Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Jay-jay Okocha: I Expect Nigeria To Win Afcon 2019 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jay-jay Okocha: I Expect Nigeria To Win Afcon 2019 (296 Views)

Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG / Emmanuel Okocha: I Cried As Okocha Dribbled Khan, 6 Defenders In Germany / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jay-jay Okocha: I Expect Nigeria To Win Afcon 2019 by Naijiant: 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nigeria made a big impact in the 1990s, but have failed to build on their golden era. Ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, Jay-Jay Okocha spoke to German broadcaster DW about his glory days and the current Super Eagles team.

DW: Nigeria was labelled the ‘Dream Team’ after winning gold at the summer olympics in Atlanta in 1996. What changed after that achievement?

Ja-Jay Okocha: Nobody was expecting us to do very well because we didn’t have the best preparation but as individuals we stuck together and said let’s just try and see how far we can go. Lucky for us we won it and since then we are like heroes in Nigeria. Some of us got stadiums named after us. We were (treated) like Presidents you know. We got the highest reception you could ever think of. After that there was pressure was on the next generation to then repeat that achievement, but they failed.
More on the interview: https://www.naijiant.com/sports/africa-cup-of-nations-2019-i-expect-nigeria-to-win-it-all-says-super-eagles-legend-jay-jay-okocha/
Re: Jay-jay Okocha: I Expect Nigeria To Win Afcon 2019 by Abfinest007(m): 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
sentiments aside these guys lack a better goal poacher

(1) (Reply)

Am With You On The Field Of Play, Make Nigeria Proud Buhari Says To Super Eagles / Lagos State Archery Association To Inaugurate 20 Clubs / AFCON 2021 Qualifiers Full List: Nigeria To Play Sierra Leone, Lesotho And Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.