Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,006 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

What Every Woman Ought To Know About Eating Healthy At Nigerian Parties - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Every Woman Ought To Know About Eating Healthy At Nigerian Parties (832 Views)

Checkout The Truth About Eating Eggs / 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / Points For Eating Healthy On A Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Every Woman Ought To Know About Eating Healthy At Nigerian Parties by Gentlechinok(m): 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
So, over the weekend, I received an email from this lady.

She was asking for just one thing. And this particular thing has been bordering her for sometime now.

I will tell you about it if you read this post to the end.

You know in Nigeria we come up with parties for everything.

Naming ceremony...Birthdays...House warming...Weddings...Homecoming.

Here, we party for ANY reason.

You see, we are Nigerians. And guess what…we love to party!

There was even a recently alleged claim (as reported in the news) that "Lagosians spend up to N36 Billion Naira annually" on parties.

Even at that, our parties are still THE BEST. No one anywhere in the world party like we do here.

The flamboyancy of the host. The aura of the venue. The “aso ebi” dressing. The foods. All of these even makes our parties more different.

So, this lady was seeking for my suggestion on how she can eat healthy, when she is at a party or on a dinner date with her spouse.

But, as a certified party lover myself; rather than reply her email alone, I decided to share some of my own helpful tips to her.

This tips are what you too can use to eat healthy whenever you go on a dinner date or at any party where delicious foods are staring at you.

Meanwhile, let me ask you...

Have you ever been to any party and you have foods there staring at your face?

If you are the type that attend parties regularly, you will agree with me that eating healthy can be very difficult, especially with the various assortments of foods on display.

But you know what...

I discovered this tips that has been helping me and many of my friends at the moment to eat healthy whenever we are at any Owambe party or dinner party.

And these tips are:

One; Don’t Go On An Empty Stomach

Before you leave home for the party, ensure you eat a healthy meal that fills your stomach.

Eat healthy meals that is rich in vegetables, Fruits and Protein e.g. Vegetable or Fruit Salad.

When you have a full stomach, you are less likely to binge on foods at parties because you will not feel all that hungry.

Two; Eat In Smaller Quantity

Let's say you are served a big plate of pounded yam and your choice Vegetable soup with assorted meat...

...divide the food on the plate into two, and eat only half of it.

When you are done with the half, leave the other half on your plate.

There is no reason to feel guilty for not finishing your meal. Your health is important here.

When you do this, you would have limit your body from over eating on fattening foods.

Three; Avoid Sugary Drinks/Alcohol

Alcohol, Packaged Juice, Soft drinks are usually served at parties. Ignore the drinks and go for water instead.

Water contains no calories at all, and not only that, it helps your body revitalize itself.

You can have fun without alcohol or sugary drinks.

And beside, processed juice usually contains added sugar. If you must take juice at all, you need natural fruits juice.

When you get home, use your juicer to make your own orange juice from natural fresh fruits.

Four; Be Picky About What You Eat

Eat more vegetables & chicken rather than lots of pounded yam.

Go for the “moin moin” instead of the entire bowl of fried rice.

Eat the fish stew & Eat more vegetable salad served as sides (as long as they did not anoint it with fatty salad dressing).

And finally…Relax and enjoy the party.

Felicitate with your host and ensure you appreciate them for hosting you.

I hope you’ve learn’t some tips you can use to eat healthy when next you attend your next Owambe party from this post.

I wish you good health in life.

Source: http://doubleyourskinbeauty.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Every Woman Ought To Know About Eating Healthy At Nigerian Parties by Tocynone(m): 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2019
Thank you OP

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spaghetti Fun Fact / Donut And Pastry Box For Sale / Lady In Shock After Caterer Hid Meats Meant For Her Guests(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.