Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression (33926 Views)

Paul Pogba: Manchester United Midfielder Reveals Battle With Depression / Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything / Emmanuel Eboue Tests Positive To HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by Correctgist(f): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
Former Ivory Coast and Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue has admitted that his struggles with mental health still continues.
The 36-year-old opened up on French television about his battle with depression and admitted he had even considered suicide.

In an emotional interview he revealed his problems started when he was suspended by FIFA from all football-related activity for one year.

The ban which was given as a result of failing to pay money owed to a former agent, led to the termination of his short-term contract at then Premier League side Sunderland in March 2016. Without a professional club and shattered financially after a bitter and acrimonious divorce case, he admits he had suicidal thoughts.

"Sometimes I would lock myself in my room for three or four days. Just thinking and asking what's left. Even today, I still take antidepressants to help me because it is still a long road for me. But here I am hoping others would learn from this" Eboue told RMC Sport's Le Vestiaire (The Locker Room) in France.
"Being away from a competitive football pitch for a year was heartbreaking. I had to train by myself, and I was really ashamed because people looked at me differently. Some would say 'look it's Eboue, a Uefa Champions League finalist with Arsenal in 2006', to them it was surprising or shocking.

"Personally, I prefer to train in the morning, but there were people who were training at that time. They'd come to take a picture and post it all over [social media]. So I left to train at night."
As things got worse he began to lie to his family. "I couldn't train during the day and too embarrassed to stay at home. My children always asked me when I was going to return to the field, so whenever I stepped out in the morning, I pretended to go to work.

"Unbeknown to my children I was staying outside and returning home when they were already in bed. I didn't want them to ask me why they didn't see me play on television."

After a time away from the media spotlight, to focus on his recovery, Eboue has recently been more willing to be seen in public. As well his appearance on French TV he played for an Arsenal's Legends side against a Real Madrid Legends team last year.

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/im-still-struggling-with-depression-former-arsenal-defender-emmanuel-eboue-admits/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by momodub: 9:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
Jesu please heal this man was good defender for us then I used to like his goal celebration dance ebuka it's well with you

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
Sorry, it's heart breaking. But never take your own life because many beautiful things still exist. Think of another thing that will make you happy, it's all around you.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by auntysimbiat(f): 9:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
WATCH THIS RECENT VIDEO OF EMMANUEL EBOUE WITH KANU NWAKO AND OTHERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aWAAVBzBXA

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by stevearagorn(m): 9:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ehyah
Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by Alexis11: 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
Lol.. Na hustle did one dey abeg. grin
Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by Chiefochiefo(m): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
Meet Tbillz, he knows a way out

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by careytommy37(m): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
I must marry oyibo
Now lookatew! angry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by anonymous1759(m): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
.... Beta keep quiet Ebuoe if you're depressed what's left for us in Nigeria to do? You missed your life time opportunity. People should stop blaming his oyinbo wife, some Nigerian woman can wreck you too. It's all about the individual. That's what you get when you allow your wife control you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by Ihutomi: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
give ur life to Christ and have a perfect rest of mind,Christ in you the hope of glory.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by bluke(m): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
na oyinbo pussy kill am.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by LZAA: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
Fam galatasaray employed ya and cleared ya debt
Btw wia is sarrki

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by Godoverevery: 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ds the reason why you see most footballer having partners and not wife ........it is hard to trust women especially if she is with you cos of the money......Am very sure is family members would have warned him about the woman but you no there some mistake you have to make in life yourself so others can learn from you.

Like I always say fear women ,take care of them ,love them but never be a fool for them.

Eboue did the first three and ignore the last part which is the most important one......Guys never be a fool in love 99.9% of men always regret it.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by Starboytwo(m): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
Na wa, azin shay this guy no get any money stored somewhere or wat?

I don't want to believe a footballer, played for arsenal in the Epl and starred in a champions league final could go so broke, what about all the 50k, 100k per week salary, where he put them?

This guy no pure, na bet9ja addict, he don use all salary play over2 finish....

4 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by safarigirl(f): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
White women can do that to you

Too bad, a black woman is now left to clean up some white woman's mess. That's what black women are reserved for; building up all the black men some white lady has damaged.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by emapraiz(m): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
i pray for strength for you
Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by YorubaWarrior: 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
momodub:
Jesu please heal this man was good defender for us then I used to like his goal celebration dance ebuka it's well with you

Who be 'us'? angry
Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by chrischukszy01(m): 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
The young guns should plan their live well ooo... SET UP A BUSINESS CAUSE IT IS THE ONLY THING YOUR FAMILY CAN INHERIT WHEN YOU ARE GONE... UR KIDS Can't INHERIT UR JOB!

4 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
Buckle up man, ..just keep on keeping on
Do the one you can do and pray to God for others you can't do

After all we are all leaving this world with one story line

Just be your self in this life,...we are not even owners but debtors of it

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by lovingyouhun: 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Sorry ooooo, get well soon undecided

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by kennosklint(m): 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
This life get as e be oh

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Just end it mr fool. Marry home gal u didnt. U go marry oyinbo instead mk u baby mama her. Ode

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by saintokwuluora(m): 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Life lesson course GS 101 No condition is permanent whether the present is good or bad.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by iammo(m): 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
angry

Always hire a financial adviser, and an investment banker.

Not everyone that jams money one way or the other can manage and grow it,.

This is why many athletes and Celebrities die poor and depressed, while a middle income earner might have a richer life ending

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by indigenous234(f): 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
No marry oyinbo, una no go hear . Hope someone is showing our own Mikel this post.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by nairalee(m): 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
A woman brought about his downfall.

I observed that
The first man on earth ADAM was destroyed by a woman
The strongest man on earth SAMSON was destroyed by a woman
The richest man on earth SOLOMON was destroyed by women
The man after God's own heart DAVID was almost destroyed by a woman BATHSHEBA
The Wisest man on earth SOLOMON was destroyed by women

Infact the greatest man EVER, JESUS CHRIST didn't marry for a good reason.
Apostle Paul also steered clear of women and wrote the highest number of books in the Bible

I don't know what other sign I need before I break up with my babe and go celibate

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
safarigirl:
White women can do that to you

Too bad, a black woman is now left to clean up some white woman's mess. That's what black women are reserved for; building up all the black men some white lady has damaged.

Interesting,... But I didn't read or see this from this post
Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by TheKingIsHere: 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
Not only you but all arsenal fans and (ex) players are suffering from depression.

Even Wenger too, that's why he can't coach a club at the moment.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression by Btruth: 9:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
Emma, I really understand your situation. But please get Jesus into you life as soon as you can. I'm very sure HE will help you get over depression and give you a perfect happiness.

Try it and you will never regret it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Roman Abramovich And Wife, Dasha Zhukova, Separate After 10 Years / 5 Most Anticipated World Cup Round 3 Matches / Maguire Ridiculed By Romero After Own Goal Against Tottenham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.