Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold (1938 Views)

Frigoglass N10bn Glass Factory In Agbara, Ogun State (Photos) / BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi / Dangote To Open $41 Million Cement Factory In Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by Respect55(m): 10:07am On Jun 24, 2019
Yesterday, I decided to visit the popular eagle cement factory. From mile 3 side, boarded iwofe bus and stopped at eagle cement junction. Then I boarded Keke to the site. What I saw was a total disaster

I could still remember far back as 2003 when I was doing business around there. Every was bubbling with life with long trucks lined up at each part of the road waiting to either been called in to load or early morning to take off after loading. A complete trucks carries about 600 bags of cement and they deliver to all parts of the country.

Now, the site lies in ruins. Grasses has taken over the main entrance as you could see from the following pictures. I would have gone in to take more pictures but for the locked entrance. The ever bust road now looks like a desert if not for few people that have settled there. I feel for Nigeria.

This is a factory that used to provide labor to thousands of people. I wonder where they are now. Maybe criminals. I feel heartbroken

Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by banjicom(m): 10:20am On Jun 24, 2019
Lols, dangote chased them out of business cheesy
Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by Respect55(m): 10:31am On Jun 24, 2019
Not so. Government blocked their water way
Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by etebefia: 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
The last picture, are you showing us eagle cement or yourself?
Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by Respect55(m): 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2019
etebefia:
The last picture, are you showing us eagle cement or yourself?
To show u I was there truly and how scanty the road has become.
Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by lawani: 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2022
Respect55:
Not so. Government blocked their water way

Please explain what you mean because I do not understand what exactly happened to the company which is one of the main companies of note ever founded indigenously.
Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by gentlekeny(m): 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
I live along that Eagle Cement Road. Alot of oil servicing companies have been grounded and closed.

1 Like

Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by Respect55(m): 12:53pm On May 01, 2022
lawani:

Please explain what you mean because I do not understand what exactly happened to the company which is one of the main companies of note ever founded indigenously.
Dangote with his federal support cut out supply from the waterways.
Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by lawani: 1:43pm On May 01, 2022
Respect55:

Dangote with his federal support cut out supply from the waterways.

But I guess the majority were rebagging isn't it? They were not producing cement in the country which only requires a technology that has been in existence for over two thousand years introduced by the Romans. Dangote is taking resources from Kogi state and Ogun state and I think others should have done the same rather than importing cement through the waterways to be rebagged. I never knew Eagle cement depended on importation too. I thought they were producing.
Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by Respect55(m): 8:56pm On May 01, 2022
lawani:

But I guess the majority were rebagging isn't it? They were not producing cement in the country which only requires a technology that has been in existence for over two thousand years introduced by the Romans. Dangote is taking resources from Kogi state and Ogun state and I think others should have done the same rather than importing cement through the waterways to be rebagged. I never knew Eagle cement depended on importation too. I thought they were producing.
You are right and intelligent. They were actually importing cement for rebbaging. Dangote actually needed to run total monopoly and the powers that be danced to his tune. You could imagine holding consignment in the water for 3 months. Then sanctions upon taxes till they folded up. Just regretful.
Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by lawani: 3:18am On May 02, 2022
Respect55:

You are right and intelligent. They were actually importing cement for rebbaging. Dangote actually needed to run total monopoly and the powers that be danced to his tune. You could imagine holding consignment in the water for 3 months. Then sanctions upon taxes till they folded up. Just regretful.

Dangote is not running a monopoly since there are other plants across the country and more can still be opened. He only raised money from the capital market and other means to invest in cement production facilities which any other company can do. Anyone of the companies in the industry can triple production and drop the price and still remain very profitable.

1 Like

Re: Eagle Cement Factory In Portharcourt, A Gory Site To Behold by SavageResponse(m): 11:03pm On May 02, 2022
Respect55:
Yesterday, I decided to visit the popular eagle cement factory. From mile 3 side, boarded iwofe bus and stopped at eagle cement junction. Then I boarded Keke to the site. What I saw was a total disaster

I could still remember far back as 2003 when I was doing business around there. Every was bubbling with life with long trucks lined up at each part of the road waiting to either been called in to load or early morning to take off after loading. A complete trucks carries about 600 bags of cement and they deliver to all parts of the country.

Now, the site lies in ruins. Grasses has taken over the main entrance as you could see from the following pictures. I would have gone in to take more pictures but for the locked entrance. The ever bust road now looks like a desert if not for few people that have settled there. I feel for Nigeria.

This is a factory that used to provide labor to thousands of people. I wonder where they are now. Maybe criminals. I feel heartbroken

Do you even know the meaning of the word "Gory"?

(1) (Reply)

Buying Greendot Funds / I Can't Login To My LUNO Wallet/account / Chinatown Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.