Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

American Born Nigerian Power Lifter, Russell Orhii Is World Champion - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / American Born Nigerian Power Lifter, Russell Orhii Is World Champion (267 Views)

Meet Physically Challenge Female Power Lifter / Today Is World Left Handers Day. See Famous Left Handers / Today Is World Girl Child Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

American Born Nigerian Power Lifter, Russell Orhii Is World Champion by mrnelson1994(m): 8:41am On Jun 15, 2019
American born Nigerian Power lifter, Russell Orhii, son of a Nigerian top politician and former Director General, National Agency for Food Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Dr. Paul Orhii, yesterday became the World Champion after lifting a 83 kg weight at the 2019 World Powerlifting Championship in Sweden.
[color=#006600][/color]
The 25 year old Champion who has competed for the coveted prize for three years was a silver medallist in 2018 and a two time American champion.

Russell who represented the United States of America at the competition was awarded a gold medal and pronounced the World Strongest Man at the moment.

In a short message sent to Daily Independent, his father, Dr. Orhii expressed joy over his son’s success at the competition and wished him well in his future endeavours.

He said, “My son is very hardworking and I wish him all the best in his chosen career as he continues to do Tiv nation, Nigeria and the entire world proud.

The world reigning champion yesterday took to his twitter handle @Russwole to thank everyone who has followed his journey to stardom this year saying, “It means the world to me. I wouldn’t have done it without you.”

Re: American Born Nigerian Power Lifter, Russell Orhii Is World Champion by Jackossky(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2019
Russell

(1) (Reply)

Protest Rocks Anambra Community Over Land Dispute With Arthur Eze's Village / Gionee’s Hope Fades As Court Auctions Off Its Patents / 6 Running Tips To Keep You Safe This Winter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.