Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

To All Muslims And Non Muslims - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To All Muslims And Non Muslims (289 Views)

NASFAT Organises Free JAMB Lessons For Muslims, Non-muslims In Lagos / Lasu Post Utme For Lagos Indigene And Non-indigene / Know The Differences Between Poisonous And Non Poisonous Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To All Muslims And Non Muslims by toby2(m): 7:29am On Jun 14, 2019
Almajiri
Children the bible says are a heritage from the lord... as arrows in the hands of a mighty man, so are they...
It's quite unfortunate in this scenario what kind of arrows are been bred in some part of this country, particularly t hmm e northern hemisphere. You go to the bus park, canteen and what have you and there u find this places crawling with children who are supposedly to have a father and mother, while other children their age group are in schools or in the safe harbour of their parents, this ones are begging for a living. For quite a while now the word ALMAJIRI is no new thing in the country, some past leaders try to absorb this children into schools where they don't have to pay a dime to be accepted, while other administration promised free feeding programs for them. But to my greatest surprise, they still are in the street.

RESEARCH ON ALMAJIRI
According to the research I made about the above subject, it was discovered that Al Majiri was a well structured quranic educational system that was funded by the emirs, parents, and proceeds from the farm, before the Britons came, destroyed as usual and placed an embargo on its funding (long story cut short though, you can read it up).
Irrespective of whatever was the cause or genesis of this,there are presently about 7million children littering the streets of this country. Pls,I do want to urge every reader, leader or anybody of influence to pls start an ALMAJIRI campaign program where this children could be harboured and rehabilitated, thought how to read and write and probably put up for adoption with the condition that they can see their parents.
I mean there are lots of wealthy people in our society who have no kids, some can easily cater for an extra one or two kids... pls something needs to be done about this children.
The legislative arm could also establish a law of barring people from having more kids if they do not have the capacity to cater for them. Pastors and imams should also preach it in their sermons. Whether we like it or not, this children are part of this society, and if wrongly handled will grow to become a menace to this country...
I wish this could be published so that every concerned citizen of this country can be a part of the SAVE THE ALMAJIRI CAMPAIGN GROUP. Thanks.
Re: To All Muslims And Non Muslims by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:13am On Jun 14, 2019
what u are suggesting will b totally rejected by the north. they detest birth control,they control the country because they have d population. if it were left for me I will say we let them be. u can't help someone dat don't want to helped. but one thing is very certain that in not too distant future it will implode
Re: To All Muslims And Non Muslims by toby2(m): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
what u are suggesting will b totally rejected by the north. they detest birth control,they control the country because they have d population. if it were left for me I will say we let them be. u can't help someone dat don't want to helped. but one thing is very certain that in not too distant future it will implode
hmm, this is deep...

(1) (Reply)

Modibbo Adama University Of Technology (MAUTECH) Post UTME / Direct Entry Screen / Apply For An Affordable Master’s Degree At Middlesex University (london, Malta, / A Failure’s Guide To PMP Exam: Question Types & Tips!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.