Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,009 members, 7,814,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens (18977 Views)

New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today / Banks, MTN Dispute Over USSD, Airtime Fees Deepens / Oando Crisis: Adeosun Queries SEC, Appoints New Director-general (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by IamHeWrites: 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
Oando Plc has notified the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), its shareholders, stakeholders and members of the public of the resignation of two non-executive directors, Sena Anthony and Oghogho Akpata, from its board, Igbere TV reports.

Their resignation according to what Igbere Tv learnt, comes amidst clampdown on the company by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

According to a statement on NSE website, their resignation became effective from June 3.

“Chief Sena Anthony and Mr. Oghogho Akpata were active members of the board and its sub-committees. The board and management of Oando Plc appreciates their valuable contributions to the growth of the company,” Oando said in the three-paragraph statement.

SEC had last Friday announced the removal of the company’s Group Chief Executive Officer, Wale Tinubu, and his deputy, Omamofe Boyo.

It also barred them from holding director positions in public companies for a minimum of five years.

After sacking Messrs Tinubu and Boyo, SEC set up an interim management to be headed by Mutiu Sunmonu.
The commission said the management would oversee the affairs of Oando Plc and conduct an Extra Ordinary General Meeting on or before July 1, 2019.

However, Tinubu and Boyo have secured a court order asking all parties to maintain status quo.

Justice Mojisola Olatoregun of the Federal High Court in Lagos ordered SEC and Mr Sunmonu to maintain status quo pending determination of the motion on notice.

She also ordered that the order be served on the commission along with the motion on notice, and other processes.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/754199/just-in-two-oando-directors-resign-as-crisis-deepens/

1 Like

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by topcin: 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
Resigned
FTC
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by KingsleyBuubba(m): 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
EFCC
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by seunmohmoh(f): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2019
Battle everywhere
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by crazyABO(m): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2019
No you cant resign like that angry after jail then feel free to wink

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Phock2sweet: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2019
Yoruba people are the biggest thieves in companies.... fear them.... am not ibo please

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Eberex(m): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2019
topcin:
Resigned
FTC

What is good?

You just said good without a reason. Who does that?

The FTC fever I guess
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by ForeThinker: 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2019
THE ONLY THING CONSTANT IS CHANGE
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Lekzy360: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
Have you seen this?? grin

[Video] Naira Marley – Opotoyi (Marlians)

Watch & Download below.

https://www.gistkit.com/video/naira-marley-opotoyi-marlians-2/

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Bbbwings: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nobody is going to jail
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by hisexcellency34: 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
When will okpolo eye Tinubu resign? Oando can't have peace until he leaves

9 Likes

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by All4real2: 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
IamHeWrites:
Oando Plc has notified the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), its shareholders, stakeholders and members of the public of the resignation of two non-executive directors, Sena Anthony and Oghogho Akpata, from its board, Igbere TV reports.

Their resignation according to what Igbere Tv learnt, comes amidst clampdown on the company by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

According to a statement on NSE website, their resignation became effective from June 3.

“Chief Sena Anthony and Mr. Oghogho Akpata were active members of the board and its sub-committees. The board and management of Oando Plc appreciates their valuable contributions to the growth of the company,” Oando said in the three-paragraph statement.

SEC had last Friday announced the removal of the company’s Group Chief Executive Officer, Wale Tinubu, and his deputy, Omamofe Boyo.

It also barred them from holding director positions in public companies for a minimum of five years.

After sacking Messrs Tinubu and Boyo, SEC set up an interim management to be headed by Mutiu Sunmonu.
The commission said the management would oversee the affairs of Oando Plc and conduct an Extra Ordinary General Meeting on or before July 1, 2019.

However, Tinubu and Boyo have secured a court order asking all parties to maintain status quo.

Justice Mojisola Olatoregun of the Federal High Court in Lagos ordered SEC and Mr Sunmonu to maintain status quo pending determination of the motion on notice.

She also ordered that the order be served on the commission along with the motion on notice, and other processes.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/754199/just-in-two-oando-directors-resign-as-crisis-deepens/

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by kayjay69(m): 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
Sure you are not igbo but you are a mad "insert here whatever you are" man. Four director names were mentioned, one happens to be Yoruba, your fish brain interprets and shoots out whatever junk you managed to type below. Please how does one equal four? And what does it even matter where they are from, is the main story about their tribe or about the actions they were found to be complicit in?
Well, I guess it does'nt matter to binary thinkers such as you. What you live for is to spew bile, it is unfortunate Nairaland does not cordon off people like you.

Phock2sweet:
Yoruba people are the biggest thieves in companies.... fear them.... am not ibo please

17 Likes

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by helphelp: 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Simbrixton(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
Phock2sweet:
ur moniker says it all just focus on phock na wetin u come life come do be dat

5 Likes

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by NaMeAboki: 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
I stopped following my Oando shares since when their value fell off the radar a long time ago - not surprised with such crooks in charge of affairs at the plc; only God can repay us.

4 Likes

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by StoneLucifer: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2019
Phock2sweet:

U are absolutely correct. God bless u for this observation and comment. Am not Igbo too and i have worked with them. Cultism mixed with looting of company's funds. Thats what brings then to limelight..

8 Likes

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by oyatz(m): 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
It means

Federal Technical College (FTC), Akoka.

Eberex:

What is good?

You just said good without a reason. Who does that?

The FTC fever I guess
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Ugosample(m): 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2019
kayjay69:
Sure you are not igbo but you are a mad "insert here whatever you are" man. Four director names were mentioned, one happens to be Yoruba, your fish brain interprets and shoots out whatever junk you managed type below. When does one equal four? And what does it even matter where they are from, is the main story about their tribe or about the actions they were found to be complicit in?
Well, I guess it does'nt matter to binary thinkers such as you. What you live for is to spew bile, it is unfortunate Nairaland does not screen off people like you.

I'll say it as it is

MOST of the corporate fraud in this country has been linked to Yoruba names
MOST

does that mean Yoruba folks are natural killets of companies?
of course not!

But most of those who were caught just happen to be Yoruba and it was their choices that made them commit fraud....
Not because of something aboyt Yoruba that makes companies they lead fail...
it's all abt personal choices

But then

Thinking that Yoruba folks are corporate killwrs is as stupid as people thinking that igbo are natural criminals
this is a fact that many Nigerians have not developed enough brain power to decipher.

MOST of those caught selling drugs in SEA are Igbo names BUT they chose that path.
it's not abt their ethnicity

When we as Nigerians get to the level of mental maturity that it is people's choices that determine whom they are are not ethnicity or religion or whatever, the better for us.

The guy you quoted observed right, but he is WRONG

1 Like

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by ridbell01(m): 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2019
Phock2sweet:
can you steal what belong to you?borrow sense please don't allow hatred to kill you untimely

1 Like

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Elemosho478: 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
Ugosample:

I'll say it as it is

MOST

of course not!

But most of those who were caught just happen to be Yoruba and it was their choices that made them commit fraud....

But then

Thinking that Yoruba folks are corporate killwrs is as stupid as people thinking that igbo are natural criminals
this is a fact that many Nigerians have not developed enough brain power to decipher.

MOST of those caught selling drugs in SEA are Igbo names BUT they chose that path.

When we as Nigerians get to the level of mental maturity that it is people's choices that determine whom they are are not ethnicity or religion or whatever, the better for us.

The truth is there are Yorubas CEO and MD heading companies more than any tribe in Nigeria, that's why it seem so

2 Likes

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Phock2sweet: 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
StoneLucifer:

U are absolutely correct. God bless u for this observation and comment. Am not Igbo too and i have worked with them. Cultism mixed with looting of company's funds. Thats what brings then to limelight..
here in Kano they indulge in all manners of juju and steal so much in companies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
Fucking Bullshhit, Slap in the wrist.....ain't they supposed to be jailed for a long time, shareholders and investors money all gone....

2 Likes

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by banio: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2019
Let SEC face all oil companies. Their board members and directors are all criminals
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Ugosample(m): 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
Elemosho478:

The truth is there are Yorubas CEO and MD heading companies more than any tribe in Nigeria, that's why it seem so

we are saying the same thing cheesy

Some decided to go into business, others decided to lead companies owned by others

Some decided ti seek for illicit means to finance their business, others decieded to use "jibiti" to fleece the companies they run...

Naija my country cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by CaptainMitch: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
Sena Anthony sounds like former NNPC Legal adviser, it's been a while I heard about her.
Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by kayjay69(m): 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
And you are somewhat of an authority on this topic how?

You see this is the main problem with us Nigerians, here you are trying to drag me into the mud which you have decided to make your dwelling.

You use the word "most" yet you have no statistic whatsoever to backup your horrid claim. You just throw around your stupidity disguised as a hasty generalisation.

I already cautioned the first guy but then again you willing choose to abandon the lesson I was trying so desperately to pass across to him, you abandon the meat of the matter and focus on something else, something clearly leads to nowhere. I do hate to say this but you and your ilk are what is wrong with Nigeria and if you so choose to be offended by my comments, then my work here is done.

Ugosample:

I'll say it as it is

MOST

of course not!

But then

1 Like

Re: Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
Phock2sweet:
it is u dat will know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) / Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) / CBN Ban On OMO Threatens N9.4 Trillion Pension Investment Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.