Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 (15692 Views)

View This Simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Making Of this Simple 3 Bedroom / Affordable And Best Architectural / Construction Company In Nigeria In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
Good day nairalanders, i would like to share with you all the progress report of a little 3 bed room bungalow i decided to build with
little funds somewhere in the south west.
i have been inspired by the property section of nairaland to make this post, and i hope this post of mine will also inspire
someone somewhere on nairaland who thinks you need milllions upon millions to build a house.
people.

Building a house is not easy at all especially when funds are limited but you can always start with the little you have.
You dont need to wait until you hit a jackpot of 10 million to start.

Would i advise people to build their own houses against renting houses.

Capital YES

Building project: 3 bed room bungalow ensuite.........
one sitting room,
one dinning room,
one kictchen,
one store,

one master bedroom ensuit
one bedroom ensuite,
one bedroom without toilet ,
1 visitor toilet,
vistor toilet to serve the room without toilet.
Building engineer - Me
Building contractor - Me
Site supervisor- Me

project currently ongoing.

LETS BEGIN.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by GozieAchara(m): 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
success bro on this your journey... will be here to witness every happy moments with u

2 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by ibizgirl(f): 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
Following. All the best. As you have started, my you complete it soon and pack in.
Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by naxclimpsey(m): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
Photo updates
Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
I think i have lost the photos of the bush clearing and foundation setting I took.but i will upload the photos of the foundation after they were completed

Cost of clearing the bushes .3000 naira.
Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
Foundation completed.

Cost of foundation.

12 bags of cement used @ 2400 each 28,800
1 trip of sharp sand @ 15000 15000
1 trip of gravel @ 18000 18000
500 blocks 6 inches @130 65000
Sticks for setting the foundation 1000
Labour 42000
Total spent at this stage 169,000

5 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2019
Photos of the foundation

2 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by ogmask: 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
Success all the way bro. Speedy completion.

1 Like

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
More photos

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
More from different angles.

Due to lack of experience , I used 6 inch blocks for setting of the foundation instead of 9 inches block.i later found out from the bricklayer that 9 inch was the standard block used in setting foundation of a house even if it's just a bungalow house

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
Still on the foundation .

To save cost, we didn't do German flooring.it was nt needed anyways since the land was dry land and very rocky

2 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
I negotiated with another bricklayer to help with the construction from foundation to roof stage of the building because the bricklayer that constructed the foundation was trying to extort me . Imagine he gave me a quotation of 200k just to raise the building from foundation level to roofing stage.

Anyways I got a good bargain of 85,000 naira from another bricklayer for the same job.

It's always good to take quotations from two or three workman before deciding on embarking on a project.but remember , cheap price doesn't mean it's the best.justt know how to negotiate and pick quality

6 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
Building proper on the way

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2019
Estimated blocks for the building

2500 blocks.

1 Like

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
More photos

Photos speak a thousand words

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by mufutau55(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
iamblest:
More photos

Why didnt you move away this palm tree before starting the foundation block laying?

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by mufutau55(m): 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
You should have fill the foundation and levelled it before progressing with upper block laying. This will help you to get good levelling gauge for all rooms and areas.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
mufutau55:

Why didnt you move away this palm tree before starting the foundation block laying?

Hajji M.

The bricklayer and his boys were lazy and kept talking me out of removing the palm tree.they promise to remove it by cutting it into small pieces when they were done with the foundation.it was part of the reason I chased them away after they completed the foundation stage.
I later paid some hausa men to help me roll away the palm tree trunk

2 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
mufutau55:
You should jave fill the foundation and levelled it before progressing with upper block laying. This will help you to get good levelling gauge for all rooms and areas.

Hajji M.

Well , first experience and nobody to ask how ist been done.we learn from experience.will try that in my next project ,God willing
Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by mufutau55(m): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
iamblest:

The bricklayer and his boys were lazy and kept talking me out of removing the palm tree.they promise to remove it by cutting it into small pieces when they were done with the foundation.it was part of the reason I chased them away after they completed the foundation stage.
I later paid some hausa men to help me roll away the palm tree trunk

Ok. That is good. Sometimes dont listen to those guys.
Demand that they do what you want.

Hajji M.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by mufutau55(m): 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
iamblest:

Well , first experience and nobody to ask how ist been done.we learn from experience.will try that in my next project ,God willing

Good. I think you need to read more and look at examples from other threads in this Property section and you will learn plenty. Also go to the General discussion thread to ask questions before proceeding with whatever you dont know, it will help you a lot.

Hajji M.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by Danirose007(m): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2019
wink Impressive
Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
Let the photos do the talking

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
More

1 Share

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by Hum2020: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
Op what a nice work you are doing there but must say that you are managing this work because I don't see the reason why it is taking you time to filled the foundation knowing that by filling up this foundation it will give a level results before you start setting the block to linte thanksh

2 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hum2020:
Op what a nice work you are doing there but must say that you are managing this work because I don't see the reason why it is taking you time to filled the foundation knowing that by filling up this foundation it will give a level results before you start setting the block to linte thanksh

Well let me surmarise why I didn't fill it before raising the main building blocks in two points.
1.lack of experience
2.the workers were really lazy and seems I was even forcing them to get the job done
Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
More

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by Tammynator(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
OP, God will surely help u finish your project. Firstly, I don't think it is a must to use 9" blocks for foundation. Here in Akwaibom, they even use 5" blind to build from foundation to roofing level for bungalows. Secondly, how did u know the 500 blocks will be enough for your foundation? And, did you buy the 2500 blocks needed for the main building all at once? Keep it up and always ask questions.

3 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
more

1 Like

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by Gabrokpara001(m): 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
iamblest:

Good day nairalanders, i would like to share with you all the progress report of a little 3 bed room bungalow i decided to build with
little funds somewhere in the south west.
i have been inspired by the property section of nairaland to make this post, and i hope this post of mine will also inspire
someone somewhere on nairaland who thinks you need milllions upon millions to build a house.
people.

Building a house is not easy at all especially when funds are limited but you can always start with the little you have.
You dont need to wait until you hit a jackpot of 10 million to start.

Would i advise people to build their own houses against renting houses.

Capital YES

Building project: 3 bed room bungalow ensuite.........
one sitting room,
one dinning room,
one kictchen,
one store,

one master bedroom ensuit
one bedroom ensuite,
one bedroom without toilet ,
1 visitor toilet,
vistor toilet to serve the room without toilet.
Building engineer - Me
Building contractor - Me
Site supervisor- Me

project currently ongoing.

LETS BEGIN.

From the pictures you posted i can see you didn't locate any column/pillars at the corners even tho the building may stand, it is usually best practice to position pillars at critical positions as they will carry the roof and concrete fascia(if you intend to do one), as well as enabling you to make use of chain lintel instead of single lintels which most people use in other to cut cost but ask any professional he/she will advice you to go for chain lintel.
Well good job so far God speed

2 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
Tammynator:
OP, God will surely help u finish your project. Firstly, I don't think it is a must to use 9" blocks for foundation. Here in Akwaibom, they even use 5" blind to build from foundation to roofing level for bungalows. Secondly, how did u know the 500 blocks will be enough for your foundation? And, did you buy the 2500 blocks needed for the main building all at once? Keep it up and always ask questions.

Actually , from experience of the bricklayer he suggested we buy 400 blocks .buy as we progressed on the project we discovered we needed 100 more. due to the sloppiness of the land some part of the foundation was 3 coaches high, other were 2 coaches high...

And about the 2500 blocks, we didn't buy them all at once.we bought 500 blocks first then when they were exhausted, we bought another 1000 blocks and so on.

4 Likes

Re: Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 by iamblest(m): 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
Gabrokpara001:

From the pictures you posted i can see you didn't locate any column/pillars at the corners even tho the building may stand, it is usually best practice to position pillars at critical positions as they will carry the roof and concrete fascia(if you intend to do one), as well as enabling you to make use of chain lintel instead of single lintels which most people use in other to cut cost but ask any professional he/she will advice you to go for chain lintel.
Well good job so far God speed

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

The reason we left out the pillars and columns altogether was beacaue we had no plan to do any concrete fascia, parapet ,the house is just a bungalow and won't be carrying any heavy load ,and the land is really rocky serving as additional support for the building

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them / The New CONCRETE STAMP Floor Finish! / Wall Screeding With Ready Mix Putty and painting pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.