Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr (16275 Views)

Egypt To Host 2019 AFCON / CAF Announce Host For 2019 AFCON After Stripping Off Cameroon / Daniel Akpeyi And Wife, Emmanuella Welcome Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by odun360(m): 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2019
Head coach of Nigeria, Gernot Rohr has confirmed that Kaizer Chiefs goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi, will start in Wednesday’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, clash against Guinea.

The German tactician stated that Akpeyi will be in goal for the three-time African champions against the Syli Stars because the 32-year-old did well in that position against Burundi.

He added that the shot-stopper will be maintained as the number-one ahead of Katsina United’s Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Deportivo de La Coruña’s Francis Uzoho.

Nigeria head to the match after defeating Burundi 1-0 over the weekend while Guinea played a draw against Madagascar.

Addressing a press conference on Tuesday in Egypt, Rohr said: ”Akpeyi played the first match because in the three weeks preparations he became number one.

”I don’t decide in this position alone because we have a good goalkeeper coach Alloy and even my assistant Imama is a former goalkeeper so we speak about this problem everyday each time we are together, so we decided together that Akpeyi starts as number one.”

Rohr added: ”At first Ezenwa had a little knee injury in one of the first training sessions in Asaba, so he had to rest and came back slowly, so he lost his number one position because of his injury.

”Akpeyi played in the friendlies, he did well and there was no reason to change. Now Ezenwa is coming back and there’s real competition because we agreed Francis Uzoho is number three, so for the game for tomorrow we will have a big decision to take who will start the game.

”I think that Daniel Akpeyi with the clean sheet in the first match and very difficult ball he stopped in the match against Burundi, I think he’ll be maintained as the number one.”

Source http://www.reportminds.com/2019/06/2019-afcon-coach-rohr-reveals.html
Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Halezis(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2019
The young man is shaky or maybe should I say he was nervous playing at that level. He made a good couple of saves but made silly mistakes and isn't good with ball claims. He might have got over it the other day but any big team would capitalize on this and exploit us through it knowing fully well he finds it difficult to handle one-time balls

Anyway, the coaches knows better!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Freestainworld(m): 7:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
if he us keeping, let him know it is football not basket ball, the way he kept the first match, i nearly thought they where playing monkey post.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Freestainworld(m): 7:19pm On Jun 25, 2019
if he is keeping for us , let him know that it is football not basket ball, the way he kept the first match, i nearly thought they where playing monkey post.

1 Like

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by 2blessed01(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2019
Hm
Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by 2blessed01(m): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
OK...
Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
A Better Choice....

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Davash222(m): 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
Just deliver, that’s the most important thing.
Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by helinues: 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
He wasn't that bad in the last match.

Hope he would prove himself in the game tomorrow

5 Likes

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
Fvck................. undecided

7 Likes

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
Halezis:
The young man is shaky or maybe should I say he was nervous playing at that level. He made a good couple of saves but made silly mistakes and isn't good with ball claims. He might have got over it the other day but any big team would capitalize on this and exploit us through it knowing fully well he finds it difficult to handle one-time balls

Anyway, the coaches knows better!
we have no other option and it is not good to be experimenting with goalkeepers.
he should play other games now and gain confidence for the knockout stage

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by kygo(m): 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2019
I have always rated Gernot Rhor and this a bold decision to make...He's openly told us why Akpeyi is starting and the coach's word is good for a player's confidence... I'm certain he'll improve in the next game

8 Likes

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by lilfreezy: 7:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
I'd have preferred ezenwa because of his confidence level. Meanwhile we should do something about the attack. I don't wanna see mikel on the pitch and musa is a very poor crosser. In addition chukwueze doesn't get enough overlapping support from the Rb to put pressure on the opposition wingbacks like in villereal so we need Aina to switch flanks. Hence......

Onyekuru. Ighalo. Chukwueze

Iwobi

Etebo. Ndidi

Collins Omeruo. Ekong Aina

Akpeyi

31 Likes

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Soyinka711(f): 7:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
Good Luck.. Make you guys win oooooo... No excuse
Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by itsme01: 7:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
lipsrsealed

Rohr is a good football director/manager he builds his players confidence , Nigerians Prefer a Coach and not a manager , that was why baba Onigbinde go fired

2 Likes

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by phenom666(m): 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
Y
Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by phenom666(m): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2019
He sure better than Uzoho, our 20 yr old keeper with two teen children's.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by seegi(m): 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
ok

By the way, we have bring you a great opportunity to become a property owner in Lagos state with a friendly and affordable price, click the link on my SIGNATURE to view available offers, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by iluvdonjazzy: 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
ayémí o, I'll comment after tomorrow's match.
Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Edyice: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2019
When Nigerians heard Daniel akpeyi is starting again

4 Likes

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Teacher1776(m): 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2019
Ok
He can only get better

2 Likes

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by philkoms: 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2019
Another Karius in the making.To me Ezenwa remain the best keeper among the three keepers in the camp.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by damoobaba: 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2019
nna ehn
Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Parrot69: 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2019
Hmm...
Mr Rohr, cost us this game at your peril !
I guess the NFF won’t save you this time cos we would descend on you mercilessly

1 Like

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by damoobaba: 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2019
odun360:
Head coach of Nigeria, Gernot Rohr has confirmed that Kaizer Chiefs goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi, will start in Wednesday’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, clash against Guinea.

The German tactician stated that Akpeyi will be in goal for the three-time African champions against the Syli Stars because the 32-year-old did well in that position against Burundi.

He added that the shot-stopper will be maintained as the number-one ahead of Katsina United’s Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Deportivo de La Coruña’s Francis Uzoho.

Nigeria head to the match after defeating Burundi 1-0 over the weekend while Guinea played a draw against Madagascar.

Addressing a press conference on Tuesday in Egypt, Rohr said: ”Akpeyi played the first match because in the three weeks preparations he became number one.

”I don’t decide in this position alone because we have a good goalkeeper coach Alloy and even my assistant Imama is a former goalkeeper so we speak about this problem everyday each time we are together, so we decided together that Akpeyi starts as number one.”

Rohr added: ”At first Ezenwa had a little knee injury in one of the first training sessions in Asaba, so he had to rest and came back slowly, so he lost his number one position because of his injury.

”Akpeyi played in the friendlies, he did well and there was no reason to change. Now Ezenwa is coming back and there’s real competition because we agreed Francis Uzoho is number three, so for the game for tomorrow we will have a big decision to take who will start the game.

”I think that Daniel Akpeyi with the clean sheet in the first match and very difficult ball he stopped in the match against Burundi, I think he’ll be maintained as the number one.”

Source http://www.reportminds.com/2019/06/2019-afcon-coach-rohr-reveals.html

Daniel apèrè

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by oluwaahmed: 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
damoobaba:

Daniel apèrè

Chai una no go kee person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by Ganjafama(m): 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
lilfreezy:
I'd have preferred ezenwa because of his confidence level. Meanwhile we should do something about the attack. I don't wanna see mikel on the pitch and musa is a very poor crosser. In addition chukwueze doesn't get enough overlapping support from the Rb to put pressure on the opposition wingbacks like in villereal so we need Aina to switch flanks. Hence......

Onyekuru. Ighalo. Chukwueze

Iwobi

Etebo. Ndidi

Collins Omeruo. Ekong Aina

Akpeyi
Without Musa your list incomplete.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by eunisam: 8:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
for my eyes that guy is not a material oooh he better seatup oooh
Re: 2019 AFCON: Daniel Akpeyi Will Start Against Guinea - Coach Rohr by flexyrule(m): 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Are 100% Coming To Chelsea Next Season - Mikel Obi Tells Victor Osimhen(vid) / Nice Vs Marseille Ligue 1 Game Abandoned After Home Fans Invade Pitch / Osimhen: How I Can Surpass Yekini’s Huge Super Eagles Achievement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.