Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,141 members, 7,849,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

5 Irritating Things Job Seekers Do That Employers Hate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Irritating Things Job Seekers Do That Employers Hate (497 Views)

What Do You Hate Most About Working From Home? / 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call / Why Do Job Seekers Avoid Insurance Sale Roles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Irritating Things Job Seekers Do That Employers Hate by Kaybeeafoo1: 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
A lot of job seekers are always in a haste to apply for job offers without considering the quality contents in the application

About a week ago, I was in a discussion with a friend who is HR for a big telecommunication company about the chances of recruiting an application for various position.

He shared the various experience he had when recruiting new employees and the frustrating things they do that hinder there opportunity to get an interview offer.

Personally, the quality of the content like experience, and cover letter if any always get me attached to an applicant. And I have recruited some amazing guys who have performed very well.

Most applicants are lazy also don't pay attention to some silly mistakes.

Below are 5 irritating things job seekers do that employers hate that hinders jobs opportunity

1.Emails Without An Impressive Body

This is one of the blunders most job application commit. They think the HR are only interesting in on CVs.

This is a very wrong impression. Your interview starts with your first application email from your subject and the body gives the hiring officers the thought whether to download your CV or not.

The body of your mail doesn't need to be cumbersome or make it complicated with big grammars, just state how you found about the vacancy and why you think you are the best application for this position.

It's that simple, hope you learned something new?

2.Forwarding CVs From Emails Sent Previously

You might think this is an exaggeration but I can give 100% assurance a lot of job seekers still do these silly mistakes. Or maybe it's the work of their village people

For me, this is the most frustrating thing I can ever imagine from a job seeker. To my conclusion, the reason for this can the result of laziness and disregard for the HR. But I can bet it you will never get a serious job with this habit.

3.Applying For The Wrong Job Or Position

Let me explain to you better: The wrong job/position is the job you lack the experience and skill. There are better ways to go about it f you have no skills or experience. The best way to go about it is showing the passion and interest for that position.

You can show proof of taking a professional course related to the job, having a strong understanding of what the job is all about from making research and listening to professionals in the field.

I understand the pressure of unemployment is quite alarming which might have led so many applicants applying for any job vacancies out there.

I huge you to stop doing this. Be intentional about the type of job your willing and interested to apply for. It’s better to be unemployed, for a little while, than to be engaged in something that makes you bitter and unhappy.

Read More Below:

https://blast.ng/5-irritating-things-job-seekers-do-that-employers-hate/

Re: 5 Irritating Things Job Seekers Do That Employers Hate by onward4life(m): 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
Kaybeeafoo1:
A lot of job seekers are always in a haste to apply for job offers without considering the quality contents in the application

About a week ago, I was in a discussion with a friend who is HR for a big telecommunication company about the chances of recruiting an application for various position.

He shared the various experience he had when recruiting new employees and the frustrating things they do that hinder there opportunity to get an interview offer.

Personally, the quality of the content like experience, and cover letter if any always get me attached to an applicant. And I have recruited some amazing guys who have performed very well.

Most applicants are lazy also don't pay attention to some silly mistakes.

Below are 5 irritating things job seekers do that employers hate that hinders jobs opportunity

1.Emails Without An Impressive Body

This is one of the blunders most job application commit. They think the HR are only interesting in on CVs.

This is a very wrong impression. Your interview starts with your first application email from your subject and the body gives the hiring officers the thought whether to download your CV or not.

The body of your mail doesn't need to be cumbersome or make it complicated with big grammars, just state how you found about the vacancy and why you think you are the best application for this position.

It's that simple, hope you learned something new?

2.Forwarding CVs From Emails Sent Previously

You might think this is an exaggeration but I can give 100% assurance a lot of job seekers still do these silly mistakes. Or maybe it's the work of their village people

For me, this is the most frustrating thing I can ever imagine from a job seeker. To my conclusion, the reason for this can the result of laziness and disregard for the HR. But I can bet it you will never get a serious job with this habit.

3.Applying For The Wrong Job Or Position

Let me explain to you better: The wrong job/position is the job you lack the experience and skill. There are better ways to go about it f you have no skills or experience. The best way to go about it is showing the passion and interest for that position.

You can show proof of taking a professional course related to the job, having a strong understanding of what the job is all about from making research and listening to professionals in the field.

I understand the pressure of unemployment is quite alarming which might have led so many applicants applying for any job vacancies out there.

I huge you to stop doing this. Be intentional about the type of job your willing and interested to apply for. It’s better to be unemployed, for a little while, than to be engaged in something that makes you bitter and unhappy.

Read More Below:

https://blast.ng/5-irritating-things-job-seekers-do-that-employers-hate/

Guud evening sir..

Please can you link me to any body that can help me redress my CV.. To a more appealing dimension

(1) (Reply)

Is This Fraud Or Real / Want To Import Turkish Wears? Drop In Here / Where Can I Physically Learn And Get Certified As A Blockchain Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.