Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Commitment And Character - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Commitment And Character (535 Views)

Benefits Of Commitment / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Sunday 9th June, 2013 Benefits Of Commitment By Pasto / Christ Embassy: Statement Of Faith/commitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Commitment And Character by Yefet(m): 7:46am On Oct 01, 2010
LifeWords 1/10/2010

COMMITMENT AND CHARACTER

Read Joshua 1:5-6

5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.

We are shaped and defined by the commitments we dare to make and care to keep (the phrase originated with Lewis Smedes). Some people always seem to have their bags packed ready for the next relationship, the next adventure, the next task. They cannot commit themselves to anyone or anything for any time. The idea of an open ended commitment is alien to them. All attachments are temporary and conditional.

How fortunate God is not like that. Here we read his promise to Joshua that he will not leave or forsake him in the challenging times ahead. God doesn't walk away when times get tough. He doesn't go off with someone better than us when we prove all too fallibly human. He keeps his commitments. We can trust his promises. He dared to make promises to us and he cares to keep those promises.

And our commitments are to reflect his own. Will we choose to be fickle in our commitments, giving up when things get too hard, or shifting allegiances when we find something or someone better or more 'fulfilling'? Pray to God he gives us strength to keep our commitments. Praise God he keeps his own.

Blessings David

http://www.hope1032.com.au

(1) (Reply)

We Must Make Peace / Need Good And Affordable Bibles? / Holy Ghost Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.