re: Car Vibration When Changing Gear by ab1x: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
Check the engine seat
Re: Car Vibration When Changing Gear by mejai(m): 12:16am On Jun 07, 2019
engine mount(seat)/ shaft ( abi inner cup bearing).

what do I know? wait d ogas go still answer u

2 Likes

Re: Car Vibration When Changing Gear by istephen(m): 8:27am On Jun 07, 2019
Maybe the problem is in the transmission mounts.

1 Like

Re: Car Vibration When Changing Gear by verifiablefacts: 9:04am On Jun 07, 2019
mejai:
engine mount(seat)/ shaft ( abi inner cup bearing).

what do I know? wait d ogas go still answer u
gbam,replace the bearing with the cup and enough lithium grease.

1 Like

Re: Car Vibration When Changing Gear by jadekusibe: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
The vibration issue is more related to some electrical components such engine speed sensor, throttle position sensor, engine temperature sensor, transmission oil temperature sensor,accelerator pedal sensors , variable valve timing sensor. First thing to do , is to tell ur automobile electrical tech to confirm if all these sensors received the right signals from automatic transmission brain box? Secondly tell ur electrical tech to confirm that all SLU,SL2 ,S2,SLT solenoids inside valve body received the right output signals from ECM n confirm thier operational intergrity, maybe some of them have failed on insulation.Better still it could be traced to bad brain box. Tell ur mechanic tech to change the transmission oil filter.
Re: Car Vibration When Changing Gear by ceasare: 8:46am On Dec 22, 2022
jadekusibe:
The vibration issue is more related to some electrical components such engine speed sensor, throttle position sensor, engine temperature sensor, transmission oil temperature sensor,accelerator pedal sensors , variable valve timing sensor. First thing to do , is to tell ur automobile electrical tech to confirm if all these sensors received the right signals from automatic transmission brain box? Secondly tell ur electrical tech to confirm that all SLU,SL2 ,S2,SLT solenoids inside valve body received the right output signals from ECM n confirm thier operational intergrity, maybe some of them have failed on insulation.Better still it could be traced to bad brain box. Tell ur mechanic tech to change the transmission oil filter.

Na to buy new car remain? grin

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord DC Is Jerking On 3000rpm / . / Help Me Choose Between Ford Freestyle N Camry 2007.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.