Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

My Experience Buying A Used TV - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Experience Buying A Used TV (11948 Views)

Uk Used Tv Or Brand New Please Help Me Out / Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV / Repair&&buy London Used Tv Also LEARN SOME BASIC FACT ABOUT TV BEFORE BUYING.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by fuckboys: 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2019
Sellfish:

Here Sir smiley
i hate seeing wires on my sitting room walls, how do you guys live with this?
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by Mrcalxy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
Cassie74:

This is where I saw the LCD or am I missing something here

Another thing that bothered me is the official tv rating on the sticker, which reads far off when the OP used his reader.
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by Elpacino481(m): 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2019
jokinexcel:
Please op do you know if the dealer have another one of this your model. I like it and would like to buy too. Can I have his contact
Contact this guy on Nairaland. Onlinealaba
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by Elpacino481(m): 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2019
Mrcalxy:

Another thing that bothered me is the official tv rating on the sticker, which reads far off when the OP used his reader.
There's what we call Rated and Operational. When operating backlit and video formats can affect power consumption. Sometimes when running on normal task power consumption won't be as much as the Rated on the sticker that you see. That's the reason. Hope you understand
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by Sellfish(m): 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2019
jokinexcel:
Please op do you know if the dealer have another one of this your model. I like it and would like to buy too. Can I have his contact

He doesn't Sir....Many people have contacted me to check if he has...

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by k12cambel(f): 4:58am On Dec 17, 2019
wolero7:
@Sellfish Can you tell us which used TV market you visited. It will be helpful on this thread.
@sellfish. Please respond to this o
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by nams77: 7:58am On Jan 30, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
Wow! This is such an interesting expository. I also remembered when I was yearning to change my 150watts led TV to an energy saver one. But thank God at last I got the best TV when it comes to low power consumption, good picture quality, screen mirror, smartness, play every movie format including SRT subtitles, very good sound quality, inbuilt satellite receiver for free to air which am watching as am typing this piece, it also has a playback when your hard drive is connected to it this feature makes me to pause live programs and even rewind them and can even save them if I like. The power consumption is just 34watts which is the least I've ever seen on a 43 inch t.v, the model is LG 43LH604v. U can never go wrong by choosing this t.v.
Wow. Are u saying with a satellite TV you got to watch mbc 2 channels free?
If so, i made an error when i bought my last TV. Should have gotten a satellite TV then.
@selfish. This is a nice thread. I like the due diligence you exhibited. I am in same position as you now. But i am very far from lagos
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by nams77: 7:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
Sellfish:
So i decided to upgrade my old 37- inch LED TV to a bigger, newer, and better one....My budget was 150k and I didn't care if it was used or new...I sha wanted it at least 10 inches bigger, better and newer than my old one

The major things I was looking out for were:

Low power consumption....if the TV's operating power consumption is more than 50 watts, I am not buying grin .....I use an inverter so I don't need any yeye TV that will suck my power unnecessarily....I borrowed a watt meter from my nigga to check power consumption as I already knew I cant trust the power rating on TV labels.

Screen mirroring.....I used to think USB playback on a TV was a very big deal until I went to this my uncle's house and saw his son play a full 1080p movie via his phone mirrored to their 60 inch TV...There was no loss in Quality of picture or sound...The mirroring was perfect in all aspects..I then made a mental note that my next TV was gonna have that...Screen mirroring or nothing tongue

HEVC video format playback capability and also ability to read SRT movie subtitle files....Basically 95% of all the TVs I had seen and operated including my old LG cannot play movies in HEVC format or even read SRT movie subtitle files angry....That meant I basically had to do a laptop hdmi connection whenever I needed to read movie subtitles and/or play hevcs movie....Too stressful...Life should not be this hard undecided
...So I needed a TV that could play anything playable via USB.. as in anything playable...My HDMI should be strictly for my Playstation grin

Very good Color accuracy...I can see very well...one doctor said I have 20/20 vision...So I get very irritated if i have to look at a bad screen...exact reason why i stopped personally using laptops with less than 1920×1080p resolution grin...So I needed a TV with a good color accuracy, deep blacks, nice viewing angles and sturvs...I needed my new TV to be almost as clear as my 1080p laptop screen grin....

Backlight dimming option....I hate having my screens too bright...So my new TV had to have an optional backlight setting....Many TVs i operated didn't have this feature....So their screens ended up being too bright and wasting power...reducing TV backlights reduces eye strain and the TV's power consumption drastically...I cannot come and go and buy something that will damage my near perfect eyesight...never tongue

Nice Upscaling capabilities....I needed a TV that will make even a 200mb movie reasonably watchable on it ..my old TV and many others I had seen did horribly in upscaling...so I made a mental note about that as well smiley

Other stuff I needed in the new TV was at least 3 USB one of which must be USB 3.0, 4 HDMI, memory card slot, ethernet port, functional Wifi, and an acceptable sound output...I cannot buy TV and come and go and be looking for soundbar to buy angry....Of what use is a TV if it has pangolo sound...

And i needed the new TV to be at least 55 inches...I kept extra 30k to add to the 150k in case
I wish you can carry out this kind of due diligence by assisting me to get a smart TV. Lol. I am in the south and confused about getting a new hisense or used tv
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by solelymade: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sellfish:
My simple review of the Panasonic TX-47AS740B after about 1 week use...

Everything works....

Screen Quality.....9/10....screen also has an auto dimming feature...meaning it adjusts itself to the light in the enviroment.....screen is crisp, clear and has wide viewing angles....I can hardly notice any difference in screen quality between it and my 14 inch 1080p laptop....

Screen mirroring works perfectly....I mirrored a 4gig 1080p movie (Gods of Egypt) via my Samsung a20 to the TV....not a single blur or skip...mirroring distance works from as far as 30 feet away from the TV....no reduction in video nor image quality at all....

Wireless and bluetooth also work perfectly....works perfectly as well....The inbuilt apps in the TV work perfectly.....Netflix and YouTube work perfectly....the tv browser also works well....na those ones concern me grin...i have not had the interest or time to test other apps ...

Power....with my current backlight settings, the TV consumes 32.5 watts when playing movies via USB, and 37.8 watts while using wifi or screen mirroring....I cant wish for better power management grin

Connections....the TV has one USB 3.0 por which can be used for recording TV programmes to an external drive..i tested it a bit and it works...2 USB
2.0 ports for normal USB content play and 3 HDMI ports...i tested all and they work ....

Camera.....You wont even know the TV has a camera until you open the video cam app inbuilt into the TV...then the camera slides up out of the top of the TV...once the video can app is closed, the camera automatically retracts itself back into the body of the TV...th camera is clear enough...but it could be better sha grin....Though I have no complaints sha

There is a fully functional micro-sd slot ...I put a 64 gig micro ad card in it and it now serves as the TV's memory for recording programmes...

I also has free-TV....as in you can just get a dish connected to the TV and watch some nice channels for free....I have not tested that sha...I have no interest in free channels tongue

The Ethernet port also works for wired internet connection....I took the TV to my office to test that grin

The TV has two 10-watt speakers which sound quite nice....

There are some other connection ports that the TV has that i have no need for...dem say one na SCART or somtin...e no consyn me grin......thank God e dey sha in case I need them...

The TV runs the Panasonic Viera operating system....once the TV is switched on, it takes barely two seconds to boot and be ready for use ....My one terabyte hard drive connected to the USB 2.0 port barely took 3 seconds to fully load up...

On the whole, The TV is a very good buy and if you are practical like me, and not carried away by shady terms like 4k, UHD, etc, and a 47-inch screen is ok for you, you cant go wrong with this TV...

Just try to get a brand new or faultless one grin

Hey bro.. This thread just popped up on my L&S which made me go through it again. It still brought the same laughter and smile to my face reading again.

I'm curious, how is the TV performing at the moment? It is over a year now you've had it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by successtutor(m): 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2021
Nice reading from A-Z
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by yusufmurry: 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
Op you tried and I like that you got what you wanted

How is it now?
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by holarthayor(m): 2:46am On Sep 02, 2022
Which Tv can you recommended for me,I need something big and sharp just like yours

Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by yusufmurry: 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
holarthayor:
Which Tv can you recommended for me,I need something big and sharp just like yours

As in eeeh, I need a good "London " used TV 40-43". My budget can't afford a new one except anyone has one to recommend
Re: My Experience Buying A Used TV by Sellfish(m): 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
solelymade:

Hey bro.. This thread just popped up on my L&S which made me go through it again. It still brought the same laughter and smile to my face reading again.

I'm curious, how is the TV performing at the moment? It is over a year now you've had it.

Sold it off due to relocation..worked perfectly till it was sold

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dahua cctv &survellance solutions@Discounted prices in Port Harcourt / The price list of all Nokia phone / Macbook Air M1 Screen Replacement Available In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.