Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier (8271 Views)

Tiktok Surpasses Instagram To Become The Second Favorite Social App / Facebook And Instagram To Begin Closing Down Accounts Of Under-aged Children. / How To Use Operamini For Instagram To Save Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by TechPlace24(m): 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
Instagram is currently testing a new way for people to recover their accounts if they get locked out or hacked.

Currently, locked-out account holders have to email specific verification to Instagram’s security team before access can be restored.

According to the BBC, the trial is an in-app function where users submit contact information associated with the account, and then receive an access code.

Using this process, it will work even if the account has been hacked and the details changed.

The form of an emailed photograph of the account holder holding up a piece of paper with a handwritten code on it is one of the ways in which the platform currently accepts verification.

Instagrammer Lindsie Comerford ended up asking an ethical hacker for help after her account was hacked in 2018.

She wrote a blog post about her experience after finding the official recovery process frustrating and unsuccessful.

“Well, apparently to get a hacked account back I have got to email support and help 10 times, leave 3 voicemails, and report my account before I could reach a magical help screen that actually guides you towards getting your account back,” she wrote in a blog post.

“Getting the help is no easy feat though and honestly it requires sheer digital magic.”

Also announced by Facebook-owned Instagram, is that it is introducing a time delay before a username can be claimed by someone else if an account is hacked or the user decides to change it.

The feature is available to all Android users.

Read More At: http://www.techplace24.com/2019/06/17/instagram-to-make-locked-out-hacked-account-recovery-easier/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by auntysimbiat(f): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by letout: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
shocked
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by erons22(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by EKITI001: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
grin
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by lilianofentse(f): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Nice
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by chikasin4(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Cool
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Jestin: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Work made easy for guymen
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Follow @instagrowth_abuja on IG. I also manage and grow active followers on IG accounts
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by iHart(m): 8:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
What I hate about Instagram and Facebook is that they tend to offer same friend list. All my Instagram friends are still my Facebook friends. Same people same discussion, It doesn't make sense to me.

8 Likes

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Mutemenot(m): 8:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
cheesy
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2019
Instagram = fake lives. But I de there sha.

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by jinadu2019: 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
DO YOU DESIRE TO OWN A VERY GOOD FOREIGN USED LAPTOP WITH WARRANTY?

THEN YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE…

We have top brands such as Hp, Mac, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, Asus, Acer and lots more. Buy now at affordable price.

HURRY NOW…ONLY SERIOUS BUYERS!!!
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by ozoebuka1(m): 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
Wow, this news just changed my life!

3 Likes

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Jerkules: 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
I must confess,this news really touched my soul. I'm a changed Man right now. A brand new person. Thank u so much OP

3 Likes

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Saltoflife: 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
Okay..
I am teaching digital marketing for those interested on whatsap. ..it may take weeks o. But if you're ready hop in or slide in my whatsap. Now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Legendguru: 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
hmmm
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by eazylion001: 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2019
instagram.. kudos to the team
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Kenneth10110(m): 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
iHart:
What I hate about Instagram and Facebook is that they tend to offer same friend list. All my Instagram friends are still my Facebook friends. Same people same discussion, It doesn't make sense to me.
They are both run by FB so its the same

1 Like

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
It's also on facebook. Not only iG

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by Houseofglam7(f): 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
This just made me a few inches taller!
Hallelujah!
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by iHart(m): 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2019
Kenneth10110:
They are both run by FB so its the same
I know, but when we switch from one to another, let's have a different class of friends so the discussion will be different. Imagine if the same people you have on Facebook are the same people you have on Nairaland, nothing changes, updates remains the same and everything becomes boring.

1 Like

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by GGirll: 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
Pls where is hungerbad and nwamaipke
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by omoadeleye(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
iHart:

Then choose one app
Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by starbuck(f): 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
GGirll:
Pls where is hungerbad and nwamaipke

Check for them at the back of your house

2 Likes

Re: Instagram To Make Locked Out, Hacked Account Recovery Easier by tolzy90(m): 3:34am On Jun 18, 2019
iHart:
follow interesting instagram pages and make sensible comments on posts, you'll definitely have new friends

(1) (Reply)

Nokia 3310 Specs & Price In Nigeria / MTN Improves Night Browsing Plan For Pulse Users. / MTN Surprise Users With New Data Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.