Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" (1060 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why / Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 08, 2019
grin

Kiss your husband's ass for a "happy" marriage

Abandon your career for a "happy" marriage

Submit to your husband for a "happy" marriage

Slave away for a....

You already know.

What's your reward...

"She had a Happy Marriage"

Congratulopia

So much emphasis on "happy" marriages; so little emphasis on happy people.

5 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:14am On Jun 08, 2019
Fact is, today's women should go into marriage ready to face whatever will be the outcome. If it works out, lucky you! If her life is threatened she can quit peacefully with her kids. Children to me, are the main gifts women should look out for in marriage, my opinion anyway.

3 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 08, 2019
Madame It's too early please, Habba! Make we wake up fully na.

You have started hating on Men again cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Acidosis(m): 6:40am On Jun 08, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Fact is, today's women should go into marriage ready to face whatever will be the outcome. If it works out, lucky you! If her life is threatened she can quit peacefully with her kids. Children to me, are the main gifts women should look out for in marriage, my opinion anyway

Very wrong.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 08, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Fact is, today's women should go into marriage ready to face whatever will be the outcome. If it works out, lucky you! If her life is threatened she can quit peacefully with her kids. Children to me, are the main gifts women should look out for in marriage, my opinion anyway.

They can have children even WITHOUT marriage.

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 08, 2019
truthsayer009:
Madame It's too early please, Habba! Make we wake up fully na.

You have started hating on Men again cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mtchewww undecided

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:11am On Jun 08, 2019
Come on! It's cute wearing that gown and walking down the aisle, where all eyes are on you. I know one can have children without marriage, i thought of that before giving my comment, but I still feel walking down that aisle with a positive mindset, yet getting ready to bear whatever the future holds for the marriage is what today's women should be strong enough to look into.
breakerofchains:

They can have children even WITHOUT marriage.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 08, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Come on! It's cute wearing that gown and walking down the aisle, where all eyes are on you. I know one can have children without marriage, i thought of that before giving my comment, but I still feel walking down that aisle with a positive mindset, yet getting ready to bear whatever the future holds for the marriage is what today's women should be strong enough to look into.

Yeah...it's cute.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2019
Any woman who abandons her career for marriage is just extremely stupid.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:

At least her marriage is "happy"
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Acidosis(m): 10:49am On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:

This is a very misleading statement. Do you mean job or workplace?

I don't see why a man or woman can't abandon one thing for another. Whether you're a man or woman, conflict of interest is bound to arise.

If the word "career" in the context you've used it means "dream", then you're right. No marriage should be in conflict with one's dream or passion.

However, no job, company or person is indispensable. We misuse and mislead people with the career tag.

3 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by bukatyne(f): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:
grin

Slave away for a....

You already know.

What's your reward...

Congratulopia

Hahahahahahaha
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by bukatyne(f): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:

Why?
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Ranchhoddas: 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
Frustrated people everywhere grin grin

3 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by aytuns(m): 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:
grin

A honest question madam... do you ever see yourself becoming a wife?
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Katier00(f): 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:
are you married dear

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by zyzxx(m): 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
be positive minded, you might get the best man out of all
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by zyzxx(m): 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:
so sorry for u..
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
Sure!
zyzxx:
be positive minded, you might get the best man out of all

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by ImaIma1(f): 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

Everyone should expect the best in marriage. And it is supposed to affect the choice of spouse we make. It is not to marry for marrying sake.

And marriage has more benefits beyond children. Afterall, the children will grow up and leave both of you alone. That is when a mother will keep going to interfer in their children's houses instead of enjoying her own home.

Each marriage is how the parties involved make it to be
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by ImaIma1(f): 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
Only happy people can make a happy marriage.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
Just do not marry an alfa male and you will be fine. Not because other men are perfect, but they are at least teachable. wink

4 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ok........nice.
ImaIma1:

Everyone should expect the best in marriage. And it is supposed to affect the choice of spouse we make. It is not to marry for marrying sake.

And marriage has more benefits beyond children. Afterall, the children will grow up and leave both of you alone. That is when a mother will keep going to interfer in their children's houses instead of enjoying her own home.

Each marriage is how the parties involved make it to be

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
[s]
breakerofchains:
grin
Slave away for a....
You already know.
What's your reward...
Congratulopia
[/s] Na Dem

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2019
Katier00:
are you married dear

Oh dear, do I have to be married to be able to think logically?

If I had said any man who abandons his career for marriage is extremely stupid, would you have quoted me?

Quitting school/your job for anybody including your husband to be is extremely stupid. We do not live in lala land, but on planet earth where anything can happen.

People die everyday including husbands, people divorce everyday, people are diagnosed with diseases like cancer everyday and if you don't have any source of income to protect yourself and eventually your kids from such life challenges because your dumbass is totally dependent on a man, then you are extremely stupid

Bukatyne Acidosis

4 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Timbuktuo: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
Marriage arrangements need to be reviewed. Too many unhappy marriages and divorces these days.

Having kids Timaya-style seems the best strategy right now.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
I noticed that when the going gets tough and rough for some married women, they come online to rant, tagging every man as bad as their spouse or partner.
After reading the marriage is overrated bible, some people have had a biased mindset about the institution already.
To some millions of guys who give marriage bad name, there are millions who are dedicated lovers, fathers, companions, friends,helpers and idols.

Some men worship the ground their wives steps on and adore their children. Their in-laws are proud to have them as part of their families.

Let us not forget that the same thing applies to women.
Some women are living nightmares to their various families while some are just so good that some men will wish they married them

Enough of this please.
If it didn't work out for u,dont spoil the minds of others.
Sometimes the expectations are so high and when life dives the other way, we should learn how to make lemonade out of lemon.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Katier00(f): 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
fieryy:

If I had said any man who abandons his career for marriage is extremely stupid, would you have quoted me?

Quitting school/your job for anybody including your husband to be is extremely stupid. We do not live in lala land, but on planet earth where anything can happen.

People die everyday including husbands, people divorce everyday, people are diagnosed with diseases like cancer everyday and if you don't have any source of income to protect yourself and eventually your kids from such life challenges because your dumbass is totally dependent on a man, then you are extremely stupid

Bukatyne Acidosis
i have my reasons for asking. Sometimes motherhood could be overwhelming and stressful. You may not be lucky to find a good help . sometimes the stress won't go away then your wifely duties. so it's discussion between the husband and wife. one has to stay back and take care of the home while the other work. so when you're not married or all matured enough to see things like that you will not understand the angle that I'm looking at or why I'm asking you that. so when you get to that level you will understand better nobody gives up her career for . fun sometimes it is a necessary evil
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2019
Katier00:
i have my reasons for asking. Sometimes motherhood could be overwhelming and stressful. You may not be lucky to find a good help . sometimes the stress won't go away then your wifely duties. so it's discussion between the husband and wife. one has to stay back and take care of the home while the other work. so when you're not married or all matured enough to see things like that you will not understand the angle that I'm looking at or why I'm asking you that. so when you get to that level you will understand better nobody gives up her career for . fun sometimes it is a necessary evil

Dear, taking a leave is not you abandoning your career/school

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Katier00(f): 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
fieryy:

Dear, taking a leave is not you abandoning your career/school
ok i agree with you
Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by bukatyne(f): 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2019
fieryy:

Bukatyne Acidosis

Saying that any woman who quits her career for a man is stupid is quite a blanket statement.

There is a difference between a career and a calling. One is finite, disposable and can change, the latter is not.

Most people do not even have a career in the first place. Most people have jobs just for sustenance till they retire. Only few would ever have worthy careers in their work life. Take the ratio of accountants vision a viz those that becomes Chief Financial Officers? And Accounting is a profession.

Also, the satisfaction gotten from building careers is fleeting. Except for people who really really really love their jobs or their jobs is in line with their calling. Note the emphasis on love.

Building a career is also building someone's dreams and visions. Would everyone be visionary enough to start their own stuff? No. However, it would be stupid to build someone else's life at the expense of yours.

I also do not agree with delaying marriage for a career. It is pulling the cart before the horse. A career doesn't also mean financial freedom which your post is heavy on. Only very few people get the juicy jobs with lots of perks.

If a couple decide that it is best for the wife to stay at home for a while, they would have counted the pros and cons. There will also be systems put in place to ensure financial capacity for the wife.

A calling however is different and most be fulfilled at all cost.

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Happy So Long As Your Marriage Is "Happy" by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2019
bukatyne:

Saying that any woman who quits her career for a man is stupid is quite a blanket statement.

A calling however is different and most be fulfilled at all cost.

1) This is the most ridiculous post I've read in a while, but that's probably because I do not believe in "callings", but instead in setting up goals and leveling the f up!

2) According to Wikipedia a career is an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress.

There is no job without an opportunity of progress, some have more opportunities and some have less, but there is ALWAYS an opportunity of progress. You can choose to be a hairdresser and be comfortable with that or you can choose to LEVEL up and own your own hair salon when the time comes. Of course it's not easy, nobody ever said it was and some have it easier than others, life is more harsh to some than others.

BUT yes

3) Not everyone would be visionary enough to build their own career, but my post was talking about those who had been but ABANDONED it for marriage

4) If you don't love your job, then I'm sorry but that's pathetic, considering the fact that you'll be doing it for most of your life (except you change it of course) and next time speak for yourself and only for yourself when you state the satisfaction of building careers is a fleeting one.

5) A career might not mean financial freedom, but you being broke and having to financially depend on someone definitely doesn't too

6) A wife staying at home for a while is not her abandoning her job and career, but her staying away for A WHILE.

Besides yes, there might be systems that ensure financial capacity for the wife, but those systems will only be there as long as the husband is ok. However like I said earlier this is not lala land, but planet earth where anything can happen

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

New Jersey Ruled in Favour Of Brother And Sister's Marriage / Face Mask Is Good Oh Ooooo! / Who Is Responsible For Regina Daniel's 5 Months Pregnancy Says Ex-boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.