Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

What Is The Importance Of Praising God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Importance Of Praising God? (5713 Views)

8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians / Praising God / 4 Benefits Of Praising God By Jayne C. Boms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Bms4real(m): 7:47am On Jun 23, 2019
Praising God is a normal response to what He has done for us and who He is.

The book of Psalms, the largest book in the Bible with 150 individual psalms, is full of praise to God. In fact, Psalm 150, the last psalm in the book, concludes with the injunction, "Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!" (Psalm 150:6) Psalm 92 begins with the statement, "It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, O Most High", saying that it is good to praise.

If we want reasons to praise God, we don't have far to look. First, God sent His Son, Jesus, to pay for our sins so that we could enjoy being in the presence of God forever. We cannot pay for our sins ourselves, so God paid for them.

In addition to Jesus' sacrifice for us, we can look at the many attributes of God. God is all-powerful (Matthew 19:26), all-knowing (1 John 3:20), greater than anyone else (Colossians 1:18), love itself (1 John 4:cool, merciful (Psalm 86:15), faithful (1 Corinthians 1:9), wiser than any other (Romans 16:27), and even more.

A list of God's attributes would be as long as the Bible itself. Looking at these attributes makes it plain that He deserves our praise.

An example of the importance of us praising God is Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday (Luke 19:28–44). When the crowds of people were praising Jesus, some of the religious leaders in the crowd asked Jesus to rebuke His disciples because of their praise (Luke 19:39). Jesus' response, in verse 40 was, "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out." Praising God is so important that if people don't praise Him, creation would praise Him. Eventually, everyone will praise Him. Philippians 2:10 says that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow.

This is not restricted to those who love Him—it says everyone will bow.

Since we all will eventually praise God, it is reasonable that we acknowledge His greatness now while we are not compelled to praise Him. Praising Him is His due, and we, as Christians, have the chance to praise Him now.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by NobleAngell(f): 7:49am On Jun 23, 2019
Praise is the only thing that moves God. You can pray amiss but you can never praise amiss. When you praise God, you move him to act. He inhabits the praise of His people. Praise is so important to God that He said if men won't praise Him, he'll raise stones to do so. So let us praise Him in the beauty of holiness.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2019
The Truth is that the importance of praising God is hinged on the purpose of praising God, for praising God without the purpose of praising God being achieved means praising God in vain.

For the Jews were very good in praising God, for it was said that they honored God and drew closer to Him with their mouths and lips, but that because their hearts were far from Him... that hence their worship and praise was vanity in the sight of God.

So as much as we want to praise God with our mouths and lips, let's ensure that the purpose of praise is achieved which is to draw our hearts closer to God, so we don't end up pleasing ourselves and not God who we are praising, because the purpose of praise is not achieved.

Matthew 15:8-9 (KJV)

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by hisgrace090: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2019
It gives joy to your creator, so go ahead and praise Him today.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by meobizy(f): 8:41am On Jun 23, 2019
It’s a good vocal exercise, nothing else.
Why will a God secure in itself want constant praises?
That seems like the action of man — a very insecure one.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 23, 2019
So that he will not chook your yarnsh with hot fork when you die. grin grin
That guy is a bloody terrorist.that is if at all he exists
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by ednut1(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2019
Let be honest wetin God wan gain from us praising him Massage his ego or to feel fly angry. Make una dey deceive una self

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Sensimilla: 8:44am On Jun 23, 2019
Praising God is a waste of time, voice, energy and sense

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:45am On Jun 23, 2019
okay
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by tegamarro(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2019
ednut1:
Let be honest wetin God wan gain from us praising him Massage his ego or to feel fly angry. Make una dey deceive una self

See whatin people they write put for front page on Sunday morning

You no even Fear your Head
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Dantedasz(m): 8:49am On Jun 23, 2019
Let us praise him so he can deliver us...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OPS3kw1U5c
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2019
tegamarro:

See whatin people they write put for front page on Sunday morning

You no even Fear your Head

He spoke facts, deal with it!

the Jewish god needs his ego massaged so much that he created a place where people would go after they die to praise him forever and ever lol.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 23, 2019
If your God demands to be praised all the time, i mean all the time in such a way to massage his ego then your God is the most insecured piece of sh it ever known.

I can never worship a Megalomaniac p imp like that who want to be praised all the time, Trust me if God truely exist in this world and rules but demands to be praised all the time, Won't you Christian call him an chronic insecure dictator suffering from a low self esteem disorder?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Dantedasz(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2019
aaronson:
If your God demands to be praised all the time, i mean all the time in such a way to massage his ego then your God is the most insecured piece of sh it ever known.

I can never worship a Megalomaniac p imp like that who want to be praised all the time, Trust me if God truely exist in this world and rules but demands to be praised all the time, Won't you Christian call him an chronic insecure dictator suffering from a low self esteem disorder?

God works in mysterious ways...his ways are not your ways.....a gazillion years is like a second in his sight...deal with it. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 23, 2019
Dantedasz:

God works in mysterious ways...his ways are not your ways.....a gazillion years is like a second in his sight...deal with it. grin
I'm already dealing with it by having deludes like you making insanity seems perfect by a perfect insane God with low self esteem disorder.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 23, 2019
God doesn't exist.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Dantedasz(m): 9:32am On Jun 23, 2019
aaronson:
I'm already dealing with it by having deludes like you making insanity seems perfect by a perfect insane God with low self esteem disorder.

I can see that you can dish it out but can't take it....praise the Lord... grin
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 23, 2019
Dantedasz:

I can see that you can dish it out but can't take it....praise the Lord... grin
In the end you still will keep praising him even if you deal with the reality of taking it. And that's more insanity hidering the black race. Evolve!
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by advocate666: 9:38am On Jun 23, 2019
Don't let God get depressed. Praise him today.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by advocate666: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2019
God is like a child that lacks self esteem and constantly needs to be reminded how special he is.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Dantedasz(m): 9:41am On Jun 23, 2019
aaronson:
In the end you still will keep praising him even if you deal with the reality of taking it. And that's more insanity hidering the black race. Evolve!

God can cure insanity with a snap of a finger if you had faith as small as a mustard seed...in fact if you had a little faith you could command a mountain to move and it will move.... grin
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2019
Dantedasz:

God can cure insanity with a snap of a finger if you had faith as small as a mustard seed...in fact if you had a little faith you could command a mountain to move and it will move.... grin
This is where your insanity gets deeper and deeper. I assume you have faith already, A mountain is out of our reach, Can you go to Ogun state so you command olomu rock to move?

If i hear in the news that you move olumo rock then maybe am the insane one here otherwise, you would forever wallow happily in insanity.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Flashlaundry(m): 9:57am On Jun 23, 2019
That is our primary purpose of existence, great

Does the weekly washing get you down?
Pressed for time, or just hate ironing?.

At Flash Laundry, we take care of your laundry needs. We offer Home Service and pick up and delivery in Lagos. >08081154939<
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Horiolah(m): 10:16am On Jun 23, 2019
aaronson:
This is where your insanity gets deeper and deeper. I assume you have faith already, A mountain is out of our reach, Can you go to Ogun state so you command olomu rock to move?

If i hear in the news that you move olumo rock then maybe am the insane one here otherwise, you would forever wallow happily in insanity.

He's playing with you.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Dantedasz(m): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2019
aaronson:

Ordinary Olumo rock??
You want to test the Alpha and Omega with that small Olumo rock....man,we are talking of mountains like Mount Everest here....
He who is with faith the size of a mustard seed can ask a mountain to move and it will uproot itself and move from point A to point B.....
Understand that the catch word is FAITH! grin
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 23, 2019
Horiolah:

He's playing with you.
Dude, he means it. That's how deluded christian thinks and talk. Okay should we now accept him believing in an insane God is a play too?
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by hopefulLandlord: 10:20am On Jun 23, 2019
aaronson:
Dude, he means it. That's how deluded christian thinks and talk. Okay should we now accept him believing in an insane God is a play too?
he's an atheist
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2019
Dantedasz:

Ordinary Olumo rock??
You want to test the Alpha and Omega with that small Olumo rock....man,we are talking of mountains like Mount Everest here....
He who is with faith the size of a mustard seed can ask a mountain to move and it will uproot itself and move from point A to point B.....
Understand that the catch word is FAITH! grin
Lol now i know how unserious the word God and Christianity is. You successfully reduced it to some joke.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 23, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
he's an atheist
Don't know though, he talks from the other side of the divide.
Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Dantedasz(m): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
he's an atheist

Why did you spoil the fun now?
This thread don die be that.... grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of Praising God? by Dantedasz(m): 10:24am On Jun 23, 2019
aaronson:
Don't know though, he talks from the other side of the divide.

My friend loosen up....recognize sarcasm when you see it.....
Nice meeting you grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament / 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers / Principles Of Exchange, Your Channel For Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.