Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

READERS ARE WINNERS- Please Join This Book Club. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / READERS ARE WINNERS- Please Join This Book Club. (333 Views)

66 Unilag Students And Others Are Winners Of The NNPC/TOTAL Scholarship SEE LIST / Readers Are Leaders? How Does It Work? / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

READERS ARE WINNERS- Please Join This Book Club. by balmofgilead: 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
This book club is created to;

1. CULTIVATE A LONG-TERM HABIT OF READING

Firstly, Knowledge is PURE power and ignorance is never bliss but poverty instead. if we do not know better, we cannot do better. Unless the internet is a stream of income for you, spending as little as 10% of our valuable time looking up and reading unnecessary things on the internet, watching people live their lives, smash their goals and make us laugh, is killing our destinies. Not to sound boring, I enjoy going on Instagram, watching Lasisi Elenu's videos etc but are we doing it at the right time? There are so many distractions in this world set up to derail us from being great and the earlier we begin to plan and set strict goals, the better for our destinies.

Success means various things to people but one underlying factor every successful person possesses is Financial freedom. LEGITIMATE MONEY/INCOME IS NECESSARY and Unless you improve on yourself, your mindset/mentality, you cannot make SUSTAINABLE AND STEADY INCOME (not money gotten from mere luck). Reading is the fastest means of changing your mindset in order to set you up for success. Amongst the great benefits of reading, the ability to expand your vocabulary is a key benefit, which would enhance your communication skill, which is one of the core skills in the business world today. Through reading, you can LEARN absolutely anything you want! most people read and teach themselves how to code or invest in the stock exchange or Forex etc.

2. SHARE SUCCESS/ IMPORTANT BOOKS, VIDEOS, TIPS AND PERSONAL STORIES OF APPLYING THEM IF ANY
Prayer, Patience with ourselves, consistency and perseverance are some KEY habits to have in order to be successful. Please do share your thoughts and tips etc and job vacancies within your reach. We cannot succeed ALONE, we rise by lifting others.

3. NETWORKING WITH LIKE MINDS
Show me your friends and I will show you who you are. See Bill gates and warren buffet, Femi otedola and Dangote and so many others. Link with people who DESIRE to GROW and listen to advise. We do not know it all. Only a fool thinks he or she is wise, remain foolish and learn.

In this book club may be the richest man in the world, an inventor, that great lawyer, etc. joining this group, we can lend help to each other now or later in the future. we can even meet our business partners and investors for our companies here as well!

4. ACCOUNTABILITY AND MENTORSHIP
Here, we do not need to insult, judge or cross peoples personal space and boundaries, however, we can write our goals here and set timelines for the goals and we can ask each other for updates and advise. There is no need to hide your "limitations". Open up, because a problem shared is a problem solved!

My dear friends, NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE is better than you and you are in competition with YOURSELF ALONE and the earlier we face our destinies the better for us. Everyone wants to be successful but being successful CANNOT be handed to you. You must work SMART to become successful and you must become VALUABLE to become successful. Apportion your time, set OUTSTANDING goals ( apply to that job in that great firm regardless of your qualification, get that qualification/profession certificate, self teach yourself how to code, aim to make a million dollars etc.) for yourself regardless of what anyone has said to you. Let us all STEP AWAY FROM OUR COMFORT ZONES and meet at the TOP.

The book for JUNE is "Mindset: the new psychology of success" by Carol S. Dweck PhD (download from this link) https://www.pdfdrive.com/mindset-the-new-psychology-of-success-d60365105.html

READING PLAN: START DATE: 14TH OF JUNE
END DATE: 30TH of JUNE
We have 16 days left. let us aim to read at least one chapter a day and discuss what we learn below after we have done the most important things in our daily plan. i have a dissertation to write myself, so i need to balance things as well.

I have started it but yet to finish it! This book is OUTSTANDING! please let us read it! let us discuss,ask and answer questions till the end of June. pls, indicate below if you are joining this group! At the end of June, we will choose another book for JULY. if you cannot download it, pls indicate! happy reading and thank you for joining!
Re: READERS ARE WINNERS- Please Join This Book Club. by Oladoyinipede: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2019
i cannot download
Re: READERS ARE WINNERS- Please Join This Book Club. by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
I cannot download.
Re: READERS ARE WINNERS- Please Join This Book Club. by balmofgilead: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
Oladoyinipede:
i cannot download
Sorry about that!
pls send me your email if you can.
Re: READERS ARE WINNERS- Please Join This Book Club. by balmofgilead: 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
Hello everyone!

if you cannot open it with your phones, you can try your laptops if you have one. If not just send me you emails and i will send you all a PDF copy as soon as i can.

(1) (Reply)

Free Robotics Training For Schools / MCB Students From AKSU Visit Inter’l Breweries / Brain Teaser 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.