Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes (1117 Views)

I Need A Lady For ONLINE Dating Nothing Physical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by SIlknSteel(f): 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
Okay so you might remember me from my previous post: 'I Need A Guy in Life' but for those of you who didn't have the time to go through, well this is SilknSteel.

Really dearies, I can't seem to understand why most guys are always after a lady's physical looks rather than getting to know her better. Okay, like I received series of calls alright and I dare say that 99% of them wanted to know the same thing: What are your sexiest attributes blah blah. Personally, I don't think it right and I have also noticed that guys who engaged in such questionings aren't really so fantastic themselves.

So house, I kindly ask: Do you think it is right for a guy to want to know everything about every part of a lady even if he hasn't met her before? Don't you think friendship, relationship etc should go beyond that? Waiting for your wonderful responses as always.
Love You All
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Osama10(m): 12:46am On Oct 02, 2010
Hmmn.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by ikamefa(f): 1:01am On Oct 02, 2010
i laff in swahili " grin "

what i know is most men are visually- oriented, the bigger the Tommy-bosoms, the fatter the defense the better grin

she don't have to have a lick of sense.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by bkbabe97y(m): 2:26am On Oct 02, 2010
Who wants to marry a Walrus?
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by InkedNerd(f): 2:56am On Oct 02, 2010
@OP:: Men tend to be more visual than women, so looks really matters to them.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by daduke2k(m): 3:03am On Oct 02, 2010
Because i dnt wana date cinderela's cousin.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by InkedNerd(f): 3:35am On Oct 02, 2010
And who was her cousin? grin
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 02, 2010
my dear its because men are typically led by sight and not by faith. grin
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by daduke2k(m): 3:57am On Oct 02, 2010
Did i say dat? I meant her step sisters. Dnt rememb their names though.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by InkedNerd(f): 3:59am On Oct 02, 2010
daduke2k:

Did i say dat? I meant her step sisters. Dnt rememb their names though.

Doesn't matter. They were sippin' on haterade anyway. That's why they never got the prince grin
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by daduke2k(m): 4:08am On Oct 02, 2010
And they were efing fugly NO.2.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by okeymadu(m): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2010
@OP. The answer is simple.

1. Would you be interested in marrying a crippled man? I guess no. I know for sure that you won't even be patient enough to get that close to know his attributes.

2. The same reason why a lady would want to know where a guy works or what he does for a living is akin to a man wanting to know d physical attributes of a lady wink
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Stevogue(m): 11:40am On Oct 02, 2010
Most often, what a man sees determines how close he is will to get to the lady in question. Hence those wonderful attributes that are discovered in the course of the relationship that follows are merely bonuses.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by SIlknSteel(f): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2010
ikamefa:

i laff in swahili " grin "

what i know is most men are visually- oriented, the bigger the Tommy-bosoms, the fatter the defense the better grin

she don't have to have a lick of sense.

I sincerely do not understand your point. Can you be kind enough to rephrase? Thanks

bk.babe97y:

Who wants to marry a Walrus?

No one at all. I quite agree.

Inked_Nerd:

@OP:: Men tend to be more visual than women, so looks really matters to them.

Granted dearie but how about personality and character? Beauties that can only be discovered if you get to know someone well? Does it mean the FUGLY ones like us will never get a chance with Prince Charming simply because His Eyes Has To Eat B4 His Mouth?

okeymadu:

@OP. The answer is simple.

1. Would you be interested in marrying a crippled man? I guess no. I know for sure that you won't even be patient enough to get that close to know his attributes.

2. The same reason why a lady would want to know where a guy works or what he does for a living is akin to a man wanting to know d physical attributes of a lady wink

Not me definitely. In as much as I most heartedly agree that looks matter, i think Nairalanders are over doing it. I can't recall receiving a single call without whoever wanting to know ''How endowed I am'' ; am not trying to sound lame or anything, I just feel it is setting the cart before the horse really and it ain't wise. I believe in being you; getting to know and appreciate someone for who they are and by so doing, other things can follow.
I recall a number of them who kept emphasizing on looks and blah blah only for me to check them out and YUCK! Not quite my type! I think if they hadn't gone so deep into the looks stuff, who knows, I might have appreciated them more. We are all different and blessed in different ways with varied gifts and personalities. Lets learn to see beyond physiques but i no go lie, IT GOES A LONG WAY BUT DEFINITELY,NOT ALL THE WAY,
Lovyall

Stevogue:

Most often, what a man sees determines how close he is will to get to the lady in question. Hence those wonderful attributes that are discovered in the course of the relationship that follows are merely bonuses.

Have you taken time to think about what a lady might feel for once? Must it always center on what men see and think? We also have such credits alright but I think what makes us special is our ability to accommodate. Can guys say the same?
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Vic2k3(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
Poster not all men are like that. Some are after physical qualities while some are after mental qualities while the other are after behavioural quantities. So its a split dear.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by ronky4luv(f): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2010
hmmm, dt's y many ladies have ruined thier lives with fakes.

They should consider character as no 1.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Stevogue(m): 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2010
SilknSteel, Just hold it right there! where did you borrow such 'special attribute to accommodate'. you may speak for yourself and not for all the ladies because I dont remember ladies being known anywhere for their 'special ability to accommodate.' So what happened to those ladies that wont give a guy a second look if his bank balance is not in six digits and above. Is that accommodation? To a vast majority of Nigerian gals, love means nothing if it cannot be monetized. Ask your brother to give his gal friend a gift of flower which is known to depict genuine affection, on Valentine's day and watch as the affair goes to pieces in the preceeding weeks. What do you take the guys for? If the ladies continue to give us the impression that love and sex have prize tags, then whenever we are paying and buying, we must ensure that our 'chattel' would be worth its price.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2010
lol silnsteel, men too would like to know that at least their women is presentable. I'm sure you wont compromise on a man who has no prospects for a job, has no car and is only squatting with a friend right?
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by james1(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2010
Most peeps are drawn to good look's,men and women.to me,your good look's are nonsense if you talk to me rudely and it seem's to be your way of life or you lack dept and refuse to learn.I have met many women whose only attribute in life is their fine face so with most extremely handsome men.
Real men go for what is within.you will agree with me that tyra banks is more pretty than mrs obama.look up their biographie's,you will know that she is nowhere close to michelle should the real woman stand up.
Michelle is a strong willed woman with impeccable value's.many women will give almost anything to have barrack;michelle has him by the ball's and he adore's her.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by MsPotato(f): 10:37am On Oct 03, 2010
[size=18pt]A guy whom focuses on a ladies physique is known to be not serious and only would be interested in sex. [/size]
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by james1(m): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2010
A girl who has fine face has more trouble with men than the one with phatt physique.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Odunnu: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2010
I am guilty of physical scrutiny. I'm working on a vision that'l put me in spot light in a couple of yearz,I wont hv an unpresentable man beside me as husband.
Evn though I might date a fugly man now,I cant get into a r'shp with such.
Call it vain but I love beauty.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by adagz01(m): 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2010
Too much beauty no way

atutupoyoyo no way

@op i guess u'r nt that so ugly as u'r tyin to show us?
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by switchmax8: 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2010
odunnu,
i really want to meet you?let me know your location or how we cna hook up
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2010
Nice one inked_nerd.i admire ur intellect.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Creamish(f): 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2010
[font=Comic sans MS ]for most men, the physical attributes sparks d interest. . .only when the attributes r in place wuld they bother knowing wat lies within . .

exceptional cases tho' r those who r prolly childhood friends,neighbours, classmates, colleagues . .etc. . .those onez get to have their xterics placed above physical features. [/font]
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by karjard(m): 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2010
@creamish, i agree with you but it is in both the guys and ladies cos nobody would like someone that is not good looking.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by jaygetta(m): 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ those screaming "what about personality and attributes", ok, here's a quiz for u: when a girl walks by do u say: A. "Check out the Personality and good character on that gal, ".or; B."Damn, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, check out them ti*tties and Phat aszzz on that chic".
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by HOTsnow(m): 12:04am On Oct 14, 2010
I THINK U R ALL RIGHT ONE WAY OR THE OTHER:::TO D GUYS,ITS NOW A NORM TO HAV THE BEST CHIC, SOMETIMES IT GOES BEYOND BEAUTY, SOMTIMES IT MIGHT BE CARRIAGE WISE, NEATNESS, PHYSIQUE as u v rightly said, IQ etc:::THE CHICS TOO WANTS TO HAV GOOD LOOKN GUYS WIT NICE SHAPE,FINE POCKET,CUTE CRIB&RIDE, d qst is, WHO DOESNT LIKE GOOD THING? @POSTER, taste varies::THANK U
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by vuvunaira(m): 9:39am On Oct 14, 2010
4 wats worth,

i love d BOOBS wit a HUGE passion,

damn, i can die on it, hahahaa
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by Celery(m): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2010
It is good to ask my dear Siiknsteel. I was sleeping 1 day and my fone rank, i picked and it was a female voice. She said she was board that was why she radomly dialed my numbr, as a gentle man that i am, i was able to chat her up. We started, but the mistake i made was not asking her abt her look. I fixed a date to meet with her. She came and u knw, i started asking her questns like, Where are u standing, which kind of clothes r u putting on. The discription she gave was 1 ABINO that was wearing a heart, caring and umbrellar untop the heat that she was wearing. I sighted her from afar. Oboy, The car that took me there was about going when i shouted 4 him to wait. I mean, i followed the car that brought me back to my destination, i didnt even talk to her. I called her on my way home that i av an urgent issue that arise and i am sorry for any inconvinieces that might caused. I ran. That would av bin avoided if i had earlier asked about her look.
Re: Why Are Most Guys After Physical Attributes by HOTsnow(m): 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^^lmao:::CAVEAT EMPTOR::i saw odunnu's pix i tripped,i fell, i hmmm::while som r busy hidding their beauty or beastY,
Back to d topic::i love sweet chics::odunnu has it all::NO COMMENT cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother Of One Insearch Of An Honest Male Frnd / Sugar Mummies / Sugar Ladies In Abuja! / Conviction: The Major Controversial Of Relationships And Marriages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.