Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,592 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" (31981 Views)

Little Boy Tends To His Kid Sister As Mom Writes A Test (VIDEO) / What are the words that easily catch your attention? / THESE ARE THE WORDS THAT SUSTAINED MANDELA IN PRISON FOR 27 YEARS & 6 MONTHS {*} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Jman06(m): 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
There are a lot of words and phrases which Nigerians Use wrongly and these include the words; "kid brother" and "kid sister". Please stop referring to your YOUNGER SISTER or YOUNGER BROTHER as " kid sister " or "kid brother" if they're no longer kids or if you're just a few years older than them. I have heard many people use such terms to refer to siblings whom they're just a few years older than and I think it's only proper if we put things in the right perspective.

Your "kid sister" or "kid brother" is a sibling born when you're already grown into adulthood or adolescence at worst, not just any sibling who's younger than you. Please take note.

135 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Jmk9292(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
English language and it's usage could be cumbersome most times...

17 Likes

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
If my bro calls me kid brother, me i go call am kid elder bro. Simple

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by cassidy1996(m): 6:49am On Jun 21, 2019
Nigerians nor send at all

1 Like

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by femi4: 6:54am On Jun 21, 2019
Coming from a kid poster

112 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Jestin: 8:24am On Jun 21, 2019
I am sure some people actually know the difference but they want to keep seeing them like a baby

16 Likes

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by phransix2: 8:24am On Jun 21, 2019
Take the word Kid out completely. I think little brother or sister is even more appropriate.

Kid means.

A young goat.
The meat of a young goat.
A young antelope.

Kid should be used when trying to explain behavioural eg. He acts like a kid (young person)

My own take sha...

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by CAPSLOCKED: 8:24am On Jun 21, 2019
NAIRALAND NOWADAYS.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Sonfethopia: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2019
Lol
Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by EkunKekere: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2019
For a moment I thought this was supposed to be another pearl of wisdom from the allauakbarians.

[img]https://images./5Bsi4BE7wahkKrp0IhRzf4.jpg[/img]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by DanielJones: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2019
Bravo!
Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:26am On Jun 21, 2019
So what should we be doing with this story nw

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by tojahh(m): 8:26am On Jun 21, 2019
My sister: Welcome kid brother, how work today na?

Me:

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Davash222(m): 8:27am On Jun 21, 2019
So, Nigeria has gotten to the level an outsider will now tell me what I should be calling my OWN siblings Nothing musa no go see for gate!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by MissBorn(f): 8:27am On Jun 21, 2019
I and my sister are in our twenties and she's 3 years older than me, still she saved my contact with Kid Sister and refers me as Kid Sister to her colleagues n friends grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Rebuke: 8:28am On Jun 21, 2019
Na wa o.
Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by sundayoluwatimi(m): 8:29am On Jun 21, 2019
Valuable!
Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by simigold: 8:29am On Jun 21, 2019
Which means we should refrain from using "Kid"napper for any adult taken away by force or without consent too Mr Op?

5 Likes

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Jeposky(m): 8:32am On Jun 21, 2019
EkunKekere:
For a moment I thought this was supposed to be another pearl of wisdom from the allauakbarians.

[img]https://images./5Bsi4BE7wahkKrp0IhRzf4.jpg[/img]

Oya... show us those copies of Quran, to show you're not displaying your ignorance characters and lying habit this time again.

8 Likes

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 21, 2019
I complain give you? grin
Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by ajayiopy: 8:33am On Jun 21, 2019
Jman06:
There are a lot of words and phrases which Nigerians Use wrongly and these include the words; "kid brother" and "kid sister". Please stop referring to your YOUNGER SISTER or YOUNGER BROTHER as " kid sister " or "kid brother" if they're no longer kids or if you're just a few years older than them. I have heard many people use such terms to refer to siblings whom they're just a few years older than and I think it's only proper if we put things in the right perspective.

Your "kid sister" or "kid brother" is a sibling born when you're already grown into adulthood or adolescence at worst, not just any sibling who's younger than you. Please take note.
ENGLISH O JAWO
Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by bamasite2: 8:34am On Jun 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:36am On Jun 21, 2019
Okay I won't refer to my Kid sister as Kid sister again.
Jman06:

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Lexzytee(m): 8:38am On Jun 21, 2019
point taken...but some fools here will still be repeating it now o wink
Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by ABOVEDELAW: 8:38am On Jun 21, 2019
JUST SHUT UP IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY!
Jman06:

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by jboycrb(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2019
femi4:
Coming from a kid poster

Lolz grin

1 Like

Re: Wrong Use Of The Words "Kid Sister" And "Kid Brother" by Ubdavis(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2019
They just brought out this language to cause confusion, so long as u are able to pass ur massage, pls Let's stop this madness....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Rescued After Being Trapped Between 2 Walls For 72 Hours / Kaduna Poly Student Falls From 3-Storey Building In Kaduna / Aregbesola Commissions The Kings University Ode-Omu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.