Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year (33106 Views)

Divine Oduduru Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test, Faces 6-Year Ban / #ineverexperredit: Divine Oduduru Graduates From Texas Tech University (photos) / Divine Oduduru Becomes Fastest Man In The World, Smashes Bolt's record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by unclexofficial: 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
Divine Oduduru, the Nigeria athletics star has reportedly dropped out of an American University, Texas Tech University he got a scholarship at in his final year. Divine Oduduru reportedly dropped out of the American University in his final year, to purse a professional career as an athlete. This came after he was declared the second fastest African in the 100m after compatriot Olusoji Fasuba. Recall that we reported earlier that the Nigeria star who competed at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Championships on Friday, June 7, won both the 100m and 200m events as Texas Tech's claimed its maiden men's athletics national title.

"I want to say thank you to Texas Tech University for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to come study here," Oduduru said as he thanked his team mates.  "I want to thank all of my teammates — from the sprinters to the jumpers to the throwers — for always believing in me and giving me so much support. I never felt like I was not at home here. It has been so great being here at Tech, and now I've made up my mind that I want to go pursue my career. I'll always be proud to say I am a Red Raider and a Tech student. Wherever I go to, I will be proud to say that" he added.

Here is the video he shared below;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/14/divine-oduduru-drops-out-of-american-university-in-final-year/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by unclexofficial: 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by vertueptime: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2019
If he comw breakleg nko?

17 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by tompat86(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2019
U don turn drop out b d@ oooooo
Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by Freshlorde: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2019
School na scam !

26 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by Duplik8t77(m): 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2019
I never experererit but God gave it to me

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2019
tompat86:
U don turn drop out b d@ oooooo
Na wetin e like e dy do xo

2 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by FuckDaMods: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
Stupid decision

15 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
would have just chilled for one year.
Well, we wey go school sef, my friends wey drop out don better pass me.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2019
That's decision is crazy undecided

1 Like

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by odizeey(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
No be say you go come dey talk say them no honour you when your leg don weak o.
Like a guy said up there ' if he break leg nko?'

Why not complete, why.

I suspect village people.

6 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by RZArecta2(m): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
Wrong move cool
Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by naptu2: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
Probably because of the "professional vs amateur" problem.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateurism_in_the_NCAA

2 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
I hope village people hasn't gotten this guy,he should have used Destiny location changer which he could have downloaded at God protection store.....
But seriously I admire the fact that he's pursuing his dreams, doing things that makes him happy but at least graduate you're almost done.... Graduate!!!

5 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by sammyuche(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
How hi did not hexperit at this stage

2 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by enemyofprogress: 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
grin grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by QuickStandard: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
Wrong idea.

Since you were already in your finals, you would have just waited for the last session.

But las las, like someone said above,
"would have just chilled for one year. Well, we wey go school sef, my friends wey drop out don better pass me"
School is good but it doesn't guarantee success

2 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by anochuko01(m): 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
With that feat, that his half bsc is bigger than every bsc in nigeria and many other parts of the world....

2 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by UncleJudax(m): 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
Freshlorde:
School na scam !
Nobody force you go. School is not for everyone either.

1 Like

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by osuofia2(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
God bless America the land of Opportunities. Who knows what might have happened to him if he was in Nigeria. Maybe Herdsmen for don chop off him head or may be Him go de do other things for this next Level. Africa ||| dream Killers

3 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by Upton: 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2019
This is a difficult moment for him. He is in his best moment career wise, setting records in athletics and he is in final year. One year can change a lot. Now that he is feeling good, it is a good opportunity to pursue a career in professional athletics and you can't combine it with schooling; He might not be in the right form next year to make it big.

At the end of the day, what matters is what he wants to be remembered for - A great athlete or a great tech guy?

7 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
Freshlorde:
School na scam !

The anthem of failures

Continue, when you are at that busstop in future selling gala and fan yogo I am sure those in Nigeria will patronize you undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Player, Nwakali Stranded In Nigeria For A Month After Passport Issue / Top 10 Premier League Transfers Of 2017/18 Season (100% Correct) / William Troost-Ekong And His Girlfriend Step Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.