Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Just Published My First Android Game (photos) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Just Published My First Android Game (photos) (2601 Views)

My First Android App (photos) / I Just Published My App To The Google Play Store (photos) / I Just Created My First Android App. Pls Kindly Review It For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by CodePlay1(m): 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hey Guys,
I just published my first game on play store

4 pics 1 game is designed specifically for game lovers � (Or anyone that loves solving word puzzles and brain teasers �). If you like a challenge, then this is the best game for you ✨

Y'all can check it out on playstore, and also please give me some feedback so i know what features to add(or remove) smiley. Thanks for all the love!

Click this link to download on android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.somtee.fourpicsonegame

Here are some screenshots...

2 Likes

Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by CodePlay1(m): 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
There are about 10+ levels per stage

Complete all the puzzles, climb higher in the ranks and
become a game TITAN!�

Pls Download and give me feedback, thanks

1 Like

Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 17, 2019
Nice.... How did you build it.
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by CodePlay1(m): 8:46am On Jun 17, 2019
wamiikechukwu:
Nice.... How did you build it.

Java + Android Studio + Internet(to download images) .
The images are rendered on a surfaceview, then I use a game loop (that refreshes at 40fps) to animate and move things around. The surfaceview implements an onTouchListener (to collect input), then sound is played using the MediaPlayer.

4 Likes

Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 17, 2019
CodePlay1:

The images are rendered on a surfaceview, then I use a game loop (that refreshes at 40fps) to animate and move things around. The surfaceview implements an onTouchListener (to collect input), then sound is played using the MediaPlayer.

Omo guy you try o.

I tot to build games you need to learn some kind of special language.

I have android studio and I Know Java... I will need to made research on this game loop.

But seems it can't be use for complex games right?.

1 Like

Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by CodePlay1(m): 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
Lol no
To make games you just need to know the basics of GUI, rendering images on a canvas, buttons etc
The game loop is like a while loop that runs on a separate thread (conditioned to run about 40-60 times per second). So for instance if you want to animate a movement (like make the player go left) just instert "Player.x -=1:" so the x coordinate of the player reduces by 1 unit every 1/40 second (giving the impression that it's moving left....hence, animation)
Lol it's actually pretty simple, Game physics and Computer AI is actually the hard part.
Depending on your definition of complex.... you can basically make any 2d game with raw code. But for 3D you'll need to atleast use a game dev library (I use LibGDX)
But there are game engines like Unity / Unreal that take off all the heavy lifting for you which makes it easier to develop games with little programming knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
CodePlay1:
Lol no
To make games you just need to know the basics of GUI, rendering images on a canvas, buttons etc
The game loop is like a while loop that runs on a separate thread (conditioned to run about 40-60 times per second). So for instance if you want to animate a movement (like make the player go left) just instert "Player.x -=1:" so the x coordinate of the player reduces by 1 unit every 1/40 second (giving the impression that it's moving left....hence, animation)
Lol it's actually pretty simple, Game physics and Computer AI is actually the hard part.
Depending on your definition of complex.... you can basically make any 2d game with raw code. But for 3D you'll need to atleast use a game dev library (I use LibGDX)
But there are game engines like Unity / Unreal that take off all the heavy lifting for you which makes it easier to develop games with little programming knowledge.

I salute you.
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Eddy90(m): 8:17am On Jun 18, 2019
You be boss
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Warripikin08(m): 8:54am On Jun 18, 2019
Bro did a good job on that game. I still dey learn my c++ to build games.
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by fr1go: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2019
I have no android to check it but well done!!
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Pgltm: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
CodePlay1:
Lol no
let me your mentee boss, I just started learning Java.. How can I reach you?? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Gameguy900: 9:47am On Jun 20, 2019
Warripikin08:
Bro did a good job on that game. I still dey learn my c++ to build games.
C++ to build games. Do you mean Unity Game Engine.
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Millerules(m): 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nice one bro. I am still learning Android too via Google's uDemy course (I can write in Java and Kotlin comfortably) focusing on using kotlin tho, I knw am getting there. Thumbs up!!
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Warripikin08(m): 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
Gameguy900:
C++ to build games. Do you mean Unity Game Engine.
No the main c++ language itself.
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by billionairecoac: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
Congratulations
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by CodePlay1(m): 7:27am On Jun 21, 2019
Thanks guys,
Pls don't forget to rate it and add a nice review smiley
Let's promote game development in Nigeria �
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by kunleiky(m): 2:08am On Jun 22, 2019
CodePlay1:

Cool.
Just downloaded the game. I envy you man!
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by CodePlay1(m): 12:38am On Jun 23, 2019
kunleiky:

Cool.
Just downloaded the game. I envy you man!

Lol thanks bro.... Hehe I still dey learn work o grin

1 Like

Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Pgltm: 7:58am On Jun 23, 2019
CodePlay1:

boss I want to be your mentee.. Please give me your mail or reach me on juicysam4u@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by CodePlay1(m): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2019
Pgltm:
boss I want to be your mentee.. Please give me your mail or reach me on juicysam4u@gmail.com. Thanks

@dannyeze@ymail.com

1 Like

Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Shully19(f): 6:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Plz give me a job nah I can do for u online
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Shully19(f): 6:57am On Jul 16, 2019
Plz give me a job nah I can do for u online and get paid plz
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by GamerMan(m): 11:58am On Aug 07, 2019
Hi I Love Your Work Am 13 Years Currently Am Learning PHP AND MYSQL FOR WEB DESIGN AND SOFTWARE CREATION AND AM A GAMER AND I NEED HELP SO HOW CAN I REACH YOU

2 Likes

Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
CodePlay1:

Please what can I start with??
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by bluefilm: 1:16am On Aug 10, 2019
CodePlay1:
Hey Guys,

4 pics 1 game is designed specifically for game lovers � (Or anyone that loves solving word puzzles and brain teasers �). If you like a challenge, then this is the best game for you ✨

Y'all can check it out on playstore, and also please give me some feedback so i know what features to add(or remove) smiley. Thanks for all the love!

Congratulations on the job well done.

I will like to learn how to code games on android someday.

I hope I can reach out to you based on that when the right time comes?

For now, I am still getting my hands wet with Java things.
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 1:23am On Aug 10, 2019
CodePlay1:

@dannyeze@ymail.com
baba abeg ur whatapp number or any other number to reach you
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by ABCthings: 11:09am On Aug 11, 2019
Nice
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Switpal(m): 11:52am On Aug 11, 2019
CodePlay1:
Hey Guys,

Nice one
Re: Just Published My First Android Game (photos) by Switpal(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2019
CodePlay1:
There are about 10+ levels per stage

Complete all the puzzles, climb higher in the ranks and
become a game TITAN!�

Pls Download and give me feedback, thanks
Can we work together? I have great innovative ideas that may interest you.

(1) (Reply)

Help I Need To Test My Java Application On My Laptop / Laravel Tutorial: Building An E-commerce Web App - Part1 / How can a user recover BKF file?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.