Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,071 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches (1051 Views)

Maybe This Is A New Scam Alert Please Spread It To Save People / New Scam On Nairaland???? / Beware Of Fixed Match Sellers(fp Please) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by BloggerAdmin(m): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
There is a trending scam now in Nigeria. It is called Fixed Matches.
Fraudsters use mostly Telegram, WhatsApp and Facebook to perpetuate this fraud.

How It Works

You will most likely see a sponsored post on social media especially Facebook which claims to issue sure soccer games to subscribers. They mostly lure unsuspecting gamblers by first displaying screenshots of "previous wins". However, a research I conducted shows that these screenshots are not won slips but doctored slips. These fraudsters use Corel draw or Photoshop to redesign results from live scores, calculate odds and add amount with green.

Next, they tell you that these were games of subscribers who paid and received fixed games from the admin.

The groups are mostly on Telegram because it allows them disable members' comments in the group. As a result, only the groups Admins publish posts and screenshots.

You will then be asked to private-chat the admin. When you do, the admin tells you to pay a certain amount of money for the day's fixed game to be forwarded to you.
Either Correct Score, Half Time- Full Time, or Direct Wins with high odds.

The truth is that these games are not fixed in any way whatsoever, they are mere imaginations of the scammer.

Once the predicted matches are over, you discover that none played as predicted. Yet, the admin goes to the group to announce that the day's fixed matches played.

Next, they post numerous photoshopped screenshots of the games with their true scores edited to show several winnings by members.

In few days, they come out again to announce new fixed matches for followers to buy.

So the cycle continues until the group is eventually shutdown by Telegram after numerous reports.

The long and short of everything is that you should never ever pay any admin for fixed games. They are all trending scams
I have fallen twice, please don't be a victim as well.

The image below is a recent game that I paid 10k to get after the admin of "MY BOOKIE" group with the telegram account @CONSUL_TANT claimed to be fixed.

Later same day, all two correct scores failed to play, yet the admin went to the group claiming they played as shown in the images that follow. And since no one else can write on the group, other members believe they lost out for not buying the game.

The group members are usually large from 5k members to 15k members.

Tell everyone who cares to know till we put this scam to an end.

@Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2019
I can never fall for this trick ..
Re: New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by BloggerAdmin(m): 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
grayht:

Their acts are well stage managed

As long as u follow their free tips, u have started falling for d scam loading without knowing.

1 Like

Re: New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by Drshobz(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2019
I have falling for dat scam twice
there is nothing like fixed match
am just waiting for league to start
so I can start playing again

nothing pass 2odd roll over it has worked for me and really helped me

pls anytime u here fixed gamejust know its pure scam
Re: New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by Adedaniel211(m): 11:52am On Jun 14, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by BloggerAdmin(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2019
Drshobz:

heavy scam
Re: New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by BloggerAdmin(m): 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2019
grayht:

Re: New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by Wealth4uAndMe(m): 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2019
Drshobz:

Sorry about that. You can get FREE over 3.5 goals predictions on my thread www.nairaland.com/5212139/free-soccer-predictions/3
Re: New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by BloggerAdmin(m): 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
Wealth4uAndMe:
Sorry about that. You can get FREE over 3.5 goals predictions on my thread www.nairaland.com/5212139/free-soccer-predictions/3

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Na Dem ooo
Re: New Scam Alert: Buying Of Fixed Soccer Matches by BloggerAdmin(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2019
So bad

(1) (Reply)

Bus Conductor Inserts Finger Into Girl, 10, Private Part Inside Bus / Chisos! Yahooboy Caught On Tape Vomiting Money! / Blood Flows As Men Of Lagos Environmental Sanitation Corps Clash With Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.