Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

My Salesboy Is Eating My Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Salesboy Is Eating My Money (17910 Views)

How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Jason Njoku: "My Children Won't Inherit My Money" - Iroko TV Boss Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by poksmahn(m): 11:22am On Jun 13, 2019
I recently started a business about two weeks ago and because of my schedule, i hired someone to manage it for me. Can't be at two places at once. So, I hired a lanky teenager that radiates humility and zeal for the job and since the business started, I have not been hitting the desired target. I was getting frustrated already but i kept consoling myself that maybe the word has not yet gone around about the business.

So yesterday, i decided to spend a whole day at the business and lo and behold, I made a lot of money that day. Obviously, the boy was eating my money. I have no problems with my staff taking money out for lunch but this guy was slashing my money by half. Imagine the greed! And I pay him above minimum wage and told him to take Sundays off. But the guy comes to work on Sundays and works till late. AT first, I was happy with his work ethic but now, i realize that this guy is working for his own half.

And he swore with his life that he's not eating my money. The next course of action is to fire him but how can i prevent this embezzlement from going on with the next guy I hire? The nature of business is a game lounge. I'll be grateful for any advice I can get here.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Patented: 11:28am On Jun 13, 2019
install CCTV, that's the only control that can work, it will reduce the pilfering but i doubt it can stop it outright. There is no way to measure the number of games played as far as i know

62 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by bluntjudge: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2019
The 'game lounge' you mentioned, is it like a viewing center for live matches or a place they play console games (play station )?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by mcjohny(m): 11:35am On Jun 13, 2019
lol. some people can be pretty funny at times. are you sure your customers weren't they bc you were present?
2 how is his relationship with the customers. he might still be innocent, got to monitor him closely example come at odd times when he doesn't think you will be there

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by paiz: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2019
Why don't you investigate well

Before you will accuse a hard working Man wrongly

8 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by biacan(f): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2019
Go get your younger ones to come manage the place for you

12 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by StylesX: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2019
What a stupid boy, he should've cooked it before eating it, eating raw money cause cancer of the throat.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by poksmahn(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2019
Patented:
install CCTV, that's the only control that can work, it will reduce the pilfering but i doubt it can stop it outright. There is no way to measure the number of games played as far as i know

That's the next line of action. I'll strongly consider this. Thank you

15 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by poksmahn(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2019
bluntjudge:
The 'game lounge' you mentioned, is like a viewing center for live matches or a place they play console games (play station )?

Console game, snooker, etc

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by poksmahn(m): 11:54am On Jun 13, 2019
mcjohny:
lol. some people can be pretty funny at times. are you sure your customers weren't they bc you were present?
2 how is his relationship with the customers. he might still be innocent, got to monitor him closely example come at odd times when he doesn't think you will be there

If i come at odd times, he'll start acting right. No room for pilfering but how will i account for the hours that I'm unavailable?

4 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by poksmahn(m): 11:55am On Jun 13, 2019
StylesX:
What a stupid boy, he should've cooked it before eating it, eating raw money cause cancer of the throat.

Lmao! You just made me spill my drink with your comment!

18 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by internationalman(m): 11:59am On Jun 13, 2019
Next time keep the cooking pot that contains your money locked up in the cupboard...

And stop cooking delicious money meals..

1 Like

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by bluntjudge: 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
poksmahn:

Console game, snooker, etc

If it's possible for you to permanently stay there for a week and know what the place returns daily, with that you can give him a daily target to return to you or alternatively like someone said install cctv .

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by poksmahn(m): 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
bluntjudge:

If it's possible for you to permanently stay there for a week and know what the place returns daily, with that you can give him a daily target to return to you or alternatively like someone said install cctv .

So, if he fails to meet the target twice weekly, it comes off his salary?

7 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
bro stay there for a day or two what ever you make multiple it a week tell him to be deliver it weekly maybe or not he will be the one to pay for the expenses like fuel, NEPA bill etc so you don't need to pay his salary again after delivered what ever he make belongs to he but your weekly payment is a most

11 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by davillian(m): 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hmmmm
OK get someone to join him for a week and let him know the person is your blood brother ( lie) but that person should be trusted by you.
Now after a week the guy should give you daily record sales / amount made per day.
Sum it up and ask him to 97% weekly na were person de work he go chop.
If you make it 100% he go run.
CCTV won't work trust me.
Na game house grin
Or get someone that will be collecting money and giving change to customers but that one will be additional cost.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Kendumazy(m): 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
Don't sack him. Someone once had this kind of problem. Here is what's done.

Stay there for a month. Keep record of every daily sales and let him be aware and let him know the total sales at the close of work every blessed day.

Let your experience during this one month in terms of sales be your determinant in knowing how much you gonna ask him deliver to you every week. Be considerate in this so that he doesn't run like someone said.

At the end of the month. Sit him down like a brother and discuss with him your new terms which are weekly delivery, no salary and he covers every expenses.

That way, you have peace of mind. It's win - win.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-quality-8gb-atm

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Acidosis(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2019
It cost a lot to install and maintain a CCTV, but you can always install a fake (a non-working) CCTV.

CCTVs don't prevent theft, it is the fear of being watched that keeps theives away.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by dominique(f): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
Don't sack him yet. There are no honest people out there anymore o, the next person you hire could be the one to completely cripple your business.

Spend at least a week in the shop and record the average income generated for that duration. When you're no longer available, let him know that he's on probation and the income he generates must be within the range of the average you generated otherwise he'll be locked up. Make him sign an undertaking involving the police. If that doesn't work, you can now sack him after deducting his salary to make up for some of the money he "chopped".

As much as I detest pilfering, some people are still salvageable especially a teenager such as this.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Pabloosas(m): 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by blackaxe78: 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
Use him for money rituals!

He way back indirectly and in folds
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Imoh555(m): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Install CCTV
Insist GE issues receipt to every customer or e receipts
Make time for you business it's unwise to hand a business to someone else when you have not mastered it

Last and best option employ me

3 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by NameChecker: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Best Solution,
Create time to monitor your business or put your family member.
If you don't have time for your business, will you have time to review
the CCTV footage for each day?

4 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by kay7: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Eating money? grin grin grin
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Many businesses have run down due to pilfireage. Its shameful. I once did fish farming. About 6000 fingerling miss . Manager swore on his life he no steal them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Lincoln275(m): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
So nairaland has become police station abi?

1 Like

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by myners007: 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
U DID NOT PUT ADEQUATE CONTROL MEASURES WHEN SETTING UP THIS BUSINESS.

4 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
Eeyah.... Sorry
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by naijajobx: 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2019
Really
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Felixalex(m): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2019
Okay give him a stealing medal

Nothing person no go see for nairaland
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by OBAGADAFFI: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
Get a small business ERP solution/software with that you can keep track on Income and expenses.
Also Install CCTV

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinese Auto Company Shaanxi To Assemble Trucks In Enugu:buys ANAMMCO / Dangote Invests In Two Lagos Gas Pipeline Projects / What Business Can I Start At The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.