Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

John Obi Mikel: Antonio Conte Never Spoke To Me At Chelsea After The Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel: Antonio Conte Never Spoke To Me At Chelsea After The Olympics (709 Views)

Middlesbrough Signs John Obi Mikel On A Free Transfer (Photos) / Michael Obi: Mikel’s Father Kidnapped, Rescued In Enugu Forest (Photo) / John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Obi Mikel: Antonio Conte Never Spoke To Me At Chelsea After The Olympics by olayinkaboss11(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2019
The 32-year-old recalled the experience which forced him out of the Stamford Bridge after flying his country's flag at Rio 2016
Nigeria captain John Obi Mikel disclosed that former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte left him out of his squad for opting to play for Dream Team VI at the 2016 Olympics.
Mikel was called up by coach Samson Siasia for the country's campaign at Rio de Janeiro and he led the team to a bronze medal.
Following his return from the tournament, the midfielder was frozen out of Conte's squad, which made seek a greener pasture in the Chinese Super League with Tianjin Teda.
"For me, it was a decision I had to take because when the opportunity came up to either go to Rio or play for Chelsea," Mikel told the NFF media .
“I decided that Victor Moses, who was the younger and hasn’t played yet for the club, should stay back while I go to the Olympics.
"Victor stayed back and I went but when I got back the manager never spoke to me again and did not even put me in the team, so I had to leave the club.
"For me, my commitment to play for the national team will never change until I stop playing."
After a decent campaign with Middlesbrough in the second half of the 2018-19 season, Mikel has switched his attention to the Africa Cup of Nations , which starts in Egypt on June 21.
Nigeria are in Group B of the showpiece and they will begin their campaign for a fourth Afcon title against Burundi at the Alexandria Stadium on June 22.

Source: https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/john-obi-mikel-antonio-conte-never-spoke-to-me-at-chelsea/byrgg74k08nu1ocvbx03qoqq4
Re: John Obi Mikel: Antonio Conte Never Spoke To Me At Chelsea After The Olympics by olayinkaboss11(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2019
What a peak of patriotism but make I talk true I no fit do am ooo
Re: John Obi Mikel: Antonio Conte Never Spoke To Me At Chelsea After The Olympics by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
You spent 8 years in Chelsea but scored only 2 goals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Obi Mikel: Antonio Conte Never Spoke To Me At Chelsea After The Olympics by Adeoludt(m): 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2019
Good
Re: John Obi Mikel: Antonio Conte Never Spoke To Me At Chelsea After The Olympics by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
[quote author=olayinkaboss11 post=79357164]What a peak of patriotism but make I talk true I no fit do am ooo
[/quote

but he had his first chance to win silver then but stopped to play because age is going against him he joined them
Re: John Obi Mikel: Antonio Conte Never Spoke To Me At Chelsea After The Olympics by raymondele86(m): 8:33am On Jun 16, 2019
You spent 8 years in Chelsea but scored only 2 goals.

True but Mike played defensive midfield in Chelsea and anyone playing in that position hardly scores and not expected to score but rather to defend and give stability to the team, which Mikel did so well. Stop criticizing him for not scoring pls... Jorginho is doing worse than Mikel in that position right now.

(1) (Reply)

The Bench Is Not For Samuel Kalu / First Photo From Super Eagles Player, Henry Onyekuru's Wedding / Clever Mega APK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.