Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,614 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER (12769 Views)

See The Dog I Bought For 50K (pix) / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / Just Got A Caucasian Shepherd Dog. I Need Tips. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by PeraGSD: 7:13am On Jun 26, 2019
Spanishmilf:
it difficult to see. Full breed gsd and a full breed Rottweiler this days....I will advise u to go for predigree

Sir, we don't know where you have been looking that it is difficult to find premium pure quality GSDs. Its high time you look our way grin
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by vincentjk(m): 9:23am On Jun 26, 2019
iamnen:

do you have a pic of the one you owned?

where/who are you getting from in 3 months?

That's his picture right there with my gsd Gustaf, his name was Murphy and almost all petlanders knows him, I trained and built his confidence really hard then he grew to fear no one especially when they're ALPHA of their territory, some people refused visiting us only because of the way he acts up while chained in the front yard

I'm getting one from a breeder in abuja, in about 3months time he'll be delivered to me ( a pure breed pedigree boerboel)

Should you be interested you've to make a budget of N200k then you can dm me let's talk

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by vincentjk(m): 9:28am On Jun 26, 2019
Spanishmilf:
don't think Neapolitan mastiff attack, and all d boerboel have seen in my life are not aggressive Gsd barks a lot tho

Then you don't know much about the two breeds

1 Like

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
vincentjk:

That's his picture right there with my gsd Gustaf, his name was Murphy and almost all petlanders knows him, I trained and built his confidence really hard then he grew to fear no one especially when they're ALPHA of their territory, some people refused visiting us only because of the way he acts up while chained in the front yard

I'm getting one from a breeder in abuja, in about 3months time he'll be delivered to me ( a pure breed pedigree boerboel)

Should you be interested you've to make a budget of N200k then you can dm me let's talk

these are cute. love the shape of the boerboel.
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Spanishmilf(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
PeraGSD:

Sir, we don't know where you have been looking that it is difficult to find premium pure quality GSDs. Its high time you look our way grin
my vet wanted to sell me a Gsd d Gsd doesn't have Brown colour at all it has white fur...I no buy am
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Spanishmilf(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2019
vincentjk:

please can you tell me how you train your dog not to be scared please I got a boerboel like your own it still a puppy give me a tip please

1 Like

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
IamAnderson:
if you want an "intimidating beast" a gsd is not your best option.
it is good at barking and raising alarm but to be honest it's not the most intimidating dog.
my advice is for you to go for a rott, boerbel, cane corso or Caucasian Shepherd.
these dogs are both intimidating to look at and very good strong guard dogs.
only the barks of these dogs will make people reconsider before entering your compound again, plus if it resorts to a face-off with the intruders, these dogs can deliver deadly damage to any body that tries to harm your family.
the confidence of the dog depends on how you train them so I'd advice you to research about these breeds and how to take care of and train them before buying.

i see.
i hope i can see someone who will agree to my terms though.

theres this supermarket (@ rumuola - for those that live in portharcourt) that was eventually shut down because of touts breaking in at night and even harassing the staff during the day

the new tenant of the building - a phone shop brought in a dog. not sure if its a presa canario or a cane corso. i had to go talk to one of the security guards to enquire about the owner of the dog

just one look at the dog (even while chained) people cross to the other side of the road. it doesn't have to bark or do anything.

the security guard told me how all the touts who come to the front of the shop to smoke have all relocated.

that's what i'm looking for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2019
IamAnderson:
me personally I prefer Caucasian shepherds because of their size,strength, aggression, guard instincts and independence.
also they make good family dogs, they are wonderful and friendly around family but aggressive towards strangers.
mine plays with everybody in the house and you'll never even believe he can harm anybody until he's ready to break your fingers with his chain to attack an intruder grin
it's my choice sha, I don't want to be biased and use my preference to make you buy a dog of my choice.(I can see someone is already suggesting pitbull as a guard dog and gsd as an "intimidating beast" )
I suggest you do your own research about guard dogs and their characteristics, that way you'll be able to pick the most suitable for you.
and also read up about them very well before buying one.
goodluck

True. Caucasian also has that effect too

1 Like

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2019
iamnen:

True. Caucasian also has that effect too
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Spanishmilf(m): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
[quote author=iamnen post=79686049][/quote]GSD and and Rotweiler is enough
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by vincentjk(m): 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2019
Spanishmilf:
please can you tell me how you train your dog not to be scared please I got a boerboel like your own it still a puppy give me a tip please

Go through my diary

Everything is there

https://www.nairaland.com/4373838/murphy-boerboel-gustaf-german-shepherd

1 Like

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by IamAnderson(m): 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
iamnen:

i see.
i hope i can see someone who will agree to my terms though.

theres this supermarket (@ rumuola - for those that live in portharcourt) that was eventually shut down because of touts breaking in at night and even harassing the staff during the day

the new tenant of the building - a phone shop brought in a dog. not sure if its a presa canario or a cane corso. i had to go talk to one of the security guards to enquire about the owner of the dog

just one look at the dog (even while chained) people cross to the other side of the road. it doesn't have to bark or do anything.

the security guard told me how all the touts who come to the front of the shop to smoke have all relocated.

that's what i'm looking for.
lol I live in port Harcourt too grin
that's the dog I mentioned earlier, it's very scary to look at, and it drives potential intruders away grin
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Timantech(m): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2019
Spanishmilf:
my vet wanted to sell me a Gsd d Gsd doesn't have Brown colour at all it has white fur...I no buy am
we have different types of gsd from silver to black, brown, tan and black almost 7 species of gsd
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
vincentjk:

Chief, ive gone through your thread.

ive also bookmarked it. i need to take my time to go through it. theres a lot i'll learn from there
nice one bro
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by vincentjk(m): 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
iamnen:

Chief, ive gone through your thread.

ive also bookmarked it. i need to take my time to go through it. theres a lot i'll learn from there
nice one bro

My pleasure smiley
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by MIracle2002: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2019
I have one rottweiler that am selling
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by MIracle2002: 8:10am On Jun 27, 2019
I have one rottweiker that am selling
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 27, 2019
MIracle2002:
I have one rottweiker that am selling

whatsapp nos pls so i can contact you
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by MIracle2002: 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
Call me 08028589385
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
The beginning....

4 Likes

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by IamAnderson(m): 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2019
iamnen:
The beginning....
ooh you got a Caucasian grin how old is he/she?

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
IamAnderson:

ooh you got a Caucasian grin
how old is he/she?

2 months +

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by IamAnderson(m): 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
iamnen:

2 months +
do you know how to raise one? I can give you some tips if you like
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by dabtee: 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2019
Rott mix dobbaman puppy available in lagos. Drop ur WhatsApp nmbr for details
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2019
IamAnderson:

do you know how to raise one?
I can give you some tips if you like

Please do sir, would really appreciate it
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by vincentjk(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2019
Nice pup you got there
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by segzypark(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2019
There is a gsd in my compound. She barks at every moving thing rat,paper,birds,goat just anything she sees moving. Sometimes I come out in the middle of the night to pet her. Just last week I decided to always keep her in the toilet till the following morning till she learn not to bark aimlessly. on the 5th day I kept her in the toilet, some thieves broke into my neighbour's poultry and stole her Turkey and broilers.even while in the toilet she even barked cos she heard foot step but I neglected her barking. Now I respent every of her backing. Her name is BEAUTY.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by fowlyansh181(m): 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
iamnen:
The beginning....
how much did you get your caucasian and from where? nice looking dog, I'm looking forward to getting mine too..
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2019
No work today, courtesy of Maritime workers strike.
Get to spend quality time with him

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2019
vincentjk:
Nice pup you got there

Thanks bro
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
segzypark:
There is a gsd in my compound. She barks at every moving thing rat,paper,birds,goat just anything she sees moving. Sometimes I come out in the middle of the night to pet her. Just last week I decided to always keep her in the toilet till the following morning till she learn not to bark aimlessly. on the 5th day I kept her in the toilet, some thieves broke into my neighbour's poultry and stole her Turkey and broilers.even while in the toilet she even barked cos she heard foot step but I neglected her barking. Now I respent every of her backing. Her name is BEAUTY.

Interesting
Re: I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER by AmNuhRegular(m): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2019
iamnen:
No work today, courtesy of Maritime workers strike.
Get to spend quality time with him
Lovelyyyy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

But Is Bingo The Only Nigeria Breed Of Dog (pix) / DMX Arrested Again In Underground Pit Bull Dog Fighting Bust / Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.